Apprentice

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (2007), Uncharted 2 (2009), Uncharted 3 (2011)

Never noticed this until now. See the pattern here? Anybody think we'll see Uncharted 4 as a launch title? Can't wait until E3.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Never noticed this until now. See the pattern here? Anybody think we'll see Uncharted 4 as a launch title? Can't wait until E3.
    I'd say it's highly probably, the real question is will they do a PS3 & PS4 version like some other games are being done?

I think this is the real reason behind them doing 'The Last of US' instead of going straight to work on U4.

One could speculate that they've maxed out what they could get out of the PS3 system, have the engine done and working story and are working to make a spectacular engine on PS4 and come out with U4 (on either PS4 only or both - that's the tricky part.)

One way or another, I'm sure we'll find out at E3.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I noticed that too, I can't wait for E3, I am willing to bet serious money that Uncharted 4 will be a launch title!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Hmm, never noticed that. It would be a great idea to have either U4 or a new ND IP launch alongside the PS4. It will definitely move more consoles if there were great games from the start.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes with each realeas the number went up by one.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I'd say it's highly probably, the real question is will they do a PS3 & PS4 version like some other games are being done?

I think this is the real reason behind them doing 'The Last of US' instead of going straight to work on U4.

One could speculate that they've maxed out what they could get out of the PS3 system, have the engine done and working story and are working to make a spectacular engine on PS4 and come out with U4 (on either PS4 only or both - that's the tricky part.)

As I have read an article long time ago, Uncharted 4 will be coming out for the PS4.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post

Good post. It will be interesting to see if they do cross gen. Although, having Uncharted 4 just on PS4 IMO would be a system seller that it needs to get Sony off to a great start. It would be that killer launch title you just have to have.

I can't wait to see what they've done with the PS4 (graphics wise). Guess we should expect to see something at E3.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Yes with each realeas the number went up by one.
    Haha.

Veteran
    Hopefully this is something Sony is saving for E3. This would put them over the top.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    They're not going to announce U4 before The Last of Us. TLoU is released a few days before E3 isn't it? Perfect for an Uncharted 4 announcement at E3.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Super Elite
    Uncharted 4, if announced, would be met with polite, formal, well-contained excitement, an expected move from a talented studio.

Jak 4, if announced, would be met by cries of joy, echoes of jubilance bounding off the walls, stompings of feet, champagne glasses rocketing into the air, and a profusion of moans and orgasms so great that the sound barrier would release whisks of steam into the air, so hot and heavy would the exhalations be. Also, the E3 screens would melt from the resulting sex orgy.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    As much as I would love an Uncharted 4 game, I doubt we will see it in the first year of the PS4's life. Naughty Dog is known for showing off their work, they like to build hype and give fans a peek at what to expect. If we have not seen anything on this game yet, then I doubt it even exists.

Elite Member
    Isnt nd working on another project, I forget what its called now but its an ambitious one. I would love U4 on ps4 release though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The team that made uncharted 3 is working on something else but I suspect once tlou gets close to completion they'll start migrating to help out on the next title

Sent from my Note II

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    The gamer in me says yes!

But realistically, I think the best we could expect for U4 is launch window​.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I actually think there will not be an uncharted 4, naughty dog themselves said that with new hardware they like to work on new ip's hence why we didn't get Jak4 on the ps3 and why they ended uncharted as a trilogy on the ps3 (at work and on my phone so I can't or will not look for the article). Expect something new for the ps4! BELIEVE

Sent from my Note II

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ash91 View Post
    They're not going to announce U4 before The Last of Us. TLoU is released a few days before E3 isn't it? Perfect for an Uncharted 4 announcement at E3.
    I completely agree with you. After the Last Of Us is out then we will hear the news on U4.
    Cracy.jpg

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Uncharted is a proven franchise that can sell millions of copies. It would be stupid to release a multimillion selling game at the launch of a console, it's better to wait until there is a wide enough install base to purchase it.

Imagine U4 with a day 1 release. How many fans would $#@! on SONY for not being to play it right away due to a lack of hardware availability?

They could bank on the fact that the game "has legs" but the profit is higher at the beginning of the games life when it's fully priced.

I think ND will release a new IP and it will be...

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

19. Likes RyanGT likes this post

Thread Information