Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Santarem Portugal
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    1,961 (0 Banked)
    next gen console last gen game crappy graphics wtf

  2. #27
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElieKatz$#@! View Post
    How much is the PS4 btw?
    I don't recall them announcing a price yet but people speculate that $299 might be the price point. Given how expensive the PS3 was at debut, I myself believe it will be higher than $299 for the starter model. Probably more like beginning at $399. All speculation though, in reality I have no idea.

  3. #28
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,313
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    10,896,890 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElieKatz$#@! View Post
    How much is the PS4 btw?
    That's still to be announced. I can only assume it'll be cheaper than the PS3 when it launched.

    As for the article... I think this was all pretty obvious.

    Summary: The PS4 is more powerful than the PS3... so... you'll see more stuff... and things... and stuff.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  4. #29
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I can only assume it'll be cheaper than the PS3 when it launched.
    Sony has a reputation for being expensive, especially when launching anything. I doubt it will be cheaper than the PS3 at it's launch, likely about the same pricing I think.

  5. #30
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,313
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    10,896,890 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    Sony has a reputation for being expensive, especially when launching anything. I doubt it will be cheaper than the PS3 at it's launch, likely about the same pricing I think.
    The PS3 was expensive because it was completely toting new technology. Sony pushed Blu-ray and won the HD format war and worked with IBM to create the CELL tech which never expanded outside of PS3 and supercomputers leaving production costs high. The PS4 is using current x86 based architecture and computer hardware from AMD... a company known for affordability and power efficiency. I would be very surprised if the PS4 launches at the same price PS3 did.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  6. #31
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The PS3 was expensive because it was completely toting new technology. Sony pushed Blu-ray and won the HD format war and worked with IBM to create the CELL tech which never expanded outside of PS3 and supercomputers leaving production costs high. The PS4 is using current x86 based architecture and computer hardware from AMD... a company known for affordability and power efficiency. I would be very surprised if the PS4 launches at the same price PS3 did.
    Intersting! Very interesting, and good point. I hope that what you suspect is true. I plan on buying one even if its expensive, but cheaper would be great of course. More money left over fot my first batch of new games

  7. #32
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,313
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    10,896,890 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    How Watch Dogs Has Been Improved For PS4

    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    Intersting! Very interesting, and good point. I hope that what you suspect is true. I plan on buying one even if its expensive, but cheaper would be great of course. More money left over fot my first batch of new games
    More money for games is always a plus. :] We'll see.
    "Courage is the key to life.

  8. #33
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Where are the newbies that were doubting the PS4 now? In this case, it's clearly the better version than the PC (slightly surprised because I was not expecting that right away). I wonder why? Could it be market penetration?

    See, they could easily make these features for the PC but at what benefit? The top tier is in the minority, they don't bring in that much money. On the PS4, everyone gets the same experience, thus the returns are much larger.

    BOOM. HEADSHOT.

  9. #34
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    20,463 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Where are the newbies that were doubting the PS4 now? In this case, it's clearly the better version than the PC (slightly surprised because I was not expecting that right away). I wonder why? Could it be market penetration?
    Oh lord. The ignorance hurts my head.


    You are aware that the PC is the primary development platform and the PS4 version is just a port of the PC version, right? The improvements they are talking about are in comparison to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. You know that, right?

    Oh, you don't?


    Speaking with Dutch site Inside Gamer, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot revealed that Watch Dogs is using PC as its lead platform, and will then be ported to subsequent formats.

    The reason – he said – was that the AMD-based PS4 architecture makes it easier to port games across from PC than previous generations.

    Said Guillemot, “We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure. Previously, we developed games first on the Xbox 360 and then translated them onto the PS3. It took a lot of time and money to port.”

    But now PS4 is easy to port for, he says.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/watc...lead-platform/

    The PS4 version is just a port of the PC version. Nothing custom about it.


    Boom. HEADSHOT!

    Last edited by Completely Average; 03-15-2013 at 18:15.

  10. #35
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,447 (0 Banked)
    Lol..

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #36
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Oh lord. The ignorance hurts my head.


    You are aware that the PC is the primary development platform and the PS4 version is just a port of the PC version, right? The improvements they are talking about are in comparison to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. You know that, right?

    Oh, you don't?




    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/watc...lead-platform/

    The PS4 version is just a port of the PC version. Nothing custom about it.


    Boom. HEADSHOT!

    Hold onto your horses, did you read this?

    "Fundamentally the core, innovative part of Watch Dogs is the same on every platform. But on PS4 we're able to push every lever a lot further." I'm assuming they meant to say ever "level".

    Oh yea, btw, BOOM HEADSHOT BACK TO YOU after respawning.

    Touchdown! I'll be here all week folks.

  12. #37
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,447 (0 Banked)
    Lol again, funny thread.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #38
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Free drinks for everyone!

