NO microsoft are like robbing there customers left right and centre

no free online
    first xbox 360 no wi fi
    no controller rechargeing cable
    xbox live store eveything cost to much
    xbox scratchs the discs
    the avatars are to cartoony

i could continue but i wanna talk about the PS4
    it's not free but the whole package wasn't that bad if you wanted cross-game chat. Let's say MS keeps charging for it, as long as they're providing people the value and they deem it worthy, it's all fair and square.

If people don't like it, they won't buy it or they'll buy it somewhere cheap.

first 360 had no wifi because they wanted to reduce price, I never use my wifi but can understand that some do...and you pay more for it.

yea i didn't like that you couldn't recharge with a cable though that's because they didn't go with a lithium battery. again due to keep the costs down. this i would pay more for and have with other electronics. i can't stand AA/AAA batteries.

PSN store also has expensive items, especially movies.

Does the 360 still scratches the discs? Yea i wasn't a big fan of this and sadly many people still probably think this is normal for a console.

360 has avatars, we don't...i'd rather have avatars than not. don't care what they look like. Home is a different story and isn't integrated.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    how can you not like the recharging cable it save you from buying batteries or one of the retarded charging dock things, more money for microsoft
    lol sorry I meant that I don't like that the 360 doesn't have that feature (and conversely that the PS3 does).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's not free but the whole package wasn't that bad if you wanted cross-game chat. Let's say MS keeps charging for it, as long as they're providing people the value and they deem it worthy, it's all fair and square.

If people don't like it, they won't buy it or they'll buy it somewhere cheap.

first 360 had no wifi because they wanted to reduce price, I never use my wifi but can understand that some do...and you pay more for it.

yea i didn't like that you couldn't recharge with a cable though that's because they didn't go with a lithium battery. again due to keep the costs down. this i would pay more for and have with other electronics. i can't stand AA/AAA batteries.

PSN store also has expensive items, especially movies.

Does the 360 still scratches the discs? Yea i wasn't a big fan of this and sadly many people still probably think this is normal for a console.

360 has avatars, we don't...i'd rather have avatars than not. don't care what they look like. Home is a different story and isn't integrated.
    Ya PS3 costs more then xbox but if you look back over the years of playing it online i think that you may of spent more then what the PS3 costs. I understand that you and all the other xbox users are not been forced in to buy microsoft stuff you buy it if you want it.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    TBF, EVERY online store apart from Steam, costs way too much...

And with the rest of that, even though I don't like no recharging cable (not too big of a deal, but PS3 style of charge is nice) and all the others - the main thing for MS is that people are continuing to pay.

So not likely for them to be stopping anytime soon with that.
    Steam is often still more expensive than retail its just the sales that make it cheaper and there seems to be one every month or week.
    Back when the store was only in Dollars that was really expensive. that was like 2007 and before.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    I dont see the point of buy games out of the PSN STORE cuz when you done with the game you cant sell it, so i think the PSN STORE should do a buyback so you can sell the game back a get sum store money.

I got a game from the PSN STORE but im done with it i dont wanna delete it cuz its like im deleting my money.
    Last edited by SHAZZMAZZ; 02-27-2013 at 02:05.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    I dont see the point of buy games out of the PSN STORE cuz when you done with the game you cant sell it, so i think the PSN STORE should do a buyback so you can sell the game back a get sum store money.

I got a game from the PSN STORE but im done with it i dont wanna delete it cuz its like im deleting my money.
    You raise an interesting point here. The games should be substantially cheaper when buying from the store, simply because you cannot sell them like a physical copy. In other words, the digital copy has less value but they still charge the same (more sometimes).

There's no way they would do a "buyback" scheme, it wouldnt benefit them in the slightest.

I do think that the digital versions should be free to download as many times as your want after the first time (they are tied to the account and not the system). Exactly like iOS apps and such. If my PS4 then failed, I won't have to pay for my catalogue of games again, just download them. This would essentially raise the "value" of the digital version as it is 'indestructable' for as long as the servers are running.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I still do not know if i want this... I pay enough for Xbox Live, i do not want to dip into my pocket for another SERVICE
    I can't remember if it was this forum or a youtube video I posted on regarding this like 4 years ago. It's going to be an interesting generation if all 3 major console providers enter into the paid services model. Theres alot of people I've seen online that love owning all 3 consoles. But you put a monthly/yearly charge associated to each one and we'll see just how many households have more than 1 console next gen.

Every company would need to offer free online and group chat to hope to keep shelf space in homes. If only 1 does...it'll become the more appealing unit for most.

edit:
    Can't say I'm not surprised about Sony announcing a new service model. There isn't a decent cloud service on the market right now that you don't pay to use. I knew the moment Sony revealed theirs that there would be a cost to consumer. We just have to see how smart they make their moves on the pricing and packages.
    Last edited by shepard; 02-28-2013 at 15:02.

