Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Microsoft registers "xbox event"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...ite-registered

Are you jumping in or out?
    A new domain suggests that Microsoft could be preparing an event to announce its next console. According to WHOIS data, XboxEvent.com was registered yesterday by U.S. Techs, a company recently rebranded as Eventcore that provides “advanced, customized solutions in the event management industry.”

As sleuths on the NeoGAF forums point out, U.S. Techs also registered XboxE312.com (the event site used to sign up for Microsoft’s press briefing at E3 last year) as well as Microsoft’s 2013 Hosting Summit site, which includes the text “this site is hosted for Microsoft by U.S. Techs” at the bottom.

For now, we can’t be sure what exactly XboxEvent.com is or what it might be used for, but hot on the heels of Sony’s dedicated conference to reveal the PlayStation 4 this week, this could be an indicator that Microsoft is getting ready to hold its own event to announce the new Xbox soon. According to reports from CVG and The Verge, industry sources suggest that April is currently the most likely time frame.

A Microsoft spokesperson provided IGN with the following statement:

“Microsoft often acquires various domain names as part of its ongoing business strategy, but beyond that we have no comment.”

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS has lost my trust as a core gamer so I'm "jumping out."

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I was never in to begin with. Still curious about what they're gonna show though.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    MS has lost my trust as a core gamer so I'm "jumping out."
    Sure, make you decision before you hear any detail at all.

Really showing your levelheadedness here.

5. Likes John25 likes this post
    Apprentice
    Even though I'm going to PS4 first, I want to see what MS will offer with the new xbox.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    They def have something big to follow. Lets see what they focus on be it core games, new games, or more kinect focus.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    They'll probably do the same thing Sony did and not show the console until E3.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Nah they'll show console, I believe they are far ahead of Sony...Maybe a mock up but they'll show something, after major Nelson's twitter comments, it'll be ironic if they follow Sony's footsteps.

I expect to see a lot of first party games both hardcore (even core game will have kinect integration) and kinect oriented 40/60 but I'm more hyped to see where they'll take live and how they'll improve it (x fingers that online play will be free!)

Sent from my Note II

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Nah they'll show console, I believe they are far ahead of Sony...Maybe a mock up but they'll show something, after major Nelson's twitter comments, it'll be ironic if they follow Sony's footsteps.

I expect to see a lot of first party games both hardcore (even core game will have kinect integration) and kinect oriented 40/60 but I'm more hyped to see where they'll take live and how they'll improve it (x
    fingers that online play will be free!)
    Sent from my Note II
    True....MS are further ahead of Sony they fad the Durango SdkS out over a year before Orbis.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    They'll probably do the same thing Sony did and not show the console until E3.
    Most likely.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Sure, make you decision before you hear any detail at all.

Really showing your levelheadedness here.
    I'm sure his decision is well informed... MS did drop the ball on the core with 360 and if rumours are true, they are not deviating from that plan.

I will wait myself to see what they have to show but if they "kinect" Alan wake or Forza with already messing up Fable, i'll be "jumping out" too.

Anyway, bring on the cirque du soleil presentation!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

13. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I'm sure his decision is well informed... MS did drop the ball on the core with 360 and if rumours are true, they are not deviating from that plan.

I will wait myself to see what they have to show but if they "kinect" Alan wake or Forza with already messing up Fable, i'll be "jumping out" too.

True, MS did drop the ball on its core gamers by closing IP sudios when Steve Ballmer becane the top guy.
    This is why i think they need new leadership going into next gen i dont trust Ballmer.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    True, MS did drop the ball on its core gamers by closing IP sudios when Steve Ballmer becane the top guy.
    This is why i think they need new leadership going into next gen i dont trust Ballmer.
    Agrees... Too much jumping around got to his head.

Next Gen top picks:

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    It will be interesting to see what MS comes up with whenever their event takes place.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Guys they've opened up a lot of studios over the past two years. What they are upto remains to be seen so let's wait at least

Anyway I'm expecting a bunch of money-hatted 3rd party exclusives from them (yay? ) and a wow factor regarding Kinect
    I do epxect them to show the console in all of it's glory after that major nelson tweet.
    I wonder what improvements they've made to the controller - only the dpad was $#@!ty, and the face buttons could do with some work

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

Guess what, MS delivered on the exclusives with the original xbox. Look where that approach got them. With the 360 they needed to try something different, it seems they found success with this new strategy.

Now that they are firmly established in the world of consoles and are making money, they can focus on exclusive games again.

Elite Sage
    Show more of IllumiRoom. I wanna see where they go with that tech. I hope we get a peak at Just cause 3. I'm looking forward to that game
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-23-2013 at 00:35.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Even though i didnt like their first two consoles i will watch the event and see what they have to offer this time.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Guess what, MS delivered on the exclusives with the original xbox. Look where that approach got them. With the 360 they needed to try something different, it seems they found success with this new strategy.

Now that they are firmly established in the world of consoles and are making money, they can focus on exclusive games again.
    They can for sure... Will they?

Next Gen top picks:

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sure, make you decision before you hear any detail at all. Really showing your levelheadedness here.
    Why do you care so much what my decision is? If my decision has you that worked up then maybe its you that should check your levelheadedness.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    If there is a heavy focus on Kinect 2 I will lose all interest quickly. I'm hoping they don't but I fear that is what will happen though with recent rumors. I hope not because I would like to own both consoles next gen. But if MS's agenda is to get kinect heavily involved in the 720 it's a no go for me. I know some people are psyched about it but I don't understand why. Kinect should be an optional peripheral not mandatory. I've seen it as a casual, play with friends add on since day one. That hasn't changed.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Guess what, MS delivered on the exclusives with the original xbox. Look where that approach got them. With the 360 they needed to try something different, it seems they found success with this new strategy. Now that they are firmly established in the world of consoles and are making money, they can focus on exclusive games again.
    The OG Xbox exclusives did no good because Sony had all the big 3rd party exclusives that everybody wanted like GTA and FF for example.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    If there is a heavy focus on Kinect 2 I will lose all interest quickly. I'm hoping they don't but I fear that is what will happen though with recent rumors. I hope not because I would like to own both consoles next gen. But if MS's agenda is to get kinect heavily involved in the 720 it's a no go for me. I know some people are psyched about it but I don't understand why. Kinect should be an optional peripheral not mandatory. I've seen it as a casual, play with friends add on since day one. That hasn't changed.
    MS will most likely start off strong and then start cutting back and rely heavily on 3rd party to deliver the core experiences around the halfway point of the generation just like they did with the 360. So MS will have to earn back my trust.

Forum Sage
    Why do you care so much what my decision is? If my decision has you that worked up then maybe its you that should check your levelheadedness.
    I don't care about your decision. I do care about you being disingenuous.

Don't pretend to write Microsoft off and act like their decisions have no bearing on the PS4 and gaming as a whole.

The OG Xbox exclusives did no good because Sony had all the big 3rd party exclusives that everybody wanted like GTA and FF for example.
    Either way, they did everything they could to ensure that the original xbox had as much exclusive content as possible. If you want to complain about their strategy with the 360, then you must also blame gamers for not supporting the original xbox when microsoft delivered on the games and gaming experience.

And they did get the gta games a ~ year after the xbox launched.

27. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    lol... I doubt kinect will be mandatory. I wanna see Kinect2 and the improvements they made and whether it's as impressive as the rumors suggest. As far as games goes I wanna see what Rare has been up to and how Ryse is coming along. We may have to wait til E-3 to find out though.

Thread Information