Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    We're going to be using discs until insanely fast internet is standard... which I don't think will be for quite some time.
    maybe not in the US, but in Finland, by 2016 100M will be the slowest internet connection you can get.

Forum Overseer
    is that mega bits or bytes?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    is that mega bits or bytes?
    is that serious question?

Forum Overseer
    Yes.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Yes.
    pretty sure they were talking bits, not bytes.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    maybe not in the US, but in Finland, by 2016 100M will be the slowest internet connection you can get.
    I'll probably move to an area with FiOS next year... 300 Mbps down and 65 Mbps up. I'm not moving to Kansas for Google Fiber... don't care if it's 1 Gbps down/up (that's insane speed, though).
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Overseer
    That's kinda lame, I was hoping for a bigger push.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Sounds good to me. I enjoy owning my own physical copy of a game. If it was all digital, one little problem with your HDD and all of your games could be gone.
    I agree with 100 percent. Small problem and we might lose all our games within a moment boooooo. I would still like to own the game on a disc.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by mertle View Post
    found site cheaper £20

http://www.totalblankmedia.com/verba...ce-p-4068.html

true at but likely come down like 50 gb was not used intially due to costs but some games was on 50 bd at a later stage.

I would think it little cost on lasers was this not worry for 50 gb Sony just firmware the lasers to cope. Probably will need new finer blue laser diode to cope they should not cost much more if anything at all. Tech was defined 2008 to cope with upto 128 gb quad layer BD's.

My worry is Holographic Versitile disks not expected to be 5 years at least prices green lasers they use come down sharply. That could move it up maybe 2 years before it hits market.

They have infinate more storage uses green lasers.
    From what I've gathered you would need a different drive than what the PS3 has, capable of reading BDXL. I remember when that came out before everywhere was talking about how a firmware update wouldn't allow the current drive to read it, it would require a much more expensive drive.

I'm sure prices will come down on both the drives and the discs, but it could Sony in the same situation they were in with the PS3 where it was too expensive at launch, plus it could cause an increase in game price for Sony which the competitors would love.

So far they seem to be doing everything better than they did with the PS3, so I probably shouldn't be worried, but I'm still a little worried they're going to price themselves too high at launch again. Just trying to convince myself they won't. I don't think I'll be fine until E3.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I agree with 100 percent. Small problem and we might lose all our games within a moment boooooo. I would still like to own the game on a disc.
    We could download it again...we could also lose all the saves and that's worse.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Great good news.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Just take a look at Rage on PC, it was 21GB and every single texture was unique. If that is 21GB I'm sure 50gb will be perfectly fine for what ever comes up.

Ultimate Veteran
    Its good they are sticking with blu ray discs.50 gig should be pelnty big

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Options are what we want. Every game should be on te store as well its often quicker to download than to go to a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Sounds good to me. I enjoy owning my own physical copy of a game. If it was all digital, one little problem with your HDD and all of your games could be gone.
    But you just download them again.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That's kinda lame, I was hoping for a bigger push.
    you have got to be kidding right?
    He's talking about the lowest. If it was bytes that that means 800Mbit connection which is insane. Google Fiber just started giving a gigabit connection (125Mbytes)

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    He's talking about the lowest. If it was bytes that that means 800Mbit connection which is insane. Google Fiber just started giving a gigabit connection (125Mbytes)
    It's actually 128 Megabytes/sec... but close enough!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Once I did the calculation, I realized it wasn't that bad. I didn't want to edit my post lol.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Anyone else think Blu Ray's could be a problem this gen? ie; 50GB wont be enough?
    Who knows, nothing wrong with big games spanning 2 or more blu rays... Heaps of games across multiple cds on the ps1 :P

Anyway this is very good news

Via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think this is a bit of a no brainer for Sony. It is their format that they are pushing. Mistake me if I'm wrong but doesn't Sony make money for publishers putting games on blu rays? Or am i wrong on this one.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I think this is a bit of a no brainer for Sony. It is their format that they are pushing. Mistake me if I'm wrong but doesn't Sony make money for publishers putting games on blu rays? Or am i wrong on this one.
    I think so, they're not the owners but one of the owners. I THINK

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think so, they're not the owners but one of the owners. I THINK
    Yeah figured they had to make their money back over time for the creation of blu ray.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    "If you go down to Southern Europe, where we have very big and important*businesses, it can take you 3 days over a standard internet connection to download a file of the size, and that’s not fun" I'm in France (center Europe?) in a big city, and 45 Gb will take a full night to download, that is because internet here is very fluctuating. I'm paying for a 10Mb connection, but I've never seen it reach more than 2.5Mb - ever. Most of the time I'm at 1Mb but it doesn't last more than 10 minutes.
    I understand Sony aims a lot on the internet - Gaikai, downloading a game and playing it before it is fully downloaded ... - but I hope they checked the internet infrastructure worldwide to see if 99% of people will just imagine what it could be as such interent usage will be limited by the average low your connexion will have in the 10 hours you could use your PS4.
    Same goes for the PS Vita and the promised "remote play" of PS4 games. To be realistic you'll need a solid interenet connection to have such an amount of continual flow of data give you a satisfying game experience, and not a freeze every 5 minutes or unending slowdowns.
    I'm talking about DSL connection, as fiber optic is maybe 3% of connected people in France.

Ancient
    45gb in a night, thats not too bad, its better then days lol
    But I have 60mb connection, why they call it that when its actually 6mb speed is kinda missleading and don't even get that all the time, but even so I still don't think internet is fast enough, you said you have a 10mb connection, thats only 1mbps if your lucky
    Perhaps if it was actually 60mbps internet would be ready for a digital future

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    45gb in a night, thats not too bad, its better then days lol
    But I have 60mb connection, why they call it that when its actually 6mb speed is kinda missleading and don't even get that all the time, but even so I still don't think internet is fast enough, you said you have a 10mb connection, thats only 1mbps if your lucky
    Perhaps if it was actually 60mbps internet would be ready for a digital future

Sent via Codec
    That's because they mislead you by saying MB when it's really Mb. Or Megabytes vs Megabits.

You have to divide the Megabits by 8 to get the Megabytes.

They're not lying, just that they know most don't know the difference.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Dual Layer PS3 discs were upped to 66GB. Doesn't matter to me digital all the way, I'm gonna be download Uncharted 3 GOTY soon off the US Store and it's like 43GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information