Master Poster
    They better not do this, it's a mistake if they do

Soldier 95B
    Sounds great to me.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Digital resale is actually a high possibility in the future.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Digital resale doesn't make any sense. Trading in a disc based game makes sense because a store profits off of that since they physically have that game. however, once you have a digital copy as a digital store, you have as many copies as you want. The resale for a digital copy would either take money away from Sony or the developers because who is going to buy a digital copy? sure as hell it wont be sony or the dev making the game. There is no point in a separate business model for a digital resale.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Digital resale doesn't make any sense. Trading in a disc based game makes sense because a store profits off of that since they physically have that game. however, once you have a digital copy as a digital store, you have as many copies as you want. The resale for a digital copy would either take money away from Sony or the developers because who is going to buy a digital copy? sure as hell it wont be sony or the dev making the game. There is no point in a separate business model for a digital resale.
    There could be auctions and the publishers and/or distributors can still take a cut. Digital property is still property and does have to have a reselling possibility.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/eu...ames-software/

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    I bet this means all the goody share functions are only for gold+ members so far. But i think its okay as long as gaming online is still free. PSN+ is a nice feature with all the free games and so on and with the new possibility of PS4 Sony will extend this sub model. So if u want to share or stream your stuff to your friends u will have to pay.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It would be kind of dumb to put the share button on the controller if you couldn't use it unless you're a sub. Just my thoughts.
    Yeah, if sharing video is the only thing that button is meant for.

I think we'll be able to share more than just videos so when a user clicks the share button they will get a prompt asking them what to do.

If you're a subscriber the video sharing option will be available to you. If you're not, and you click it, you will be prompted to upgrade.

Actually, even if that is meant only for video it still makes sense. They will still get a message asking them to upgrade (if someone wasn't a subscriber.)

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Digital resale is actually a high possibility in the future.
    What do you think so?
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-01-2013 at 03:52.

I don't mind if they hide all the useless applications behind a paywall like sharing video or streaming in and out of games. That's something I couldn't care less about and wont ever use. Now as long as the ability to play online non gimped in anyway without charge I am happy. They charge for that I go the way of the pc. This is the first generation I'm on the fence on whether to get a pc instead since I'm not overly impressed with the UI look, and social media integration.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    I bet this means all the goody share functions are only for gold+ members so far. But i think its okay as long as gaming online is still free. PSN+ is a nice feature with all the free games and so on and with the new possibility of PS4 Sony will extend this sub model. So if u want to share or stream your stuff to your friends u will have to pay.
    give me twitch instead of ustream and i might pay.

Master Poster
    As long as basic online gaming is free..
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    That's not exactly true.

You trade in your DD title for, let's say, $20. You want a brand new DD title for $59. You have to spend an extra $39 to get it...meanwhile the DD license you just traded away for $20 credit gets resold for $25.

Its the same thing that gamestop does...only difference is with physical medium it's easier to block out pirates and enforce "the rules". DD could possibly be the new used game medium.

Of course that's all speculation on my behalf...and I'm halfway through a bottle of whiskey so I may not have thought that out perfectly well

Are you guys actually contemplating whether digital versions of games will be resold? It will never happen. Part of the appeal for publishers is the fact on consoles and on pc(unless your a pirate) digital distribution is an end to used game sales. Look at any current digital game model out there. Non of them allow you to sell the data you purchased from them. Not a single one. To think they would allow this shows no one here understand why companies want to go full digital in the first place.

20. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    All I care about is how PS+ rolls into PS4 since I just resubbed for 15 months.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    All I care about is how PS+ rolls into PS4 since I just resubbed for 15 months.
    Are we able to keep the same PSN ID for PS4? If so then it would logical for it to carry over. However what makes sense to you and I may not to a big coproration.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Reselling won't come, maybe renting the digital copy, let's say for a month or so but not reselling. Just like MMO's.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Power Member
    Tradign digital games with fellow gamers might be a viable option there are digital serices that do allow that. It can be risky though.

But I honestly dont see anything like that happening on a console just yet.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Are we able to keep the same PSN ID for PS4? If so then it would logical for it to carry over. However what makes sense to you and I may not to a big coproration.
    I'd assume yes we keep the same PSN ID.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Are you guys actually contemplating whether digital versions of games will be resold? It will never happen. Part of the appeal for publishers is the fact on consoles and on pc(unless your a pirate) digital distribution is an end to used game sales. Look at any current digital game model out there. Non of them allow you to sell the data you purchased from them. Not a single one. To think they would allow this shows no one here understand why companies want to go full digital in the first place.
    Actually there are PC gaming services where you can indeed trade in your game licenses for in store cash. Greenmangaming for example.

Thread Information