Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April

Industry expects Microsoft's response to PS4 in April

One-off event pencilled in for April, according to publishing and development sources

A growing number of developers and other industry professionals, some of which are Sony employees, have told CVG that Microsoft will reveal its next generation Xbox for the first time in April.
    [PS4: All the news | All the facts | Every video of all the games | Official pictures | PS4 Specs]

One senior Sony official, who asked not to be named, said he was informed that the PS4 showcase in New York had "at first caught Microsoft off-guard"."We definitely ruffled some feathers," the person said.

It is said that Microsoft will now showcase its console at a one-off media event in early April - though it is expected that discussion about future tech would be an inevitability if Microsoft engineers and developers attend GDC in March.

Microsoft has declined to comment on its next-gen plans ever since rumours began two years ago.
    Sony revealed the PlayStation 4 at a New York press conference on Wednesday.

The PS4 release date is set for "holiday 2013", likely across Japan, Europe and the US.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-ps4-in-april/

could it be an APRIL win or APRIL FOOLS

Superior Member
    It'll be a win. They're going to show a very good machine that lots of people are going to be excited about.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Forum Elder
    if it's to be a Nextbox reveal. i hope it can play cd's.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I hope MS 1st party can make a new i.p that will stick around. Coming from the 360, I'm not confident at all in that area.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I hope MS 1st party can make a new i.p that will stick around. Coming from the 360, I'm not confident at all in that area.
    I'm not either.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    They will have to show a BUNCH of exclusives to even get my attention. I hope they succeed as I want to own both consoles but lately MS has been terrible with game releases

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Forum Elder
    not looking forward to the "not interested/hype gone/not buying" if Kinect is flashed on screen for more than a millisecond. (from people that wouldn't buy anyway of course)" post's.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    not looking forward to the "not interested/hype gone/not buying" if Kinect is flashed on screen for more than a millisecond. (from people that wouldn't buy anyway of course)" post's.
    Lol flashed on screen? Buddy, it will be the focus of the entire announcement/presentation! Deal with it.

All I need to see is killer instincts (and a free online play service) and I may consider getting one early, as it stands now, if Sony released the ps4 with everything they showed on the 20th, it'll be the sole console I'll own (I doubt they will, there track record says otherwise)! They will show more first party developed games than Sony showed but hopefully they don't blow there wad on stage and not leave anything to surprise at it E3 (Sony is still holding on to the big dogs for the big show).

But if you think kinect will not be the main focus of the presentation, you got something else coming

Sent from my Note II
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 02-22-2013 at 21:14.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    you will have to stay offline then

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    They will have to show a BUNCH of exclusives to even get my attention. I hope they succeed as I want to own both consoles but lately MS has been terrible with game releases
    Same here. I want a lot of big budget exclusives that have potential so that they can get sequels.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Same here. I want a lot of big budget exclusives that have potential so that they can get sequels.
    Yep exactly. Not these low budget XBLA games and Kinect titles.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Oh well...i guess we will see more Kinect games and them talking about seven year old hardware and IP tiltles at GDC.
    Not a wise move by MS waiting till April while Sony will be talking new next gen hardware aswel as old.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Oh well...i guess we will see more Kinect games and them talking about seven year old hardware and IP tiltles at GDC.
    Not a wise move by MS waiting till April while Sony will be talking new next gen hardware aswel as old.
    There's a reason for everything. Maybe Sony's showing will inspire them to make positive changes that otherwise wouldn't have happened if Sony didn't "rush announce" the ps4. Competition is good and I hope ms actually shows up (I know they will)... And best believe ea will be there too! Can't wait to see fight night

Sent from my Note II

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    There's a reason for everything. Maybe Sony's showing will inspire them to make positive changes that otherwise wouldn't have happened if Sony didn't "rush announce" the ps4. Competition is good and I hope ms actually shows up (I know they will)... And best believe ea will be there too! Can't wait to see fight night

Sent from my Note II
    They put on an awesome show the problem is they may outdo Sony and will show to much. It could be a e3 like event thats why the GDC was perfect to show the new console.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    They only need one JRPG exclusive to outdo Sony for me, better hardware or not.

