Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Jack Tretton: PS4 titles will be 99 cents to $60

Gamers worried that PlayStation 4 games will see a price hike like last generation can relax. SCEA CEO Jack Tretton told CNBC that that the plan is for PlayStation 4 titles to max out at $60, the same cost ceiling as existing PlayStation 3 games.

"I think people are willing to pay if they see value there and I think there's more choice than ever before for consumers. We're going to welcome free-to-play models; games from 99 cents up to those $60 games," Tretton said. "But if you really see where the heat is for the true gamer on the console it's still that big-form experience that typically runs upwards of $50 million to develop and will justify that $60 price point and will give people hours and hours of gameplay on a daily basis for months and years to come."

Tretton also fielded a question about whether or not the rise of smartphone and tablet games will cut into the PS4 market. The executive described these titles are "additive experiences," noting that in the end, big-budget, blockbuster games are here to stay.

"I think those are additive experiences," Tretton said. "They demystify gaming; they bring people in with a bite-sized gaming experience. But ultimately, I think people migrate up the food chain. Conversely, if you're somebody who considers themselves a true gamer and wants to play the most powerful devices and the most deep and rich gaming experiences, you're not going to find yourself migrating down the food chain other than to maybe kill some time or to complement that core gaming experience."
    via GameSpot.
    Last edited by Black; 02-23-2013 at 07:21.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

PSN ID
    Iquadoctor

PS4 Pricing

OK, so I watched the entire meeting and was very happy about what I saw, looks great! But then i'm wondering about what kind of price tag this thing is going to have. I been reading about it only costing around the same as the PSV or so(like $400 or something), so a hundred more than a PSV, and that sounds AESOME! But then I see then I see the watch dogs game play video and it looks worth an investigation, so I go to the site, get interested, and then search it up on Amazon.... it is set for $100 for pre-order and im hoping this is just for the PRE-order not pricing of ALL PS4 games....so, are the prices of the games going to be higher or is it just this scenario?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqudoctor View Post
    OK, so I watched the entire meeting and was very happy about what I saw, looks great! But then i'm wondering about what kind of price tag this thing is going to have. I been reading about it only costing around the same as the PSV or so(like $400 or something), so a hundred more than a PSV, and that sounds AESOME! But then I see then I see the watch dogs game play video and it looks worth an investigation, so I go to the site, get interested, and then search it up on Amazon.... it is set for $100 for pre-order and im hoping this is just for the PRE-order not pricing of ALL PS4 games....so, are the prices of the games going to be higher or is it just this scenario?
    They've been confirmed already to be between 99 cents and 60 dollars. They're not going to be more expensive than this gen.
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    99 cents to $60 is confirmed

Edit:
    Kuso..ninja'd by PB again

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Kuso..ninja'd by PB again
    I do what I do. : snicker
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

6. Likes Lefein wishes they had posted this first.
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I do what I do.
    Lmao..gotcha bro.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    So far the estimates are about $350-$380 for the main board alone which is very expensive but expected because of the increase in RAM size. It's not going to be a money hole like Ps3 was for it's first few years but it will be will still be a bit of a financial strain. Personally I think they will aim for the $450-$500 mark.

It high but it's not extreme.

Master Poster
    Everything is pointing to it being $399.99 or $429.99/$529.99
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Ultimate Veteran
    60 dollars is what games will cost ..console price we dont know yet

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    So far the estimates are about $350-$380 for the main board alone which is very expensive but expected because of the increase in RAM size. It's not going to be a money hole like Ps3 was for it's first few years but it will be will still be a bit of a financial strain. Personally I think they will aim for the $450-$500 mark.

It high but it's not extreme.
    You gave out good price. 400 or 500 is going to cost I would say too.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    You gave out good price. 400 or 500 is going to cost I would say too.
    If it isn't, I'd be VERY surprised.

Elite Guru
    Considering the hardware packed in, plus the new move controller and PsEye 3 $500 is great value, anything less is just a plain steal.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If it isn't, I'd be VERY surprised.
    Me too brother loooooooooool.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    $399 is the sweet spot. If Sony can hit that with the most basic retail SKU (a PS4, a controller, and the included headset), they're in a great position. If a $499 model also comes out that includes a bigger HDD, the new PS Eye and, say, one Move controller -- well, I'd have to ask "how MUCH bigger is the HDD?"

Really, I'd probably go for the 499 in that case. I imagine Sony is really going to treat the Eye with proper care and features this time around, especially with so much social integration. I want to be video chatting with PSN friends, interacting with games in interesting ways, etc.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    $399 is the sweet spot. If Sony can hit that with the most basic retail SKU (a PS4, a controller, and the included headset), they're in a great position. If a $499 model also comes out that includes a bigger HDD, the new PS Eye and, say, one Move controller -- well, I'd have to ask "how MUCH bigger is the HDD?"

Really, I'd probably go for the 499 in that case. I imagine Sony is really going to treat the Eye with proper care and features this time around, especially with so much social integration. I want to be video chatting with PSN friends, interacting with games in interesting ways, etc.
    I believe the new PS Eye has to be included with every console with the way the DS4 controller is currently set up. This is one of the reasons why I believe the hardware in the PS4 does not cost near as much as some seem to believe it does.

The new PS Eye and current designed DS4 is in no way needed for any core functions of the PS4. If the hardware they are going with in the PS4 was overly they would have went with a slightly different designed DS4 without the light bar and no PS Eye with the system.

If MS prices the next Xbox at $399 I believe Sony will also price their base model at $399. The base model would include the PS4, DS4 controller, HDD, PS Eye and all of the usual cables, manuals, etc. If they decide to also go with a premium SKU for $499 I think it would include a larger HDD, PS4 game, 3+ months of PlayStation World and possible one Move controller.

Flaw3d Genius
    I expect the console to come under £300 with a lesser version around £249.99, No way will it come out anywhere near the original PS3 price.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I expect the console to come under £300 with a lesser version around £249.99, No way will it come out anywhere near the original PS3 price.
    Yeah it would be suicide to go down that road again.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Up to £400 is a win for me

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Ultimate Veteran
    Honestly, I think that Sony is going to package the Gaikai and game rental functionality with their premium online service in order to get a pretty fast recoup on the cost of the hardware. If it is $80 a year, then they can come down on their pricing.

Also, depending on their launch strategy, it is entirely feasible that they will not start manufacturing actual units until absolutely necessary so that parts won't have as heavy of a cost association.

So, those are two ways they could find some wiggle room to get the unit down to 3-400 I imagine.

Edit: and yes, games are confirmed to be around $60 just like they were this gen.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

PS4 Games $99.99?

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-Pla...ef=pd_sim_vg_1

WTF?

BTW If this is true, RIP Australia.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    standalone won't be over 59.99

Supreme Veteran

unless special editions, understandable. But for stand alone i see it being unlikely

Apprentice

Nah, Tretton already said games will be $0.99-$59.99

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    That may be a holder price I wouldn't put to much into those prices

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Just a placeholder price. Don't worry about it.

EDIT:Watch Dogs Placeholder Pricing
    Please note that the current price on Watch Dogs for PlayStation 4 is a placeholder price until we receive more information from our first party and third party partners. As with all pre-orders, under Amazon's Pre-order Price Guarantee (POPG), if customers pre-order an item, then they are guaranteed the lowest price between the order date and the item's release date. We will update the price as soon as we know more. Thank you for your patience.

From the bottom of the page.

Thread Information