  14. #39
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    20,463 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hold onto your horses, did you read this?

    "Fundamentally the core, innovative part of Watch Dogs is the same on every platform. But on PS4 we're able to push every lever a lot further." I'm assuming they meant to say ever "level".

    Oh yea, btw, BOOM HEADSHOT BACK TO YOU after respawning.

    Touchdown! I'll be here all week folks.

    Yeah, that part is written a few lines below this.


    "I guess the image I would give [compared to PS3] is that it's like a magnifying lens," he told Digital Spy.
    And it's a few lines before this statement.

    We did fine with the PS3 at Ubisoft Montreal, but we spent more time getting through the hurdles, if you want. We spent more time getting through the first hurdles because we could get our games to look good on the platform," he said.

    "Now, very, very quickly we got Watch Dogs on [PS4], and it looks good, and we're happy with the performance and that's a good sign, and we're able to push the immersion level and interactivity of our game instead of trying to get things to work."
    It's called Context. EVERYTHING he is saying is comparing the PS3 version to the PS4 version since both are ports. He is NOT comparing it to the PC version, no matter how desperate you are to think so.



    And you are aware that the PS4 presentation was actually running on a PC and not a PS4, right?




    Look, I know you are absolutely desperate to believe that the PS4 is some uber gaming machine that the PC can't match, but fact is this is a PC game that's being ported to the PS4, and there is NOTHING special about the PS4 version. It's actually a reduced quality port, limited to 1080p, 30 FPS, and if you're really lucky it might include AA.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 03-15-2013 at 23:10.

  15. #40
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,251
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    129,915 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Yeah, that part is written a few lines below this.

    And it's a few lines before this statement.

    It's called Context. EVERYTHING he is saying is comparing the PS3 version to the PS4 version since both are ports. He is NOT comparing it to the PC version, no matter how desperate you are to think so.
    Yea I get what you're saying but if you read carefully, he says it in two places. One I already mentioned and another one here:

    "While the upcoming open-world title will be the same across all versions, senior producer Dominic Guay said the PS4 pushes all aspects of the game further."

    What would all versions mean? Actually he never said "compared to PS3" in actuality, that's what the interviewer/editor interpreted that as. That's not to say that I'm completely discounting it. I did read that part before my first post here.

    The other one, he says "all platforms". Couldn't he have easily said "all consoles". He said "all platforms" and "all versions" on two accounts...you'd think he would be more careful with his wordings. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I'm saying what I read. Those things shouldn't have context applied to them because they are contexts themselves.

    However, seeing as the Watch Dogs devs might not have English as their mother tongue, leads me to believe they may have just said that incorrectly.

    And you are aware that the PS4 presentation was actually running on a PC and not a PS4, right?

    ummm yea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    No, it's not a temporary system...it's literally a PC that has similar specs as the PS4 would have. I'm thinking when you say temporary system...that it is an unfinished PS4.

    If not, disregard this post.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ithout-the-PS4

    Are you being $#@!y with me about understanding PCs vs Consoles as I'm pretty sure so far you've been schooled by me.

    Are you aware that it's possible that the build they showed in the conference was old?

    Look, I know you are absolutely desperate to believe that the PS4 is some uber gaming machine that the PC can't match, but fact is this is a PC game that's being ported to the PS4, and there is NOTHING special about the PS4 version. It's actually a reduced quality port, limited to 1080p, 30 FPS, and if you're really lucky it might include AA.
    Dude lol, I don't know why you'd think I was desperate. Did you not read the part where I said, "slightly surprised because I was not expecting that right away". Not to mention, nowhere in my post did I mention that PS4 is this uber machine, in fact, I explained that it's not because it's better or uber, it's due to market penetration.

    Now going back to you, you come off as a little bit insensitive when it comes to the superiority of PC platform. Everytime someone mentions PC, you come in thumping your chest like a warrior, glorifying its existence while making sure that we realize how pathetic and old these consoles are in their vaporware state.

    Calling me desperate lol. If I gave a crap, I would get a PC. I'm just happy they're throwing this much RAM at it.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-16-2013 at 00:25.

  16. #41
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    More money for games is always a plus. :] We'll see.
    As an aside, I gotta ask...what is a peanut butter monkey? Am I gonna regret asking?

  17. #42
    ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,313
    Rep Power
    781
    Points
    10,896,890 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    As an aside, I gotta ask...what is a peanut butter monkey? Am I gonna regret asking?
    I don't really know, I was drunk when I came up with the name. Probably a monkey that likes peanut butter, I guess. Or a monkey MADE of peanut butter. o_0 Or some third reason that cannot be discussed. @_@

    I don't know. lol
    "Courage is the key to life.

  18. #43
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbuttermunky View Post
    o_0 or some third reason that cannot be discussed. @_@
    *gasp* lol!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.