Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin

What will Fighting Games look like? Handdrawn/2d? And what about cel-shading?

Now that we've seen how amazing games will be visually on PS4, imagine what fighting games look like? While Killzone Down Fall might look close to average CGI, I think fighting games might look close to high quality CGI.

Also, Just imagine how insanely good handdrawn/2d sprites will look on PS4. And with so much ram, they can probably make really fluid animations. And cel shading might actually look exactly like the actual anime, but in 3d ofc.

What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 02-22-2013 at 19:46.

Forum Guru
    THANK you, I was about to make this same thread if someone hadn't.

I've been thinking of this for some time, and wondering why this has been so rare on PS3. The processor power was certainly there to do amazing animations, especially cel shading techniques. I understand why a game like Knack is done in 3DCG, to show off how easily PS4 can throw around tens of thousands of well shaded reflective objects on screen at once, with dazzling particle and flame effects. But this is a system which should be up to rendering high definition animated an anime worlds in real time with ease.

I guess we need to pester developers on this, because while CG is cool and all, and turning Killzone anime would just be strange, I'm so tired of it, I haven't seen a CG movie release in years.
    Now writing: two Ratchet & Clank novels, a Sly 4 novel, and two rock albums
    PSN ID: Tetsumura/Tetsumaru019
    Pray for this planet! And I don't mean the environment

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Well, I'm sure the cel-shaded games that will release for PS4 will look WAAY better than any cel-shaded games on PS3. Just look at the jump in detail from PS3 to PS4 that we saw in Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous:second son.

Thread Information