Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    A generation 1 PS3 with Backwards compatibility? Yeah, I pretty much don't have a choice but to keep it. And with so much digital content and on disc games that I can't play on the PS4 it kinda forces me to keep it in order to finish the games I own. Especially since all that Gaikai streaming junk is most likely going to be subscription only.

2. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Oh come on man - quit it with that garbage stuff.

It's only asking for trouble.
    Garbage stuff? That is the fact. Garbage Xbox and Microsoft. Can't accept that its your problem.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Both PS3 and PS4 similar but some difference are there to play the game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    Items Iron MaidenFinal Fantasy TacticsJoker (limited ICON)Baby ChocoboLightning
    Just like I kept my PS2 for games like FFX, XII, Castlevanias, etc I will DEF keep my PS3 for games like Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. Not to mention, I can at the very least use it to outfit one more room in my house with a BlueRay Player.

PSN ID : Azimuth85

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Well, as we heard that we cannot redownload any PS3 downloadable games, themes, and etc over the PS4. I personally right now have 2 PS3 systems. One is the old 60GB model and other is slim model 160. I use both of them because I do have lots of PS1 and PS2 games were when I play and record. I use my 60GB via component cable and the slim one via HDMI cable. I might take out the slim one when I get my PS4. Because it can't play PS2 games. How about you guys?
    Don't ever sell them! I am still kicking myself for selling my old games system and games, I wish I still had all of them!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

7. Likes DarkVincent07, Metal King Slime likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Don't ever sell them! I am still kicking myself for selling my old games system and games, I wish I still had all of them!
    Yeah I'm disappointed i sold my ps1 collection. I still have most of my PS2 games though.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I won't sell anything. But my mom will get crazy when she will see a new pile of PS4 games. Because I have got piles of PS1, PS1, and PS3 games. She keeps telling me to sell them looooooooool.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Its rare that I ever replay games. So, once the PS4 comes in, my PS3 would just be a waste of space. Instead of letting it collect dust, taking space in my closet, I will get as much cash out of it and the games as I can, and let someone else enjoy using it.

Then eventually play the few PS3 games I missed on Gaikai when that is launched.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Yes. I'm never selling my ps3. There's no reason to sell it.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Ultimate Veteran
    I've told myself that I would never sell any of the consoles or games that I owned. When I was younger, I sold some PS2 games, my Game Boy Advance SP and games like Metroid Fusion, Dragon Warrior I & II, Dragon Warrior III, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Maybe in the future we'll be able to emulate some of these newer games but it won't be the same.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-01-2013 at 00:20.

13. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I've told myself that I would never sell any of the consoles or games that I owned. When I was younger, I sold some PS2 games, my Game Boy Advance SP and games like Metroid Fusion, Dragon Warrior I & II, Dragon Warrior III, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Maybe in the future we'll be able to emulate some of these newer games but it won't be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I won't sell anything. But my mom will get crazy when she will see a new pile of PS4 games. Because I have got piles of PS1, PS1, and PS3 games. She keeps telling me to sell them looooooooool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah I'm disappointed i sold my ps1 collection. I still have most of my PS2 games though.
    Yeah, I use to have a NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox (Original), N64, Gamecube, etc. with games on top of my current gen stuff, I sold most of them a while back...worst...mistake...ever! If I could turn back time I would have never got rid of any of them, I always get the urge to play some of the old games and I can't anymore...well, I can on an emulator, but it just isn't the same!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah, I use to have a NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox (Original), N64, Gamecube, etc. with games on top of my current gen stuff, I sold most of them a while back...worst...mistake...ever! If I could turn back time I would have never got rid of any of them, I always get the urge to play some of the old games and I can't anymore...well, I can on an emulator, but it just isn't the same!
    I still have plenty of SNES games. Man that system was beast!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    I only have my ps3 and psp,but not gonna sold it

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I still have plenty of SNES games. Man that system was beast!
    I have been slowly buying the systems again through Craigslist, etc., but just sucks that I got rid of them! I currently have a PS1, NES, SNES and Genesis again! My 7 year old daughter loves playing the SNES and Gameboy Color even though we got her a 3DS XL for Christmas, once the PS4 comes out I definitely plan to get Knack to get her up to speed on newer console games!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Of course I'll keep it. It's the 60GB model I bought early 2007. Despite suffering from 2 Yellow Lights, it's still working just fine!.

Dedicated Member

I always sell off my old consoles and games when I buy new ones. Between 3 consoles and the PC I never have time to go back to old games anyways. As it is I often end up struggling just to finish all of the games I have.

The only exception to that is the old Wii, which rather than being sold has simply migrated to my daughters room where it collects dust there instead of in our game room. BUT, she insisted that I put it in there.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder

21. Likes DarkVincent07, Fon , Shingo likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    How can you sell your old friend? all heartless words of yours cause pain to my eyes....
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'd never sell a console, or its games.

In time, I might get rid of some of the games I wasn't overly fond of, but I love my collection and collecting, so 95% of it all isn't going anywhere

Superior Member
    Yep just like I still have my original PS2.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Keeping mine but I will probably put it in a different room. Not sure how well a launch 20GB model (HDD has been upgraded) would sale anyways.

I will be keeping mine

I'll never make the mistake of selling a console or games that I love again.

I took about 15 years off from gaming. Kids, work and life just didn't leave me any time at all for gaming, and after a few years of moving the boxes of consoles and games around from closet to closet, I sold it all.

N64, SNES, NES and a couple of hundred games. I'd give my right nut to have it all back now.

I bought a Wii and 30 games on Craigslist for $100 on an impulse, man what I was missing. It had Super Mario Wii, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and all of the other usual suspects that I love. But it also had some amazing GameCube games as well. Metroid Prime and Echoes, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Pikmin 1 and 2 and Zelda Wind Waker to name the best ones.

I spent hundreds of dollars buying up old games and consoles. 2 N64 and 2 Wii's with GameCube compatibility. 3 GameCubes and lots and lots of games. I stood in line to get my Wii U, and I'll have my pre-order PS4 on release day as well.

I won't miss another console release in my lifetime, and I won't ever again sell a console or game that I don't hate.

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    I waited SO long for the white PS3 to come to North America, and now that I finally have one; YES, I will be holding onto it even when the PS4 drops. I will also keep my PS3 game library just because, why not? I like having collections. I am buying my friends old white PS2 Slim pretty soon here and will go on Amazon.ca and buy up all the great PS2 exclusives, even though there will be a virtual library on the PS4. Why? Once again, I simply like having a collection.

29. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post

I never sell old systems. I'm sitting at 11 video game systems right now. No reason to get rid of when I still play the old stuff.

Thread Information