Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I don't think we will see as much changes but as far as their services (especially the complicated ones)...likely not from day 1 and I won't be too surprised if some never make it in.

when is the first quarter of the fiscal year? what would be significant about this quarter?

about the confusion, no need to be sorry, maybe i did not understand your initial post.
    agreed, we are two different people, with the same idea on how it should work
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Let's just hope the 8GB of GDDR5 don't become 6 or even 4 when the PS4 gets released.
    This is what I am worried about, but I don't think it will happen!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    A guess

Standard - $400
    Premium - $500
    Bundle of standard version + Vita - $600

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    This is what I am worried about, but I don't think it will happen!
    Yeah I doubt they will because this was the biggest bombshell after much doubting of the rumors. They actually brought it. They will be under heavy scrutiny by many if they do cut back. But if it winds up affecting the price to a certain extent they might be forced.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    I think they are simply going to slow the ramping of production to compensate for the additional hardware costs. If there is a roadmap to get 4GB nodes of RAM from the current 2GB nodes, this will recoup the initial cost in relative short order.

If they really wanted to cut corners, they could take it back to the PS2 launch where they were in Japan only for a little while.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Capable tablets and phones include the nexus 7, which is quad core and already has some remarkable 3D games...galaxy s3, note 2, to name a few more. Either way you cut it, tablets/phones are threats to console gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I am not saying they are not a threat. I am saying that if the price being charged for those isn't an issue, I don't understand why it is with consoles.

It really comes down to if people want something or not. If the PS4 releases for $399 or $499 and people aren't buying. People just don't want it -- which will just prove that times are changing and consoles aren't the 'in' thing anymore, specially if X360's successor also fails to make a strong opening.

The PS4 & Xbox successor BOTH need to perform/do well if we want the console industry that we all love today to survive for the next generation otherwise these phone/tablets etc are going to be the future of gaming.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm predicting $399 and $499 SKUs.
    I'm hoping SONY doesn't do this. Instead, have one unit at $449 or $429, and amortize the heck out of it to reduce prices faster on all the components. I know that even Nintendo dropped that strategy, and is selling a WiU bundle for $549?! Ohmygosh... so I suspect you're right about the $399 - $499 deal, roughly. And about the components. I suspect, like WiU, that the only difference in systems will be storage.

I also wouldn't worry about the amount of RAM changing. The PS3 only lost bolt-on features like the second HDMI port, which was a little strange to start with.

And on smartphone games, I say the more the merrier. Casaual gamers only benefit Nintendo, who sell their systems at a profit. SONY and MS, as well as their developers, need serious gamers who will buy way more than one or two games a year.
    Last edited by Tetsu; 02-23-2013 at 04:40.
    Now writing: two Ratchet & Clank novels, a Sly 4 novel, and two rock albums
    PSN ID: Tetsumura/Tetsumaru019
    Pray for this planet! And I don't mean the environment

8. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu View Post
    I'm hoping SONY doesn't do this. Instead, have one unit at $449 or $429, and amortize the heck out of it to reduce prices faster on all the components. I know that even Nintendo dropped that strategy, and is selling a WiU bundle for $549?! Ohmygosh... so I suspect you're right about the $399 - $499 deal, roughly. And about the components. I suspect, like WiU, that the only difference in systems will be storage.

I also wouldn't worry about the amount of RAM changing. The PS3 only lost bolt-on features like the second HDMI port, which was a little strange to start with.

And on smartphone games, I say the more the merrier. Casaual gamers only benefit Nintendo, who sell their systems at a profit. SONY and MS, as well as their developers, need serious gamers who will buy way more than one or two games a year.
    If there are 2 skus the second would have to blow me away to consider buying it. As of now if this happens I will be buying the basic sku.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah I doubt they will because this was the biggest bombshell after much doubting of the rumors. They actually brought it. They will be under heavy scrutiny by many if they do cut back. But if it winds up affecting the price to a certain extent they might be forced.
    I think a lot of decision making went on behind closed doors before they officially announced the 8GB on Wednesday, so I don't think they would ever consider rolling it back to something lower either! But I will have that .1% sitting in the back of my mind!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice
    All the 2nd sku would need is a bigger HDD and I'm sold.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Here's hoping flexible means cheap options.

For me to get one at or around launch, they'll need to offer a basic SKU with no unnecessary crap like the camera but also with a large enough hard drive.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    All the 2nd sku would need is a bigger HDD and I'm sold.
    I'm sure you could just install a bigger one if there isn't one..which is unlikely but just saying.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    A guess

Standard - $400
    Premium - $500
    Bundle of standard version + Vita - $600
    Most likely the premium for me, if that does end up being the case.

Thread Information