Hey folks,

So, a new Assassin's Creed title is in development for release in FY 2014; that much we know. However, nothing else is known at this point, which means open ground to speculation!

One of the hottest topics in regards to the historical action-adventure franchise is setting. I'm sure we all have our ideal location for the AC series -- I know I do. London, to be precise. Victorian London.

Why you ask?

Well, allow PSU.com's article to elaborate. Once you are done reading, be sure to let us know where you'd like the series to go next, and more importantly, why.

Ubisoft finally broke away from the trappings of the Italian Renaissance and likable ladies’ man Ezio Auditore with last year’s Assassin’s Creed III, introducing a brand new setting and hero. However, while Connor Kenway’s American Revolution adventure provided the most expansive and innovative Assassin’s Creed in years, it seems that Ubisoft has no intention of going down the trilogy route again, confirming that the next instalment in the historical stab-‘em-up series – due in FY2014 – will once again acquaint us with a new protagonist and time period. In other words, Connor’s story is done and dusted.

While there is a myriad of historical periods the series could visit next, PSU has to nominate Victorian London for the next setting. So, why Merry Old England you ask? Well, there are many reasons. Assassin’s Creed is synonymous with patriarchal, iconic landmarks, something which ACIII eschewed for the most part, instead opting to focus more on the open countryside. However, London would bring back this feeling of grandeur, with towering landmarks to scale and observe the world below you. Big Ben was completed during the Victorian age, and you also have the sprawling Houses of Parliament, not to mention medieval staples The Tower of London among others. Any of these structures would provide ample opportunity for the new Assassin to perform the legendary Leap of Faith off of (hopefully into a conveniently-placed hay kart below).
Full article -- http://www.psu.com/a018480/Why-Assas...ctorian-London