Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For sure but there needs to be a balance. We all know what happened to Nintendo when they went full in. While they were successful, they have no foundation this time around. You can't ignore the core to get the casuals...the balance needs to stay where the cores push the technology and once it's cheaper, the casuals step in.

The problem is that gaming is becoming "for" the casuals and these people are a one-night stand...they don't have the passion that we do. Nintendo was used like a $#@! and thrown away; now those casuals won't return their calls.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-03-2013 at 20:22.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Phil's interview definitely adds fuel to the rumors.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/phil...uture-of-xbox/

The core will be there. The casual market is the tricky one imo. The Wii U is struggling to capture that same casual market they had with the Wii.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    as long as they keep the core happy, all is well. the box will still be supported by 3rd party software

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Great for MS shareholders. Bad for Xbox owning core gamers.
    I agree, since they went that route screw over core gamers. It will be hard for them to earn there trust again. Im pretty well sold on the ps4 MS will have to impress the hell out of me with games and prove to me that there not a casual gaming company.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    I agree, since they went that route screw over core gamers. It will be hard for them to earn there trust again. Im pretty well sold on the ps4 MS will have to impress the hell out of me with games and prove to me that there not a casual gaming company.
    I totally agree with you there. Thats pretty much where I'm at right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If MS decides to go full retard (casual) then yeah, consider a non-consumer. But if at least (at worst) they follow the previous Xbox's trend (go hard out first 2-4 years, then casually drop 'core' support) then I'd still be interested.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If MS decides to go full retard (casual) then yeah, consider a non-consumer. But if at least (at worst) they follow the previous Xbox's trend (go hard out first 2-4 years, then casually drop 'core' support) then I'd still be interested.
    Not me. I wont support a company that turns their back on me halfway through their consoles lifecycle to go chase another market. Especially when their competition has proven that they will take care of me as a core gamer right up to the end of the generation.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-03-2013 at 20:31.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not me. I wont support a company that turns their back on me halfway through their consoles lifecycle to go chase another market. Especially when their competition has proven that they will take care of me as a core gamer right up to the end of the generation.
    That's fair enough.

For me, I'd be interested in getting one after a few price drops to play some new IPs. Though it'd have to have a significant amount of NextBox ONLY (no cross PC "exlusive" BS) games, and maybe a few features here and there to get me to get it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Microsoft has 21 game studios.

Rumored to be working on core titles..

MGS-LA
    Platform Next Studio
    Skybox Sports

Turn 10
    Lionhead
    Rare
    Black Tusk
    MGS- Victoria

Kinect/Family Based
    -Press Play
    -Playful Learning
    -Good Science
    -Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment
    -Soho Productions
    -Big Park
    -Twisted Pixel

They should be able to show us something out of all that....

Edit: Ive bolded the the companies that are brand new, and have been basically created in the past 2-3 years....
    Last edited by mynd; 03-03-2013 at 20:41.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Microsoft has 21 game studios.

Rumored to be working on core titles..

MGS-LA
    Platform Next Studio
    Skybox Sports

Turn 10
    Lionhead
    Rare
    Black Tusk
    MGS- Victoria

Kinect/Family Based
    -Press Play
    -Playful Learning
    -Good Science
    -Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment
    -Soho Productions
    -Big Park
    -Twisted Pixel

They should be able to show us something out of all that....

Edit: Ive bolded the the companies that are brand new, and have been basically created in the past 2-3 years....
    Cool.

Though you'd think they'd be able to give us at least 1 retail exclusive before this gen closes out.

Extreme Poster
    I enjoy that the 3rd parties are not as exclusive as they used to be. We should all enjoy these games and I really hope with this coming up generation, cross-platform would become the norm. At least between consoles but I'm sure we'll see a lot of PC interaction.

This would be great for developers and we'll get more games in the end.

More than anything else, I'm super excited for consoles to finally tap into the PC market.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-03-2013 at 22:25. Reason: Off-topic.

Forum Sage
    Haha, there was nothing to reply to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Phil's interview definitely adds fuel to the rumors.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/phil...uture-of-xbox/

The core will be there. The casual market is the tricky one imo. The Wii U is struggling to capture that same casual market they had with the Wii.
    It would be extremely naive (almost delusional) to think that Microsoft wont make a BIG push on the hardcore market as some people are tempted to think. Of course they will, but I'm curious of how big this push will be and what direction will it take.

Nintendo's slope is what has me worried as a gamer here. It's an irresistible temptation for any investor... the guys who sold 100M+ in this generation had released a console that seems to be dead on arrival. Heck I would like to take that cake too if it was my money!!

...then again... that casual market has changed so damn much thanks to portable devices that the question is IF (or when) they're willing to buy a console at all.

