Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony seeking widespread studio support for PS4 Vita Remote Play

Sony seeking widespread studio support for PS4 Vita Remote Play

PS Vita and PlayStation Eye combo could theoretically mimic Wii U GamePad tech

By Rob Crossley for CVG UK

PlayStation wants all first and third-party studio partners to consider PS VitaRemote Play as a standard feature for future PS4 games, a company executive has said.
    [PS4: All the news | All the facts | Every video of all the games | Official pictures | PS4 Specs]

In an interview with Engadget, PlayStation Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida said he wants developers to take a look at Remote Play functionality before submitting PS4 code for certification, and went on to promote the extra features that Remote Play can give developers."Some PS Vita games make use of the edge of the screen to add contextual buttons, that works really well, I think, and it's easy to see. So that kind of thing I'd like to see developers do on PS Vita over Remote Play."

The new Remote Play feature streams PS4 games to the PS Vita handheld with the help of patented network technologies that essentially turn the PS4 into a server.
    In a style that mimics the Wii U, the Remote Play allows Vita owners to play their PS4 games anywhere around the home. But unlike with Nintendo's dual-pad tech, the Remote Play function is not mandatory for studios.

All PS4s will likely ship with the PlayStation 4 Eye - a Kinect-like device that can theoretically allow the PS Vita to behave in a similar manner to the Wii U GamePad.
    Sony has already set a "holiday 2013" release for the PS4.

The PS4 release date is set for "holiday 2013", likely across Japan, Europe and the US.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...a-remote-play/

So a Wii U style set up with the VITA
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I still have no plans to buy a Vita.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    maybe then ill have a reason to start using mine...after looking at my note 2 and then staring at the vita screen it just doesnt look right (small??)

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Thread title needs amendment

But yeah, this is great news. I can see some them in a few years selling a PS4/Vita bundle at a competitive price. Like the article said, they are ensuring all games have a control scheme that works with the Vita

The PS4 does all the hardwork and streams to the Vita with low latency over a direct WiFi connection. 1 up on the WiiU in that you can access the PS4 and it's games using the Vita even if youre not at home. But that with will suffer from latency so racing/shooter games won't be playable.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Ultimate Veteran
    i hope they do it it would be awesome.

Thread Information