Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Dual Layer PS3 discs were upped to 66GB. Doesn't matter to me digital all the way, I'm gonna be download Uncharted 3 GOTY soon off the US Store and it's like 43GB.
    Do we have a game that uses such dual layered disc? Last I check U3 used the most space and that was 45GB

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Do we have a game that uses such dual layered disc? Last I check U3 used the most space and that was 45GB
    I thought MGS4 used the most and most of it was audio if I'm not mistaken, which I read in an article before the game came out.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I thought MGS4 used the most and most of it was audio if I'm not mistaken, which I read in an article before the game came out.
    MGS4 - 30GB
    God Of War III - 35GB
    Killzone 3 - 41.5GB
    Uncharted 3 - over 50GB

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I'll probably move to an area with FiOS next year... 300 Mbps down and 65 Mbps up. I'm not moving to Kansas for Google Fiber... don't care if it's 1 Gbps down/up (that's insane speed, though).
    The only problem with FiOS's 300Mbps speed is that it is crazy expensive! I am in the 2nd to lowest tier, which is 50 down/25 up, but I am actually getting 60 down/35 up when I run speedtest and mine costs $60 a month. The 75Mbps tier is still reasonable, but the 150Mbps and 300Mbps tiers are just insanely priced! What is nice with Google Fiber is that the 1Gbps costs about as much as my 50Mbps service.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    The only problem with FiOS's 300Mbps speed is that it is crazy expensive! I am in the 2nd to lowest tier, which is 50 down/25 up, but I am actually getting 60 down/35 up when I run speedtest and mine costs $60 a month. The 75Mbps tier is still reasonable, but the 150Mbps and 300Mbps tiers are just insanely priced! What is nice with Google Fiber is that the 1Gbps costs about as much as my 50Mbps service.
    Oh man it would be nice giving that Google internet a test run.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I was lucky enough to live in Keller when they rolled out FiOS (we were the first!), but it sucks that Kansas got the Google Fiber, but hopefully they will spread all over as well and since my house already has fiber running into my garage with the FiOS it is just a matter of time before it ends up here! They will just have to lease the fiber line from Verizon...

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    It's stupid fast, but not worth living in Kansas for. :P
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It's stupid fast, but not worth living in Kansas for. :P
    Yeah I know. I was like, wtf Kansas. Really?!

Administrator
    I don't know why they didn't choose a less... sucky locale.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    That location took my by surprise as well, I really didn't think they would choose that area out of all the other locations.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    That location took my by surprise as well, I really didn't think they would choose that area out of all the other locations.
    It's like they took a dart and threw at a map of the US. "Whatever city it sticks closest to is where we unroll first." *Thud* "Kansas City? Can I get another throw?" "Nope! Hope they like Fiber with their wheat!"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    "Nope! Hope they like Fiber with their wheat!"

13. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    PSN ID
    BeastyGunner9698
    It's like they took a dart and threw at a map of the US. "Whatever city it sticks closest to is where we unroll first." *Thud* "Kansas City? Can I get another throw?" "Nope! Hope they like Fiber with their wheat!"
    Welcome to Google offices, where our daily work consists of darts and selling peoples personal information from there google acco- i mean whaaaaaaaaaaa?

"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    This makes me lol every time!

16. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Master Guru
    Sony is pulling the strings. Blu-ray is here to stay.

Most gamers i know prefer owning a physical copy of their games for many different reasons. Digital distribution is an absolute fail in my opinion.

Apprentice
    I don't think digital sales has failed but at the same time I think there are people that still like to have a hard copy of the game.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I don't think digital sales has failed but at the same time I think there are people that still like to have a hard copy of the game.
    Agreed, also Christmas gift sales tend to gravitate toward physical media.

I certainly hope a good future for digital sales, but going digital only has some problems to be fixed. (IE. not being able to pass down your huge game library to your son.. etc.)
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Master Guru
    It's good to have the option of both.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    Agreed, also Christmas gift sales tend to gravitate toward physical media.

I certainly hope a good future for digital sales, but going digital only has some problems to be fixed. (IE. not being able to pass down your huge game library to your son.. etc.)
    I want a son to pass things down to. ;[

Lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I want a son to pass things down to. ;[

Lol
    "Son....*coughs*...it's time I pa..*cough* I pass my collector's edition Kinectimals copy to you. Promise me *holds hand firmly* that you will...*coughs* pass it dow.......*dies*"

23. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    "Son....*coughs*...it's time I pa..*cough* I pass my collector's edition Kinectimals copy to you. Promise me *holds hand firmly* that you will...*coughs* pass it dow.......*dies*"
    I imagined it exactly like that, actually.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I hate DD. Much why I dread every single minute of having to reformat my PC. I know how much time will spend redownloading all that $#@!. The device may change but the story is the same. Pop the disk in and play. I don't understand why so many like it on console. Especially when it isn't even cheaper. Most of the time it is more expensive.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Think about this freak, DD might not be so bad with PS4 if the games download as you play feature. If that all works out and you have the subscription for that feature

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Think about this freak, DD might not be so bad with PS4 if the games download as you play feature. If that all works out and you have the subscription for that feature
    Yeah the PS4's download while playing is a great idea. I'm hoping that catches on for other formats as well. That is an amazing additions for DD. I will give you that. I just don't like the idea of not owning something rightfully. When I walk into a store and buy a game I get the satisfaction that I own it. I just don't have that feeling from DD. Some may call it narrow minded but that is my feelings on the situation. One thing that also helps with the PS4 if it's true is the fact that you can demo every game. That could be a game changer as well. Instead of select demos like we have now so you can't try out the game to see if you like it.

Places like Gamestop have return policies that allow you to try and if you don't like it you can return it. One thing all demos could help to remedy.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Yeah the PS4's download while playing is a great idea. I'm hoping that catches on for other formats as well. That is an amazing additions for DD. I will give you that. I just don't like the idea of not owning something rightfully. When I walk into a store and buy a game I get the satisfaction that I own it. I just don't have that feeling from DD. Some may call it narrow minded but that is my feelings on the situation. One thing that also helps with the PS4 if it's true is the fact that you can demo every game. That could be a game changer as well. Instead of select demos like we have now so you can't try out the game to see if you like it.

Places like Gamestop have return policies that allow you to try and if you don't like it you can return it. One thing all demos could help to remedy.
    I havent bought a physical PC game in around 10 years. If Sonys PS4 system is as awesome as Steam is then i may get all my PS4 games DD. Oh and when a game releases you can get it the second it releases without waiting at a gamestop at midnight or waiting for amazon to send it to you. So instead when someone is excited for a game they wont say "day one" they will say "second one".
    Last edited by HellsJester; 03-05-2013 at 22:21.

29. Likes PS4freak likes this post

Thread Information