Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    With all that is going around on this... Is their actual proof on what the set price will be and what loss sony will have for every PS4 sold, just like the evil history of the MONEY lost during the PS3 run
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    People want the best yet aren't willing to pay for it....the article talks about gaming capable phones/tablets for sub-$200 -- really? what kind of games do they play? and any tablet/phone worth getting costs more than $400.

You can get them at a lower price subsidized but is that what you guys are asking for?

If rumor regarding Microsoft is true, then they are on to something...
    Capable tablets and phones include the nexus 7, which is quad core and already has some remarkable 3D games...galaxy s3, note 2, to name a few more. Either way you cut it, tablets/phones are threats to console gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I tried to find GDDR5 prices and only came up with this from mercury research it been posted ona few sites.
    To find out more recent info you gonna have to pay 10grand for a report license
    http://www.mercuryresearch.com

$27 (estimated) for 1.5GB so for 8GB would cost around $140.
    DDR3 is around $40 for the same amount.
    Let's just hope the 8GB of GDDR5 don't become 6 or even 4 when the PS4 gets released.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Let's just hope the 8GB of GDDR5 don't become 6 or even 4 when the PS4 gets released.
    This might happen, it wouldn't really surprise me either.

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    I'll be happy with a £3-400 price mark. Any higher and it's a no go until a price drop.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    just like a similar comment i made in another thread, they did the same with the PS3. It was all over the place on the price and how flexible they were or were not with the PS3

And what happened, money lost on every PS3 sold and hopefully they try and avoid that mistake this time around
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    just like a similar comment i made in another thread, they did the same with the PS3. It was all over the place on the price and how flexible they were or were not with the PS3

And what happened, money lost on every PS3 sold and hopefully they try and avoid that mistake this time around
    Right but it's different now as, back then, it was believed that the console would've cost close to a $1000...and it did, just that Sony took a huge loss.

So relatively, they were pretty damn flexible.

Apprentice
    If the Price is 499 and it's pumping out performance and graphical titles and possibly even better than the ones shown, I have no problem paying $499 with a good sized HDD.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    If they come in at $400-450 they won't be able to keep the PS4 on the shelves!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well i see that being the case all over, here in the UK it will be around 330-350 pounds and that is a great price...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm predicting $399 and $499 SKUs.

And hopefully they're exactly the same this time, with the exception of HDD size. The 20GB PS3 didn't have Wi-fi, memory stick ports, or the chrome finish.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

And hopefully they're exactly the same this time, with the exception of HDD size. The 20GB PS3 didn't have Wi-fi, memory stick ports, or the chrome finish.
    That is what I am expecting them to do as well, I just hope the design of the system floors me and I hope it stands vertical still!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    likewise, the look is important... But spec's rule and the price as well, will win most if not over for the since to own the console

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Right but it's different now as, back then, it was believed that the console would've cost close to a $1000...and it did, just that Sony took a huge loss.

So relatively, they were pretty damn flexible.
    I accept that... But they could still lose on every PS4 sold and i think they have not or will never learn from that mistake, unless they do something with the price and strike a balance were they win and we do too

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    likewise, the look is important... But spec's rule and the price as well, will win most if not over for the since to own the console

I accept that... But they could still lose on every PS4 sold and i think they have not or will never learn from that mistake, unless they do something with the price and strike a balance were they win and we do too
    I just hope because they won't be using overly specialized components that there won't be any shortages when it releases this time around! It has been brutal in past years!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    If the Price is 499 and it's pumping out performance and graphical titles and possibly even better than the ones shown, I have no problem paying $499 with a good sized HDD.
    Agree. I expect no less than a 500gb hard drive in them. Anything less will be a deal break and ill wait. With all the content they promise i cant see anything less than that.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Extreme Poster

Yes, but I think there are two points here 1) It depends on how much they're losing...are they losing about a $1000 or a $100? (just an example)

2) The whole idea of making money from the beginning is something by Nintendo with their recent consoles...in order for a company to put out a console that has longevity, they will always end up losing money or you're probably not getting a good deal. Sony is a manufacturer as well so they can keep the costs down over time.

