Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Why Assassin's Creed needs to visit Victorian London

Hey folks,

So, a new Assassin's Creed title is in development for release in FY 2014; that much we know. However, nothing else is known at this point, which means open ground to speculation!

One of the hottest topics in regards to the historical action-adventure franchise is setting. I'm sure we all have our ideal location for the AC series -- I know I do. London, to be precise. Victorian London.

Why you ask?

Well, allow PSU.com's article to elaborate. Once you are done reading, be sure to let us know where you'd like the series to go next, and more importantly, why.

Ubisoft finally broke away from the trappings of the Italian Renaissance and likable ladies’ man Ezio Auditore with last year’s Assassin’s Creed III, introducing a brand new setting and hero. However, while Connor Kenway’s American Revolution adventure provided the most expansive and innovative Assassin’s Creed in years, it seems that Ubisoft has no intention of going down the trilogy route again, confirming that the next instalment in the historical stab-‘em-up series – due in FY2014 – will once again acquaint us with a new protagonist and time period. In other words, Connor’s story is done and dusted.

While there is a myriad of historical periods the series could visit next, PSU has to nominate Victorian London for the next setting. So, why Merry Old England you ask? Well, there are many reasons. Assassin’s Creed is synonymous with patriarchal, iconic landmarks, something which ACIII eschewed for the most part, instead opting to focus more on the open countryside. However, London would bring back this feeling of grandeur, with towering landmarks to scale and observe the world below you. Big Ben was completed during the Victorian age, and you also have the sprawling Houses of Parliament, not to mention medieval staples The Tower of London among others. Any of these structures would provide ample opportunity for the new Assassin to perform the legendary Leap of Faith off of (hopefully into a conveniently-placed hay kart below).
    Full article -- http://www.psu.com/a018480/Why-Assas...ctorian-London
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I do not know friend, i see it being set beyond this era or maybe in the ANCIENT times. When the apple was used first and the ALIENS appeared

They need to go back to the start and let us actually learn the truth and focus on the ASSASSIN and the ANCIENT people and not on DESMONDS life
    Last edited by claud3; 02-25-2013 at 17:39.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Not a bad case for Victorian London. I would mind visiting that time period in AC4. Although I would rather play the Persian, Mongol, or Russian empires. That's just my taste tho.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Dedicated Member

Sounds very interesting. I also like the sound of moononites idea, Mongols.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it would be cool, but i do not see it being set in that era... I think it will be set to try and balance the series out and their is no holes in the series. The third one was down right awesome

But it was the ending that left a shed load of questions
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Yes it did leave a shed load of questions! I think its likely you are right. I would love to see them explore it through an ancient setting involving the aliens like you suggested up in post 2.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Very possible actually. Although I'd prefer ninjas and feudal Japan.

But yeah, I've had enough with Connor's time and story, and any other place or time will be welcomed.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    With hopefully connor and desmond out of the picture... This opens a fresh era and ASSASSIN and a story with no holes in it and enjoyable

I fear that desmond will have some connection to AC4

Superior Member
    Victorian London would be amazing. I really hope they take this route.

Though I would be just as pleased with feudal Japan or ancient Rome.

Unbound Mercenary
    My hopes are for being in Japan during the time of the samurai, with ninjas and $#@! going on.

I have a feeling that despite knowing the era in which the next game will take place, that it will be around another, modern day assassin, that can use the animus to find a way to save the world from the big bad of the last game.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    My hopes are for being in Japan during the time of the samurai, with ninjas and $#@! going on.

I have a feeling that despite knowing the era in which the next game will take place, that it will be around another, modern day assassin, that can use the animus to find a way to save the world from the big bad of the last game.
    The ANIMUS needs to be taking out, a connection to the modern world needs to be only in reference of changes made from ANCIENT actions

Unbound Mercenary
    Id want it to be always in the past. Forget the modern day stuff.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    That would be awesome. Day 1 buy for sure if Assassin's Creed came to London!

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Victorian London would be amazing. I really hope they take this route.

Though I would be just as pleased with feudal Japan or ancient Rome.
    Yeah but they already did Rome. Not when the Empire was at its height but they covered that city already in Brotherhood. I don't think it would be enough of a change for me. I'd like somewhere and somewhen new.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Id want it to be always in the past. Forget the modern day stuff.
    I've never cared for Diamond's story apart from AC1 I was interested in what was going on. Haven't touched the Desmond bits in Revelations.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Rumor has it Is that the next AC has to do with pirates. I'm not sure If it's legit. uploadfromtaptalk1361910765564.jpg

Edit: http://m.kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Last edited by mooninites; 02-26-2013 at 20:42.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I liked the naval mini games but I hated all other sneaking missions in boats. I'd be interesting how this will turn up.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    Rumor has it Is that the next AC has to do with pirates. I'm not sure If it's legit. uploadfromtaptalk1361910765564.jpg

Edit: http://m.kotaku.com/5987035/assassin...to-this-poster

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Hm that's interesting. But it will still have to be grounded somewhere on land. You couldn't do boats all the time. I'm very curious about that now. Nice find.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Hm that's interesting. But it will still have to be grounded somewhere on land. You couldn't do boats all the time. I'm very curious about that now. Nice find.
    This Is true but I assume most of the game would be on a ship. Thus is the life of a pirate, no?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Dedicated Member

Personally I would love a pirate based AC game. Would eat that "ish" up.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Glad to see a lot of you like the idea of a London-based Assassin's Creed

Of course, with Black Flag confirmed now, it looks like we'll have to wait until next year for a new setting (hopefully).

I am surprised that Ubisoft is calling it Assassin's Creed IV though; typically, a numbered entry marks the beginning of a brand new storyline and setting. While Black Flag isn't about Connor, it's still about his grandfather, and the time difference is only like 50 years or so before ACIII.

I was thinking that they'd just called it AC: Black Flag and leave ACIV for the next proper shift. Oh well, game sounds great either way.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I wouldn't mind it in Victorian London, a cool side mission would be to take out Jack The Ripper and tie in his murders to the story somehow.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Apprentice

London is getting kinda old for me.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    I am surprised that Ubisoft is calling it Assassin's Creed IV though; typically, a numbered entry marks the beginning of a brand new storyline and setting. While Black Flag isn't about Connor, it's still about his grandfather, and the time difference is only like 50 years or so before ACIII.

I was thinking that they'd just called it AC: Black Flag and leave ACIV for the next proper shift. Oh well, game sounds great either way.
    I've always been a little confused on the naming conventions for this series. I guess its all good though, as long as we get the games it doesn't matter how they name them. But I must admit to being a bit confused over the way they do it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I've always been a little confused on the naming conventions for this series. I guess its all good though, as long as we get the games it doesn't matter how they name them. But I must admit to being a bit confused over the way they do it.
    i also think it should have been named something else based on what we know (or think we know). but you never know with this series, it could turn out to be something that transcends our understanding of time/space within the series. who knows.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoo5 View Post
    i also think it should have been named something else based on what we know (or think we know). but you never know with this series, it could turn out to be something that transcends our understanding of time/space within the series. who knows.
    fo sho! When you come down to it though, they could name this game:

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, The Reckoning 1.278 Episode 1 The Revengeance...Now It's Personal; Collectror's Edition

and I would likely still buy it

Thread Information