Latest PSU headlines:

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Next Gen: How will it deal with whats to come

I remember picking up my PS3 on March 23 2007 and preparing for my last run in current gen with GOW2 and TR:A
    Current gen was at its end and its last swan songs would arrive just as I set up my Nextgen console which would play those titles
    Skip to the present and its not the same picture
    The PS4 isn't gonna play PS3's last hit, because there isnt one, theres many and they aren't arriving before PS4 launches
    And even more different is the PS4 isn't gonna be able to play them
    Yes I'm excited for PS4, I have KZ:SF & Watch Dogs already pre~ordered
    But really my anticipation for games belong to the PS3
    I don't even know the release dates but I know
    GTAV, TLOU, GOW:A, Beyond: Two Souls, Castlevania: LOS 2, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros( TPP is it is a different title too) and FFXIII: LR, and SC:BL aswell while we are here are coming both soon and in the future
    PS3 never had this, hell PS2 never had this
    And while I'm happy having both consoles set up I can't help but think the PS4 isnt gonna get the attention it needs or deserves because it older brother still has game
    I surely hope some titles get a nextgen release and are released the same time or announced before the current gen version is released
    But how do you guys feel about this, I know we don't buy a new system to play old games (this ain't about BC as such) its the quality of the titles on offer( GTA? MGS? Beyond?) and the amount being released
    Could this effect your PS4 game time or even delay people purchase of the PS4
    your opinions please

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran
    Just keep your PS3 and play those game until your done with them...then buy your PS4. By then there should be a larger variety of games that may suit you.

These types aren't automatically available at launch.. they weren't when the PS3 first came out either.

Super Elite
    It will actually effect my game buying, and ill be missing out on a couple of good ones.

I will probably pick up tlou and the rest of my money is for the ps4 and its new games.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    Iam still keeping my 2 PS3'S i have about 15 games. and i will have the PS4 on launch day

This will be the foruth ps I have bought on launch day (hopefully!) will be preordered. I was really beginning to get frustrated with the gap from conole to pc gaming.Nice to see the gap closed quite a bit.Also considering picking up a vita as well after seeing the presentation

Dedicated Member

Out with the old and in with the new I say.

I fully plan to dump my current generation consoles when I buy the new ones. I always do. Sell the old console, old games, and old peripherals and then turn around and dump that money back in to the new stuff.

Besides, I grew tired of this generation last year. I've been gaming almost exclusively on my PC because 95% of what I play is multiplatform and the games look and play MUCH better on my PC. It will be nice to have new consoles that can achieve relative parity with the PC rather than being years behind it again.

7. Likes RyanGT likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Out with the old and in with the new I say.

I fully plan to dump my current generation consoles when I buy the new ones. I always do. Sell the old console, old games, and old peripherals and then turn around and dump that money back in to the new stuff.
    This is exactly what I do as well.

Forum Guru
    This is going to be a fun launch year, with a lot of developers still firmly behind that hard to code for PS3.

I'm definitely hot to get my hands on PS4 and its games, but I won't let that stand in the way of getting those titles that will hit me square in my pleasure center. I still have PS2 and a few GameCube games I want to nab too. Heck, I think I may want to scrounge up some Dreamcast titles I forgot about. But PS4 is a day one purchase for me, whether it has a title I want or not, though with Killzone 4 as a launch game, it's safe to say I'm coming home with something to play.
    Now writing: two Ratchet & Clank novels, a Sly 4 novel, and two rock albums
    PSN ID: Tetsumura/Tetsumaru019
    Pray for this planet! And I don't mean the environment

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    obvious solution will be to keep your PS3 running for a few months until no more hits cme on PS3
    for the downloaded games, I think Sony works on something, but as you have already paid for the game you should be able to download an emulated version or play it by Gaikai

