Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    If devkits had VRAM, it's pretty clear that they weren't anything like final devkits.
    I'm sure developers will see new revision of devkits within a year which will give more than 8GB of memory, the additional memory is there for a reason.
    Latest dev kits went out in january and the final kits will be rolling out in june. I assume dev now have 8gb kits

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    On gametrailers one of the Developers said that Devs kits had 8gig of ram so they where surprise when Sony announced that the console itself will ship with 8gb of ram...I guess a new kit will be going out soon that will have the overhead vulg was talking about

Sent from my Note II

Elite Guru
    I wouldn't speculate on the OS size just yet, it's very difficult to tell how much is required to make all this stuff work. Just look at Wii U, I would have never guessed it's OS needed 1GB to function (I'm guessing a lot is just reserve). Ps4 could be bigger than that but this is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    If devkits had VRAM, it's pretty clear that they weren't anything like final devkits.
    I'm sure developers will see new revision of devkits within a year which will give more than 8GB of memory, the additional memory is there for a reason.
    Yeah Sony has been working on this hardware design since 2008 so I'm guessing the whole VRAM idea was from a very long time back.

Ok.. Devkits normally have twice as much memory as the retail unit in order to facilitate the associated overhead of dev tools (game making software\debugging etc).

Sony usually goes for 4x the retail memory, PSTool had 128MB and the Ps3 dev kits had 1GB XDR RAM. Mind you this generation how ever I'm very sure Sony couldn't afford to put 32GB of GDDR5 into anything

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't know man. Look at the difference between Killzone 3 characters and Killzone: Shadow Fall characters:

When you look at a still picture yes you will notice some extra details specially in a comparison, but during the video it's difficult to notice because the graphical leap just isn't there yet.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    When you look at a still picture yes you will notice some extra details specially in a comparison, but during the video it's difficult to notice because the graphical leap just isn't there yet.
    That tank must really hurt with it going through his kneecap like that...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Thread Information