Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony: PS4 Will Launch This Holiday Season, But Not Necessarily Everywhere

Sony has commented on the PlayStation 4's European release date, but the company's answer has not made matters any clearer for consumers on the continent.

Speaking to MCV, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe president Jim Ryan responded to rumors that the PS4 will be delayed until 2014 in Europe.

"We're not saying if 'Holiday 2013' includes Europe at this stage," Ryan said. "We are only saying we will launch the system before the end of 2013, we're not saying in which parts of the world. But don't infer anything good or bad from that. You can take that anyway you want, but you shouldn't."

Ryan's answer is not likely to reassure European fans who had already heard rumors of a late launch, but it gives SCEE some leeway since the European release plans are likely not finalized yet.
    Source

Bad news for my European brethren.

Ultimate Veteran
    If they announce a $300 price, then I'm guessing it may launch in Japan first.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Veteran
    I was hoping/thinking November here in the States.

The sooner, the better.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    I was hoping/thinking November here in the States.

The sooner, the better.
    Same here bro thats what im thinking the holidays are going to be another expensive gaming time for me like last year LOL I spent around 700 -800 bucks lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    I already told my wife I want one for xmas. I hope they target the states for christmas release. They need to get it out before xbox.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dont get why everyone keeps treating europe like the poor relation,its like a big fu to european consumers whenever it happens.Will not be pleased if it doesnt land worldwide simultaneously I mean its been 7 years is that not long enough to wait?

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    dont get why everyone keeps treating europe like the poor relation,its like a big fu to european consumers whenever it happens.Will not be pleased if it doesnt land worldwide simultaneously I mean its been 7 years is that not long enough to wait?

That's because Europe is a real pain in the ass.

North America is easy. You can easily release in the US and Canada. You need only support one language, and laws, currency, and taxes are very similar.

With Europe you've got a dozen languages, dozens of different laws on what is allowed, dozens of different censorship levels, dozens of different currencies, and different taxes. It's just a LOT harder to do. And, when you do put in all of the expense and effort to release in Europe, you find it's still a smaller market than the US/Canada. So it's a LOT more effort with less return.

I don't think I have to explain why a Japanese company would release in Japan first.

8. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Remember, the PlayStation 3 was released in November for USA. The EU released was around March.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    I would love to see it released in the UK this year but I'm not holding my breath.

PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    North America is easy. You can easily release in the US and Canada. You need only support one language, and laws, currency, and taxes are very similar.

With Europe you've got a dozen languages, dozens of different laws on what is allowed, dozens of different censorship levels, dozens of different currencies, and different taxes. It's just a LOT harder to do. And, when you do put in all of the expense and effort to release in Europe, you find it's still a smaller market than the US/Canada. So it's a LOT more effort with less return.
    Good point, never though of it like that.

I'm not too bothered when it's released over here, there's still a ton of PS3 games I haven't got round to playing yet, and it gives me more time to save up for it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Fuuuuuuu

I want it launch!! I'd import, but I prefer to have a local warranty. Hopefully they can make it worldwide

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    So..Excited :P

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    It's the governments there and their adherence to PAL broadcast standards. Kinda a drawback of being tethered to governments that have jurisdiction over territories the size of some states while the rest of the world has standardized electronics. I can guarantee you that Sony wish that were not the case since they have to engineer a separate SKU for you guys in essence.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Master Guru
    The PS4 is going to be amazing. No matter when it launches and no matter where. Book it.

PSU YouTube Manager
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog

I don't think I have to explain why a Japanese company would release in Japan first.
    thats not really that true. There basically only 3 currencies used in Europe.Language does maybe have some effect but Sony have been doing this for over 20 years and should have that planed out.
    There is virtually no censorship in Europe besides, Germany, all the "age restriction" in EU are unified. Taxes have nothing to do with it, because Sony doesnt set up the tax on items that is done on a retail level.

The biggest problem is Sony really. SCEE is amazingly incompetent, and their process here is just bad.

17. Likes Treefrog, Tutankhamun likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    I'm not surprised tbh. People in EU/Middle East etc. do always get it later. :/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    I don't want our friends in EU to get mad. But for sure they will wait until 2014 as Sony did with the PS3.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I don't want our friends in EU to get mad. But for sure they will wait until 2014 as Sony did with the PS3.
    It's not like we have a choice.

Anyway I expected a march 2014 release. Nothing new here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

21. Likes emmerich likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    for me its good!! i can buy new tv, vita, new sound system(maybe), and collect money for all launch titles im interested for, aslo EU will get 2nd wave of consoles manufactured, that means they will be more stable

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Why is it that stuff always releases later in Europe? That never made much sense to me. I know there has to be a reason but I don't get why. This sucks for our Euro bros.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Why is it that stuff always releases later in Europe? That never made much sense to me. I know there has to be a reason but I don't get why. This sucks for our Euro bros.
    Different laws. Sony must to certificate console and all accessories. I think every country in EU have it own procedures for that, and this take ALLOT of time for them

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I don't care how long it takes to launch provided It's built well enough to last many years.

PS4 has little to no competition.

PSN ID
    Darksec

Utter crap. You do realize they get made more closer to home not all shipped from Japan, the languages n laws etc they know by now and can be more easy to sort than people would believe.
    Not only does this delay p*** off a large player base off but it also puts them at a disadvantage and left behind while others get months and months of practice etc.
    Another point I would make is how come Nintendo and co can manager it? Xbox 360 (see wiki) had only a months gap between releases which would be acceptable to me and Wii U has had a worldwide release, they still have the same rules and languages to contend with so whats up with Sony?
    There are no good excuses for me cos others have shown this can be done. Hell they could ensure all other areas have to wait (though not publicly state that's whats happening) and announce it as a worldwide release in 2014.
    Its easy when your going to benefit to lambast other people for not being happy with Sony but I'm pretty sure if it was the other way round there would be thousands of American winging on the net too.
    Sony continue to make the same mistakes but lets hope that doesn't transcend to the console features they have implemented.

PSN ID
    Darksec
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    Different laws. Sony must to certificate console and all accessories. I think every country in EU have it own procedures for that, and this take ALLOT of time for them
    Again how come others can do it but Sony cant. I wouldn't even mind them having a months gap like the 360 did but when Nintendo can release a console worldwide you have to ask yourself what are Sony doing different that means they cannot?

PLEASE NOTE: I fully intend to get a PS4 and also invest in a Vita too but it is just massively annoying. This being the case tho there are many whom wont get it just for this very reason regardless oh good or bad the console it, this happend when the PS3 was released.
    Last edited by Darksec; 02-24-2013 at 11:12.

Ultimate Veteran
    I understand you may need a month or two to get your European SKU's ready but it shouldn't be longer than that. If the PS4 is released more than two months later in Europe it's only because Sony can't make enough of them. It has very little to do with regulations.
    Other opinions are available.

Thread Information