Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9
Results 201 to 207 of 207
  1. #201
    Forum Sage
    Aquanox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,018
    Rep Power
    92
    It's hard to tell but hardcores will always want to enjoy the latest technology in gaming and visuals, and while portables will get better in time, they will be a point when they will reach physical boundaries when heat and power issues will start holding them back, away from the development of the discrete market. (Remember when the 3Ghz barrier was reached on PCs?)

    When portables manage to pull PS4 graphics, consoles might be pulling 4K games and so on. We might get to a point where all consoles become portable, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What if portables became powerful enough (ps4 graphics and physics in a vita shell) that we can take it on the go and still be able to plug it in to a tv and use our controllers on it.

    Sent from my Note II
    Proud future owner of a PS4. W00t W000t!!




  2. #202
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Posts
    12,561
    Rep Power
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    It's hard to tell but hardcores will always want to enjoy the latest technology in gaming and visuals, and while portables will get better in time, they will be a point when they will reach physical boundaries when heat and power issues will start holding them back, away from the development of the discrete market. (Remember when the 3Ghz barrier was reached on PCs?)

    When portables manage to pull PS4 graphics, consoles might be pulling 4K games and so on. We might get to a point where all consoles become portable, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    They can get away with a lot having a screen that small.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

  3. #203
    Forum Sage
    Aquanox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,018
    Rep Power
    92
    Indeed, though he mentioned connecting it to a TV, which is where hardcores usually want to play their games on.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    They can get away with a lot having a screen that small.
    Proud future owner of a PS4. W00t W000t!!




  4. #204
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Posts
    12,561
    Rep Power
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Indeed, though he mentioned connecting it to a TV, which is where hardcores usually want to play their games on.
    Ah... yeah that might be an issue.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

  5. #205
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,471
    Rep Power
    154
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    It's hard to tell but hardcores will always want to enjoy the latest technology in gaming and visuals, and while portables will get better in time, they will be a point when they will reach physical boundaries when heat and power issues will start holding them back, away from the development of the discrete market. (Remember when the 3Ghz barrier was reached on PCs?)

    When portables manage to pull PS4 graphics, consoles might be pulling 4K games and so on. We might get to a point where all consoles become portable, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Very true. We are far of from that kind of future but that is if consoles aren't extinct by then. There won't be much of a gripe about the ability to do so then.


  6. #206
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,316
    Rep Power
    137
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    That would be the ultimate though. Kinda like an Alienware packed in either a Vita size, or a 10inch tablet size (but foldable); where you can hook up into an HDTV and pair with a controller of your choice. That's the future for me.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  7. #207
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,471
    Rep Power
    154
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That would be the ultimate though. Kinda like an Alienware packed in either a Vita size, or a 10inch tablet size (but foldable); where you can hook up into an HDTV and pair with a controller of your choice. That's the future for me.
    Oh it would definitely be cool. Like others have said to push out that kind of power cooling would be a problem. But with advancements in tech coming every day it's not impossible in the future. I definitely like the idea if they do it right without a loss in quality of games from consoles.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.