Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Post A PlayStation App to complement the upcoming PlayStation 4

There’s no denying how big the PlayStation 4 announcement is, considering how phenomenal the PlayStation series has been in defining gaming standards and trends, not just in the game console arena, but in the gaming industry in general.So while gamers are set in waiting for the official release of the actual console by the end of 2013, an announcement from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc (featured in Apple Insider) notes that a “PlayStation App” for iOS and Android mobile operating systems is also expected to roll out, designed to seamlessly integrate with the next generation console.

Reported to be developed by SCE, the “PlayStation App” is described to be an extension app for the new PlayStation 4, essentially allowing mobile handheld devices like the iPhone and iPad as a “secondary screen” for the device.
    Though detailed information about the app has yet to be announced, questions related to just how immersed the app and the PlayStation 4 would be have been raised, considering that Sony is also pushing for PlayStation 4 integration with another Sony-branded product, the PS Vita.

With Gaikai integration highlighted to be part of the new PlayStation 4’s featured highlights, it is interesting to note that the new console essentially works on the bare bone concept behind the digital distribution of apps, a setup which is evidently inspired from how online app venues like Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store operate on.
    With its reported PlayStation App for iOS and Android, one can’t help but wonder just who is influencing the world of gaming these days, the gaming industry or is it the mobile industry?
    http://www.smashiphone.net/a-playsta...-on-the-works/

This will be like the windows app on the windows smartphone, were you can game on the move
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    We'll see what kind of functionality this app will have. And most importantly how intuitive it will be.

Take the 360 Smartglass app for example, I love it and use it every time I game, to send messages to people I game with. I read messages on the 360, I reply with my phone.
    Rest of the features? I couldn't care less if they removed them and made it just a better xbox messenger.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    sounds like a similar setup for the PS4 App then
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Cool to see this will be available on the Apple Store, since I figured Sony would only have it for Androids and the Vita. But if they want this to take off, this is the right choice.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It should have a connection to the PS4 when you come home from work. So you can move data from phone to console and vice versa

Thread Information