Ultimate Veteran
    My receiver has plenty of free HDMI ports.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Ancient
    This more to do with public perception, I can think of a few straight off the bat
    PS4 releases with titles like Killzone, Watchdogs etc
    A guy goes to his local games store and sees the PS4 and has his money at the ready to buy one but whats this!
    pre-order on PS3 now GTAV, Watchdogs, COD25, Beyond, Assassin's Creed 4, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes!
    The guy looks at PS4 then looks at dat PS3 line-up
    Decides to ask a staff member, does the PS4 play PS3 games?
    Staff member says no, guy leaves with no PS4 pre-order but a bunch of pre-orders for those PS3 games
    Thats problem #1
    Problem #2
    And some of you will get this and the sad thing is they are right
    You get your shiny new PS4 and you got ya PS3 hooked up too, you ain't missing out on no games
    But then your girlfriend/wife asks you,
    Girlfriend/wife "why you playing on you old system when you just spent $400 on the new one?"
    You "cuz these are new games honey and they aren't available for the new one"
    Girlfriend/wife "So the new one don't play those games?"
    You "no babe"
    Girlfrien/wife "so why waste money on a new console that doesn't have all those games you want"
    You " because I wanted the new PS4 and Killzone 4 isn't on PS3"
    Girlfriend/wife " so you wasted $400 dollars for one game when you could have waited when it was cheaper with more games"

This isn't my view but I'm not blind to how it will be seen by some and you know you'll be having a similar conversation as above lol
    But thats what I mean, how do you think nextgen is gonna tackle that problem.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    I'm mostly likely getting a PS4 day one depending if it's under $500 at launch or not (guessing $400-$450)

I'm keeping my PS3 for games that I undoubtedly will want to go back to. PS3 fat is too sexy to sell and my original PS1 and PS2 both still work so might as well collect them *shrug*

With that said I can understand why people might want to stick with just PS3 for a while before a good stable of PS4 games are released.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Thats problem #1
    That is their doing, everyone wished this not to happen yet they did this. To sell GOW, Uncharted, Killzone ultra HD collection. And I am one of "the guy"s you named of... and sorry.
    Problem #2 is not completely rigid yet. I am sure they will put some new IPs to PS4 line up, after steam sneaking in the back of the 3 consoles' war, they definitely need much more reasons for costumers. I don't care other two but sony will surely put much more to ps4. Yet I still don't see how to get %100 agreement with my gf about buying new console
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Keeping my PS3. Getting PS4 at Launched. Problem solved for me lol

Master Guru
    Watch dogs and Diablo are going to be on both ps3 and ps4 so you'll get more games like this also. The last of Us might do the same and COD, Madden, FIFA etc.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    We've already seen a couple games that's in development for both PS3 and PS4. I expect that a lot of the end of the line games on the PS3, will be on the PS4 as well. I don't see that as a detriment to the PS4, but a potential boon. I think they'll have a larger library of games at release than previous generations.

EDIT: Beaten to it by mere seconds.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 03-02-2013 at 15:10.

Master Guru
    It's a smart move to go strong leading up to the release of a new console and that's a strong line up of games

Plus there's strong titles launching exclusively on the PS4. Then there's the games that haven't been announced.

Plus the new features of the PS4 and it's new people love new things...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I'm keeping my ps3 for a bit after next gen starts. This might change once E3 comes around and they show a lot more games for the PS4.

Didn't someone say the ps4 is going to have the strongest launch lineup compared to the previous gens? I'm not really worried I'm going to be swayed out of getting a ps4 because of all the great ps3 games still to come. It'll probably have a bunch of great looking new IPs. The new Infamous and Watch Dogs is more then enough reason to get one for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Master Guru
    It's a smart move to go strong leading up to the release of a new console and that's a strong line up of games

Plus there's strong titles launching exclusively on the PS4. Then there's the games that haven't been announced.

Plus the new features of the PS4 and it's new people love new things...

Apprentice
    This will effect my PS3 game purchases right before the PS4 releases. If it's true that GTAV will release in september, I will most likely skip that title and wait for the release of the PS4 and get Watchdogs.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Dedicated Member
    Considering that PS3 still has some great games coming out, I don't think getting a launch PS4 will be as big of a deal as last time. Probably won't be a shortage this time though
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    ill be picking up all these great ps3 games plus a ps4. sure i might not play them all right away but im not waiting for my ps4.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ****load of bubble gum"

Supreme Veteran

I do not see a problem at all... But we will see what happens

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Besides the few outspoken among us, there wont be any problem as far as we're concerned. As for everyone else Sony better get to advertising the volts out of the PS4 and GAMZ. New IPs at launch to attract the lower majority.

Thread Information