Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I do hope that pop in is mostly non existent next gen.

I an very happy with what i saw, but if i have to be TRULY honest, here's how the KZ trailer/gameplay went for me:

Wit the start, when he was on the heli i was truly amazed, my jaw was on the ground!

But when the game actually started and we seen gameplay ( shooting) it looked noticeably ...worse. It still looked beyond what we see this gen but not as impressive as the cut scene parts.

I know we still have like...9 months and a lot of optimisation left and it probably will look a lot better.
    I will definitely look better, but you also have to remember on games like that in the heat of the action people aren't going to be noticing the little details, so they may have intentionally done that to allow them to do other effects, etc.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    presentation still show.. All said and done, we all know it was either real or not

But we all agree, KILLZONE and WATCH DOGS stole the show
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

3. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

I am $#@!ing STOKED for Watch Dogs. That game looks hot.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I'm sure the introductory speeches for Second Son and Watch Dogs gave you a hard-on, you libertarian bastard!

6. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    I still don't get the point of it.

Edit: Oh it's Ubisoft right...no wonder.

Flaw3d Genius
    Was amazing...stole the show.

Forum Overseer
    It might look amazing but I don't see it as a true next-gen title. Well, there's proof to that...it'll out on multiple consoles including the PS3.

Let's not forget GTAV coming out soon and that's a current gen title that will likely blow the socks off of any sandbox-like game. That teaser showed more gameplay potential than the entire Watch Dogs demo...I'm not saying Watch Dogs wasn't impressive because I was thoroughly impressed when they showed it a few months ago...but next-gen? Come on.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I think Watch Dogs looks very current gen. The other titles definitely looked next gen.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I think Watch Dogs looks very current gen. The other titles definitely looked next gen.
    To me, it looks like in-between current and next. Super impressive for current gen but a starter in next-gen.

KZ looked a solid next-gen title, played like current gen...no innovation there. Pretty generic to me honestly.

Though KZ looked the best out of all others.

It seemed rushed, to me at least. All game presentation looked like they were done in a hurry. Pop ins, bad animations, uninspired gameplay sequences. Surely until E3 they will work on animations, remove pop ins, greatly improve textures (4->8gb) but what i'm scared is that they will present boring gameplay sequences again. I feel like the new KZ would've looked infinitely better if the gameplay was made in a more dark and claustrophobic area to better show the crazy lighting and only towards the end to open up on a huge area like the city to show the insane amount of geometry and visual fidelity. Maybe they'll do better for E3.

Personally i think Deep Down looked the best by far at this event. Of course, no gameplay and small confined area but God damn, that looked like a mother $#@!ing CGI movie hands down! And if you watch the trailer in the 1080p downloaded form, you can clearly see it was 100% real time, just not gameplay.
    Last edited by baho; 02-22-2013 at 19:38.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Well looks like it's confirmed that Infamous: Second Son was actually GAMEPLAY, not just in-game. They just played around with the camera to make it more cinematic.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm sure the introductory speeches for Second Son and Watch Dogs gave you a hard-on, you libertarian bastard!
    Ya damn skippy, you poon eating sona$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I still don't get the point of it.

Edit: Oh it's Ubisoft right...no wonder.
    Going up against tyranny with force after all other options are exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Was amazing...stole the show.
    I know, right? I was like, whaaaaa?

Elite Guru
    The fact that we are arguing if it's real time or not just shows how good the graphics are coming out of this machine.

16. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    The fact that we are arguing if it's real time or not just shows how good the graphics are coming out of this machine.
    Yep. That's my point. I can't even believe this It's so amazing.

And just the fact that PS4 is going to be easy to develop on. We are going to get so many quality games like back in the PS2 days!!!

...I hope

Forum Overseer
    Ya damn skippy, you poon eating sona$#@!.

Going up against tyranny with force after all other options are exhausted.

I know, right? I was like, whaaaaa?
    Hmm that does make it more interesting.

I think the game's using some assets from AC but that's not a bad thing...the game is completely different and I like their approach to it.

If they have a killer story to go with it then it'll definitely be a game to play. So far, I think they haven't done an incredible job with the presentation...the game itself is doing the talking but they should present it better.

Rockstar always does an amazing job with it even if their game doesn't end up being that great.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hmm that does make it more interesting.

I think the game's using some assets from AC but that's not a bad thing...the game is completely different and I like their approach to it.

If they have a killer story to go with it then it'll definitely be a game to play. So far, I think they haven't done an incredible job with the presentation...the game itself is doing the talking but they should present it better.

Rockstar always does an amazing job with it even if their game doesn't end up being that great.
    True. I think the point was for the game to do the talking as you said. I'm okay with the presentation being a bit off so long as I see in-game footage which is what I really want to get a grasp of. I think this game may be just the type for me.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Yep. That's my point. I can't even believe this It's so amazing.

And just the fact that PS4 is going to be easy to develop on. We are going to get so many quality games like back in the PS2 days!!!

...I hope
    I hope so too, art assets will cost a lot more but that is the only issue I am seeing right now. The CPU is very vanilla (in a good way) the GPU is incredibly flexible and well known, Sony development tools are some of the best available now days and so long as there is no hidden 'Gotcha!' we don't know about then I am getting very excited about the possibilities.

And even when I complain about art assets I'm tempted to think that may also not be an issue. If artists aren't fighting again RAM limit and software functionality then they can just lay assets down with out much worry.

On Ps3 you have to worry that every can fit into 256MB of RAM and it some stuff can be paged form the Cell's RAM or if the SPE code is fast enough to handle all the various little issues but with Ps4 almost all of that is gone. It's looking very exciting to be sure.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Every thing shown is confirmed as realtime, even deep down (God that was awesome!)
    CGI/offline in-engine pre rendered footage (ala uncharted) doesn't have jaggies and flat trees

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I don't know why people thought Second Son wasn't real-time. The hair of the red-headed woman looked bad.

23. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    ^Exactly

Vegetation and hair are dead giveaways of realtime footage. Thats what I always use to make my decisions. Metal Gear Ground Zeroes floored me with its graphics that I kept thinking it was CGI, until I saw the kid's hair

Forum Sage
    It honestly looks like an Ok-Looking game (for the hardware) with an excess of post-processing at moments... which led some people to think it wasn't Real-Time.

I don't know why people thought Second Son wasn't real-time. The hair of the red-headed woman looked bad.

Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

PSN ID
    Iquadoctor
    I believe most, if not all, of the footage was real-time, if you watch closely you can notice the effects of someone playing, not just cinema. The only exception is the Infamous Second Son, I don"t think any of it was real-time.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    It honestly looks like an Ok-Looking game (for the hardware) with an excess of post-processing at moments... which led some people to think it wasn't Real-Time.
    Well, I wasn't extremely impressed with it either, but it does look quite good in the other sections of the trailer:

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqudoctor View Post
    I believe most, if not all, of the footage was real-time, if you watch closely you can notice the effects of someone playing, not just cinema. The only exception is the Infamous Second Son, I don"t think any of it was real-time.
    did you ignore all the posts above?
    Well, I wasn't extremely impressed with it either, but it does look quite good in the other sections of the trailer:

The character model for protagonist, the facial animation and the ember particle effects are cg level

Forum Sage
    Hehe I'm probably putting my hopes too high but I'd expect games (cinematics at least) to look in the neighborhood of these:

Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Thread Information