Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I watched that trailer a few times. Did you notice something similar with how they tried to aim at enemies in this trailer Vs. Killzone3?

Notice how he was straffing in order to get the cross hairs on the enemy, almost like they were using those bull$#@! controls that plagued killzone3. I won't be buying this game that's for sure. Nobody I know straffs like that to get the cross hair on the enemy unless it has that $#@!ty analog delay and acceleration bull$#@!.

If they are going to try to mimic weight in their controls again GG can kiss my ass. I knew exactly what to look for when it comes to GG. They have a habit of making $#@!ty controls.
    You too.
    The killzone 2 controls were shocking, they alegedly improved them for number 3 but durign the beta it still felt slow and clunky to me so was a no buy.

I hope this time all devs add in complete freedom to edit controls in the bestway we see fit, so sick of having to choose between 2 or 3 bowls of $#@!.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You too.
    The killzone 2 controls were shocking, they alegedly improved them for number 3 but durign the beta it still felt slow and clunky to me so was a no buy.

I hope this time all devs add in complete freedom to edit controls in the bestway we see fit, so sick of having to choose between 2 or 3 bowls of $#@!.

yea, I meant Killzone 2 actually because they had the deadzones, input delay and aim acceleration in their controls, it was awful. When you watch the gameplay of Shadow fall, watch how the guy is straffing to the left trying to get the cross hair on the dude. I can already tell it's stiff by just watching it. meh

I am so sick of developers creating $#@! controls and then trying to pass them off like they did it on purpose by comeing up with some crackheaded excuses. I lost a lot of respect for GG after they stuck up for their shotty controls. I was looking forward to this game until I spotted that flaw.

okay, watch from 6:32 and you will notice his straffing aiming. i had to aim that sameway in Killzone 2 because of the controls. yuck I hope I'm wrong about the controls. Although I am still second guessing it. Most likely I'm wrong about the controls. I just have this odd feeling they are going to dork the controls and I sure hope they don't. I'm paranoid o.O

or the guy running for the plane or whatever it is.

Last edited by Bigdoggy; 02-27-2013 at 00:20.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I don't understand. I thought everyone loved the Killzone 2 controls and thought Killzone 3 'CODified' them?

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Interesting to see how two of them were impressed by Killzone's visuals, but bored by its gameplay. Here's hoping Guerilla shows off some unique gameplay elements at E3.

One important gameplay addition is the increased traversablility of the levels, as it seems you'll be able to climb around the levels more.
    I felt the same from the first time i viewed the demo. At first I was wowed by the graphics but as soon as the gun popped in front of the screen my level of interest dropped a bit. It just seemed like The same old killzone gamplay with updated graphics. I'll hold final gudgemet till we know more about it.
    Overall I'm happy with the announcement of the ps4, It's dev friendly and has a ton of power to work with.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I wonder what the first big game on the PS4 will turn out to be. The one played by the majority online. I hope there is something to take us all away from Call of Duty.
    lol $#@! I'm hoping there's a new call of duty.

though i would enjoy games like PlanetSide 2 that are MMOFPS.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I don't understand. I thought everyone loved the Killzone 2 controls and thought Killzone 3 'CODified' them?
    I have spent like 75 hours in KZ2 multiplayer and yet I still suck at that game. Its basically a coin toss for me when it comes to getting kills cuz I just can't get used to the controls. I kept playing the game since that was the only online fps I had at the time.

I dunno what it was, the controls just weren't 'tight' as I'd like although they do give a very authentic sense of weight

Master Guru
    Yeeeesh, those controls were just horrible. COD didn't invent smooth controls, they are just normal is all.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I have no issue with Killzone's controls and prefer the heaviness of the game as well as the compensation you have to make for non-lazer pointer like bullet physics, as opposed to Super-Sprinter Lazer Tag Warfare.

Master Guru
    What are you talk in about, killzone 2 is basically laser tag o.O

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I watched that trailer a few times. Did you notice something similar with how they tried to aim at enemies in this trailer Vs. Killzone3?

Notice how he was straffing in order to get the cross hairs on the enemy, almost like they were using those bull$#@! controls that plagued killzone3. I won't be buying this game that's for sure. Nobody I know straffs like that to get the cross hair on the enemy unless it has that $#@!ty analog delay and acceleration bull$#@!.

If they are going to try to mimic weight in their controls again GG can kiss my ass. I knew exactly what to look for when it comes to GG. They have a habit of making $#@!ty controls.
    First thing I noticed as soon as the action started was they are sticking with the ropey controls. Stubborn bastards. DICE learned and improved their controls for BF3 and the player base on console tripled (at least). Although the BF controls still arent perfect.

After a few patches I got used to the KZ2 controls and had little issue with them, but I did have around 200 hours on the MP. KZ3 controls were just terrible though.

GG need to learn that it's animation = the feeling of weight, NOT deadzone & crosshair acceleration

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Carmack is a legend.

Thread Information