Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I havent bought a physical PC game in around 10 years. If Sonys PS4 system is as awesome as Steam is then i may get all my PS4 games DD. Oh and when a game releases you can get it the second it releases without waiting at a gamestop at midnight or waiting for amazon to send it to you. So instead when someone is excited for a game they wont say "day one" they will say "second one".
    Lol. I like that. I just don't see anyone being able to replicate Steam honestly. That's why I'm not all that psyched about DD. PC has pretty much been DD fully for a while now. It's just this console jump to DD isn't striking me all that well. It's a nostalgia thing I guess. I like having the physical form of media for consoles. Not to mention PC never really game me that feeling because they practically ditch disks once you install them. But reinstalling is nice when you just throw the disc in.

A lot of this also boils down to the fact that at my house, I have no "unlimited" internet source. Mostly because AT&T won't provide us with even $#@!ty DSL which I would jump up and down for. Right now I'm in my apartment in the city and I have download speeds of 2mb/s. So it's not really that big of a deal. But my lease is up in May and I'm moving back home. I know there are many that are in my same situation that are screwed when it comes to DD and other heavy bandwidth hogs because your only solution is Satellite Internet (Which was wrote off by me last year) or Wireless Broadband which usually caps you at 5GBs a month. Try having fun on that. It sucks. That is why I love physical copies. Anytime I have to use the internet extensively I have to go look like a mooch to my buddy when I ask if I can download $#@! off his internet. That's the $#@!ty connected world I live in. DD is a touchy subject for me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Lol. I like that. I just don't see anyone being able to replicate Steam honestly. That's why I'm not all that psyched about DD. PC has pretty much been DD fully for a while now. It's just this console jump to DD isn't striking me all that well. It's a nostalgia thing I guess. I like having the physical form of media for consoles. Not to mention PC never really game me that feeling because they practically ditch disks once you install them. But reinstalling is nice when you just throw the disc in.

A lot of this also boils down to the fact that at my house, I have no "unlimited" internet source. Mostly because AT&T won't provide us with even $#@!ty DSL which I would jump up and down for. Right now I'm in my apartment in the city and I have download speeds of 2mb/s. So it's not really that big of a deal. But my lease is up in May and I'm moving back home. I know there are many that are in my same situation that are screwed when it comes to DD and other heavy bandwidth hogs because your only solution is Satellite Internet (Which was wrote off by me last year) or Wireless Broadband which usually caps you at 5GBs a month. Try having fun on that. It sucks. That is why I love physical copies. Anytime I have to use the internet extensively I have to go look like a mooch to my buddy when I ask if I can download $#@! off his internet. That's the $#@!ty connected world I live in. DD is a touchy subject for me.
    Yeah AT&T sucks bro. Have you tried finding a better provider? I wish Google Fiber would spread faster.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Yeah AT&T sucks bro. Have you tried finding a better provider? I wish Google Fiber would spread faster.
    Only provider in the area. I live in a rural area. It just blows because there is a trade off I have to make. Wireless broadband I can somewhat game on. Satellite forget it! Wireless Broadband I'm very limited with what I can do. Satellite there is more leeway. New Gen4 is 40GB total monthly which isn't bad but I can't play my COD! Not to mention Hughesnet will never get another dollar from my pocket. The absolute bar none worst customer service ever.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Only provider in the area. I live in a rural area. It just blows because there is a trade off I have to make. Wireless broadband I can somewhat game on. Satellite forget it! Wireless Broadband I'm very limited with what I can do. Satellite there is more leeway. New Gen4 is 40GB total monthly which isn't bad but I can't play my COD! Not to mention Hughesnet will never get another dollar from my pocket. The absolute bar none worst customer service ever.
    My provider is only decent speed but they are very lenient with the bandwidth caps. I downloaded 400gb in one day and they didnt say a thing.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Im not surprised, as i dont see the market for Direct Download exclusive consoles coming for at least another 10-20 years globally. In that timeframe i still see disc based games with the option of direct download, and later on with Full Install options to the hard drives. High speed internet just isnt readily available in enough places to justify it at this point, And im a bit old school as i really love my physical copies of games so i can stack up all of my games and look at them and say "yep, thats all mine".

What i would like to see going forward with DD games, is what i think Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic did, allowing people to download most of the game before the launch date, with a small download file that fully activates the game on launch day, that way people have time to wait for those obnoxious download speeds (which i do before i go to sleep) and have a very small amount of time to wait before before they can actually play the game. like, 5 minutes or so. And lets face it, Online passes are never going away. im fine with it because i generally buy my games new and dont really play Multiplayer unless its me playing my brother in MLB The Show.

As wireless technology advances over the next 10 years or so THEN i can see Direct Download only consoles becoming the norm. Until that happens I expect that DD along with Physical copies to be standard for a while.

Tacos Rule!

Thread Information