Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
My interview with Tretton....

ME: So Mr. Tretton.... explain how Sony went from a 5:1 sales ratio over the Xbox platform last gen to only 1:1 at the END of this current generation?

Tretton: Well you see... the Xbox 360 launched much earlier then the PS3 and at a much lower price.

Me:
Well the Sega Dreamcast launched much earlier then the PS2 and at a much lower price and yet that didn't stop the PS2 from going on to sell at a 15:1 ratio over the Dreamcast. Can you explain that?

Tretton: Well.. um...er...

Me: And the Dreamcast even had the biggest 24-hours in entertainment history at the time. But once the PS2 was announced, Dreamcast sales started to slow down. Once the PS2 was actually released, Dreamcast sales plummeted and PS2 was on it's way to world domination. Care to explain that?

Tretton: Well you see... the PS2 was the better value. It was more money, but you got the newest disc format called DVD and the PS2 had more memory and was more powerful overall then the Dreamcast. People were willing to wait longer and pay more to get the better console. Plus.... Sony has a very large and loyal PlayStation fanbase thanks to our PS1 console. It was only natural they would move on in great numbers over to the PS2.

Me: Well the PS3 had the newest disc format called Blu-Ray and was more powerful overall then the Xbox 360... and yet sales of the 360 didn't slow down nor plummeted once the PS3 launched. How do you explain that?

Tretton: ummmmmm..... well... you see....

Me: And do you care to explain why that very large and loyal PlayStation fanbase you talk about didn't naturally move on in great numbers over to the PS3?

Tretton: Well as I explained before....... the Xbox 360 launched much earlier then the PS3 and at a much lower price.

Me: Yes..... but the Dreamcast did also and yet it still lost out big time to the PS2.

Tretton: ummmm.... I see your point... but you have to understand...

Me: Well what I do understand is that Sony blew a 5:1 sales ratio lead last gen over Xbox.....only to be at a 1:1 sales ratio in the last year of the current gen. If that fanbase was so loyal.... why did they leave in droves? You don't lose a big lead like that unless alot of your fanbase is going elsewhere.....right?

Tretton: ummm... well with mobile gaming and smartphones, you expect to lose a few here and there to other platforms.

Me: Yes... but both Nintendo and Microsoft were in the same environment and yet their console bases increased significantly instead of dropping significantly...... how do you explain that?

Tretton: errr.......hmmmmmm...

Me: Explain why the Xbox and Xbox 360 platforms had higher average software attach rates in both gens then either of Sony's consoles?

Tretton: Are you gonna ask me any easy questions?

Me: Nope. Thank you for taking out your very valuable time to speak with me!

Tretton: Ummm...you're welcome....I guess?.....Ahhhh.... What just happened?

Me: Have a nice day Mr. Tretton!
Link or are you full of $#@!ing $#@!?