This is an extremely interesting situation... fascinating for those who like to analyze market trends.
    Last edited by Aquanox; 03-04-2013 at 00:45.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    The thing about casual only gamers is that yes it's a massive market with huge earning potential but they're also fickle. Ninty seem to be learning that just because people bought the Wii doesn't mean they'll buy the next one. And the Wii U is at least different to the Wii. If the Next Xbox pushes with an upgraded kinnect they may discover that they've already saturated that market and people won't see the point in getting an expensive new console when kinnect works fine on their current one.

I'm sure MS will target the core gamers as well, they do have the finances to push on two fronts after all and there were so many rumours about them investing obscene amounts of money into this.

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The thing about casual only gamers is that yes it's a massive market with huge earning potential but they're also fickle. Ninty seem to be learning that just because people bought the Wii doesn't mean they'll buy the next one. And the Wii U is at least different to the Wii. If the Next Xbox pushes with an upgraded kinnect they may discover that they've already saturated that market and people won't see the point in getting an expensive new console when kinnect works fine on their current one.

I'm sure MS will target the core gamers as well, they do have the finances to push on two fronts after all and there were so many rumours about them investing obscene amounts of money into this.
    Exactly my point. And I hope so. Imagine another 1st party war like past gen.

Soldier 95B
    We? Speak for yourself. Especially if it's anything like these last few years.
    LOL ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    That's what I'm ready for.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    That's what I'm ready for.
    That's good for everyone. Even if people don't get either console at launch, they'll at least have something to play whenever they do decide.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Wow. Missed this thread. Up to you MS, prove your worth to me. Not the other guys that will treat you as the flavor of the week. Ready to see what they are going to bring to the table. Better be good.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

20. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Update: It seems that MS is hosting a conference for the Next-Xbox in April. Exciting news.

Gamespot

I'd add... announce a new, exciting IP, and hopefully a new Studio. Microsoft really needs more First Party muscle.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...ation-4-reveal
    Yep if MS could get up more "first party muscle" they would be good to go. Especially since they wont have the better looking and playing 3rd party games advantage anymore.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

Kinect definitely has worn off its novelty but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement and I think if the upgrade is big enough, there is definitely market for it. It's an untapped market.

There may be many people, old and young that would not know how to hold a controller (yes, even a wii remote). And while my 2 year old can practically do every basic move in BF3 and BO2, that's rare and I'm only bringing this up because I wanted to feel like a badass dad and I do.

I think my kid would love the current Kinect and I would love a more improved Kinect. It's not going to make me buy an Xbox because I'm stubborn but it will make millions other.

They just have to improve it well enough and integrate it from the core enough that it sparks a new interest. You're right, they can go both ways, they can do Kinect and they can still do core games.

lol. Let's not imagine another war. Just two good consoles with good games that people quietly like to play.

23. Likes mistercrow, snooper71, Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    This generation both sides may have to unite to ensure our way of console gaming survives into the future. We all need to put down our swords and make way for both the PS4/Xbox Next.

It's time for equality!!

Forum Sage
    I'm not sure if it's because of all the new portable technology, or because this generation lasted way too long to keep hardcores interested. One thing is sure, this isn't nearly as what it was at the beginning of this gen. There's a lot of work to do, I'm one of those that want consoles to survive in time. F*ck gaming on portables.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    This generation both sides may have to unite to ensure our way of console gaming survives into the future. We all need to put down our swords and make way for both the PS4/Xbox Next.

It's time for equality!!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I'm not sure if it's because of all the new portable technology, or because this generation lasted way too long to keep hardcores interested. One thing is sure, this isn't nearly as what it was at the beginning of this gen. There's a lot of work to do, I'm one of those that want consoles to survive in time. F*ck gaming on portables.
    What if portables became powerful enough (ps4 graphics and physics in a vita shell) that we can take it on the go and still be able to plug it in to a tv and use our controllers on it.

Sent from my Note II

Ultimate Veteran
    I think portable gaming is great (Sony and Nintendo, I mean). In some ways, I actually prefer it to console gaming though the framerate isn't always consistent and the anisotropic filtering is low.

Console gaming might not survive with Nintendo though. They will probably jump ship altogether to the portable market if the Wii U doesn't end up meeting sales expectations in the next couple years.

But I digress... :/
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-05-2013 at 04:04.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What if portables became powerful enough (ps4 graphics and physics in a vita shell) that we can take it on the go and still be able to plug it in to a tv and use our controllers on it.

Sent from my Note II
    A dual function system like that could be pretty cool. Or if they had add ons that function like systems to add features to the hand held to make it more like a system. A ports box so to speak with all your HDMI's, Optical ports, USBs, with basic CPU & ram to run the OS and what not. Just keep it under $150 for all this and it would be a pretty nice thing in my book.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information