That's what they do best, they put out a high value...usually fairly price console (other than the launch PS3) and then they keep lowering the costs as they go.

That's the way to go.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Yes, but I think there are two points here 1) It depends on how much they're losing...are they losing about a $1000 or a $100? (just an example)

2) The whole idea of making money from the beginning is something by Nintendo with their recent consoles...in order for a company to put out a console that has longevity, they will always end up losing money or you're probably not getting a good deal. Sony is a manufacturer as well so they can keep the costs down over time.

That's what they do best, they put out a high value...usually fairly price console (other than the launch PS3) and then they keep lowering the costs as they go.

That's the way to go.
    again i accept that friend... But you have to agree that they look at it that they sit in a room and go right how can we make it a money making machine

Just like the AUTO BUSINESS, for every new MODEL they have to work out the loss and gain for setting a price that is fair to all and we rake in millions

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I just hope because they won't be using overly specialized components that there won't be any shortages when it releases this time around! It has been brutal in past years!
    i agree, this is going to be interesting for the FIRST QUARTER of the fiscal year and then we will learn what the gain or loss or both were on sales

Extreme Poster
    again i accept that friend... But you have to agree that they look at it that they sit in a room and go right how can we make it a money making machine

Just like the AUTO BUSINESS, for every new MODEL they have to work out the loss and gain for setting a price that is fair to all and we rake in millions

i agree, this is going to be interesting for the FIRST QUARTER of the fiscal year and then we will learn what the gain or loss or both were on sales
    Thatís similar to what Iím saying, they know they will make money off it in the end. Are you saying that you donít agree with what Sony is doing? Because thatís the only thing Iím sayingÖtheir plan is pretty good so far imo.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i will be surprised if the ps4 specs remains the same all the way to launch (any body remember the cuts the ps3 took?). i think somethings will get shaved down for the type of price point ppl want. you cant want a beefy console and be stingy!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    That’s similar to what I’m saying, they know they will make money off it in the end. Are you saying that you don’t agree with what Sony is doing? Because that’s the only thing I’m saying…their plan is pretty good so far imo.
    well for sure they agree and we do to now... But i just will wait until the First Quarter Of the Fiscal year and see what have they did

Sorry friend, if it did not seem we were on the same page on this

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    i will be surprised if the ps4 specs remains the same all the way to launch (any body remember the cuts the ps3 took?). i think somethings will get shaved down for the type of price point ppl want. you cant want a beefy console and be stingy!
    Nah I think they made a definite commitment to the 8gb of GDDR5 on Wednesday night. We are 8-9 months from launch. With the PS3 it was way over a year before launch when they showed this dual-hdmi power hungry monster - the downgrade to specs were not too surprising especially with how much the PS3 was cramming in at that point

This reveal is very much like Vita's reveal. PS Meeting in first half of the year, release window second half of the year.

Plus they would look silly to nerf the 8gb down to 4 after all the developer praise theyve established right now. I fully expect them to go through with it

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    I don't think we will see as much changes but as far as their services (especially the complicated ones)...likely not from day 1 and I won't be too surprised if some never make it in.

well for sure they agree and we do to now... But i just will wait until the First Quarter Of the Fiscal year and see what have they did

Sorry friend, if it did not seem we were on the same page on this
    when is the first quarter of the fiscal year? what would be significant about this quarter?

about the confusion, no need to be sorry, maybe i did not understand your initial post.

Superior Member
    i hope Sony understand that their core demographic is broke. keep it $400 or less Sony
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_criminal View Post
    i hope Sony understand that their core demographic is broke. keep it $400 or less Sony
    Who is their core demographic? ...because I got tha chedda!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

I predicted the exact same thing before the reveal. I guess I still have to wait and see.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information