Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
Results 51 to 65 of 65
  1. #51
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,969
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    109,205 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post


    I have a feeling MS will bring it!!!!
    Ballmer is obese. That isn't very accurate or lawlsy enough.
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-23-2013 at 22:22.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  2. #52
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post


    I have a feeling MS will bring it!!!!
    lol...Ballmer laying the smack down.

  3. #53
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post


    I have a feeling MS will bring it!!!!
    Kaz is not impressed.
    Last edited by Black; 02-23-2013 at 22:26.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  4. #54
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,182
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    7,141 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Why is Steve Balmer beating up that guy with the Kaz mask?
    Is this better LMAO!!

    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  5. #55
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by x2 View Post
    is this better lmao!!

    lmao

  6. #56
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh. We'll see if they have anything interesting to show.
    Last edited by Black; 02-23-2013 at 23:31.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  7. #57
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,182
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    7,141 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Meh. We'll see if they have anything interesting to show.
    Yeah Im using the same approach as you, wait and see. Just having a lil fun that's all. But I do look at fact, what their doing with AMD and the people they brought over from IBM, they should have something real special to show.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  8. #58
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,969
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    109,205 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Is this better LMAO!!

    Yes, that's about 8,000 times better, lmao!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  9. #59
    Elite Member
    Green Michine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    86
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    2,940 (0 Banked)
    Do you have to use your real name online for an online ID?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #60
    Forum Sage
    Galvanise_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,084
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    185 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Michine View Post
    Do you have to use your real name online for an online ID?
    We don't know yet. We know you don't for PS4's PSN though.



  11. #61
    Elite Member
    Green Michine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    86
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    2,940 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    We don't know yet. We know you don't for PS4's PSN though.
    Thanks Galvanise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #62
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,985
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,754 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Lets put it this way. If sony launches early it sure as hell won't be long before MS follows. As to whether their brand is strong enough, I think that question has already been answered by Sony themselves. They wouldn't be doing what they are now if it wasn't.
    Sony brand is still bigger. Giving them the headstart, especially over the holidays in the states IS huge no matter how you look at it. The 720 would sell but it wouldn't close the gap. It would only grow larger unlike the ps3 closing the gap with the 360.

    Take at look at the sales data. MS held many advantages, including the most important one of all, price. The ps4 and 720 are launching in the same month most likely. Look at the 360's first 6 years and look at the ps3 first 6 years. I would add the other fy but sony ****ed that off with combining figures. Keep in mind the price advantage. Sony sold 63.9m ps3's in its first 6 years. MS sold 55.3m 360's in its first 6 years. I'm not cherry picking data. I'm just showing how I came to my conclusion of what would happen if the 720 launched late, while losing many of its advantages.





  13. #63
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,752
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,423 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Ballmer is obese. That isn't very accurate or lawlsy enough.
    Definitley not accurate since MS hasnt even showed us anything. lol

  14. #64
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,969
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    109,205 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Definitley not accurate since MS hasnt even showed us anything. lol
    Now it's doubly inaccurate. :]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  15. #65
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony brand is still bigger. Giving them the headstart, especially over the holidays in the states IS huge no matter how you look at it. The 720 would sell but it wouldn't close the gap. It would only grow larger unlike the ps3 closing the gap with the 360.

    Take at look at the sales data. MS held many advantages, including the most important one of all, price. The ps4 and 720 are launching in the same month most likely. Look at the 360's first 6 years and look at the ps3 first 6 years. I would add the other fy but sony ****ed that off with combining figures. Keep in mind the price advantage. Sony sold 63.9m ps3's in its first 6 years. MS sold 55.3m 360's in its first 6 years. I'm not cherry picking data. I'm just showing how I came to my conclusion of what would happen if the 720 launched late, while losing many of its advantages.

    I'm not gonna play the numbers game about sales, but I know sony is getting the jump on MS for a reason. They are trying to recover some of the ground they lost in the U.S., which is a smart move IMO, but it really doesn't guarantee anything. It does show that they are concerned with MS sudden success in the US market. Their revealing was good and it did it's job, which was to create the hype for the console but at the same time there are still some unanswered questions. At least for me there are.

    You are right when you say sony is the bigger brand but that alone isn't enough as we have learned this gen. I won't say who is gonna launch first or who will outsell the other, but the fact is MS has built a strong brand and no matter what sony does they will have a fight on their hands. Sony did what they needed to do to gain some momentum but if MS comes out strong with games, services, and value then it really won't matter what sony or anyone else does. I predict that both will have another successful generation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.