Or hopefully the next Bethesda game although that will be multiplat.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post

When they let mistwalker go they pretty much said fu to the jrpg. They didnt sell well but maybe they will bring them back.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru

A next gen Monster Hunter from Capcom could fill that slot.
    Sega may show ab excluve Jrpg they have been very quiet on next gen hardware.
    Last edited by The Sith; 02-22-2013 at 22:43.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    They only need one JRPG exclusive to outdo Sony for me, better hardware or not. Or hopefully the next Bethesda game although that will be multiplat.
    I hate JRPGs. And the next Bethesda game will definitely be multiplat.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    When they let mistwalker go they pretty much said fu to the jrpg. They didnt sell well but maybe they will bring them back.
    Because the games sold like shit.

A next gen Monster Hunter from Capcom could fill that slot.
    Sega may show ab excluve Jrpg they have been very quiet on next gen hardware.
    I'm not really into MH so that does nothing for me. Sega seems closer to Sony than either MS or Nintendo with Yakuza staying exclusive to PS even next gen. I'm not sure which dev would go exclusively with MS, pretty sure GUST was also on Sonys dev list who only make PS exclusives too (since they're too small for multiple projects/ports).

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I hate JRPGs. And the next Bethesda game will definitely be multiplat.
    Yep, Bethesda was on Sony's list of supporting devs, so it'll be multiplat, but I'm expecting them to announce the next Fallout along with the NextBox with the usual exclusive expansions.

JRPGs as of late have gone down the crapper, I was actually debating whether or not to replay FF5 or FF6 while Square Enix was on stage, couldn't care less what they have at E3.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Because the games sold like shit.
    Because the core xbox player is not into JRPG. Lost Odyessey was phenomenal game. You also said JRPGs have gone down the crapper?? Have you not played the Tales game? Ni no Kuni? White Knight Chronicles? Star Ocean(crappy story great game play)? Eternal Sonata? Next gen will be even more packed with JRPG because they tried to "westernize" their games because people wanted it(not the loyal JRPG just the new breed of console people) and they failed so they staying tried and true.

The only way you will see a JRPG on Xbox is if they multi plat, or xbox decideds they want a bigger chunk of the Japan market, which is not likely. Xbox knows what it is good at selling and is sticking to it.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I don't think they should wait until April. GDC wouldn't be a bad idea to do a reveal to try to take all the focus from Sony and Nintendo. That way there is a decent point to build hype leading up to e3. April is just too soon to e3 especially if they reveal most of their info. Then two months later it will feel like a rehash than an announcement.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. Not these low budget XBLA games and Kinect titles.
    THIS x100000000000000

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Because the core xbox player is not into JRPG. Lost Odyessey was phenomenal game. You also said JRPGs have gone down the crapper?? Have you not played the Tales game? Ni no Kuni? White Knight Chronicles? Star Ocean(crappy story great game play)? Eternal Sonata? Next gen will be even more packed with JRPG because they tried to "westernize" their games because people wanted it(not the loyal JRPG just the new breed of console people) and they failed so they staying tried and true.

The only way you will see a JRPG on Xbox is if they multi plat, or xbox decideds they want a bigger chunk of the Japan market, which is not likely. Xbox knows what it is good at selling and is sticking to it.
    It's... a lot easier to read your text without the entire thing being highlighted... just saying. I'm guessing this is some kind of effect bought from the store? o_0
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Supreme Veteran

I see it might be before or after APRIL, around E3 if after APRIL and before APRIL. Mid MARCH would be an ideal reveal for the next gen xbox

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It's... a lot easier to read your text without the entire thing being highlighted... just saying. I'm guessing this is some kind of effect bought from the store? o_0
    Yeah ill be changing it when i get home. It is great because it annoys the people i want to annoy, but now it is annoying those i dont wanna annoy lol

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Yeah ill be changing it when i get home. It is great because it annoys the people i want to annoy, but now it is annoying those i dont wanna annoy lol
    If you like it, keep using it. It's just kinda harder to read.
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Thread Information