Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    All 12 SCEWWS making PS4 games...Unmatched I'd say.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    All 12 SCEWWS making PS4 games...Unmatched I'd say.
    Indeed, unmatched at 12 studios.

From those 12 studios comes 16 teams. ND and SSM both have 2 teams. GG has 3 teams. I can't wait to see their new i.p's.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-02-2013 at 07:44.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Indeed, unmatched at 12 studios.

From those 12 studios comes 16 teams. ND and SSM both have 2 teams. GG has 3 teams. I can't wait to see their new i.p's.
    God Damn! That's a wonderful foundation to have.

I hope one of those studios take over the SOCOM franchise...we need some Socrack on the ps4

Sent from my Note II
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 03-02-2013 at 08:11.

4. Likes Omar likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Sent from my Note II
    It's amazing that studios creating "flops" are able to expand and continue the "flop" series along with new i.p's

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

I hope one of those studios take over the SOCOM franchise...we need some Socrack on the ps4

Sent from my Note II
    Give this man a beer. SOCOM on PS4 would make my day!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Give this man a beer. SOCOM on PS4 would make my day!

Young doesn't want the ps4 Socom to be anything like Socom 4.

Soldier 95B
    Ok?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Far from it (that piss of $#@! abortion) but I'll take anything at this point! Tired of first person military shooters

Sent from my Note II

Soldier 95B
    SOCOM, all versions, are aces in my book. Looking forward to a new one. I am hoping to see more of 45's ass though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    $#@! no! The next one will be a reboot, they'll start afresh. I don't think any studio wants to be associated with that trash.

Sent from my Note II

Soldier 95B
    $#@! that. 4 was awesome.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    microsoft lost me as a customer very early on this gen. 3 rrod's in the span of 2 months. so i got a ps3 and never looked back. if MS is going to sway me to their side they better have a huge $#@!-ton of exclusives rather than just some early dlc or exclusive multiplayer maps. im getting a ps4 no question.ms has to really impress me to get another dime from me.

Tacos Rule!

Soldier 95B
    Based on last year alone MS has my future Xbox business.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    If the next Xbox gets a proper Fable IV, or something exclusive akin to Mass Effect, then that will peak my interest. Otherwise, I really don't have any interest in their exclusive franchises.

I never liked Halo, I don't like sim racers (so I don't like GT or Forza), and I've been burnt out with Gears. So Fable is the only franchise I'm still interested in.

Forum Sage
    Unless they completely overhaul the series I'd prefer them to entirely ditch Fable and work on a new IP.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    If the next Xbox gets a proper Fable IV, or something exclusive akin to Mass Effect, then that will peak my interest. Otherwise, I really don't have any interest in their exclusive franchises.

I never liked Halo, I don't like sim racers (so I don't like GT or Forza), and I've been burnt out with Gears. So Fable is the only franchise I'm still interested in.
    This.

I'd love for a new Mass Effect-type series. Except you know, get devs who know how to end a trilogy properly...

I'm not too much of a Sim racer guy anymore - that died down as soon as there were more games that came out and less time to play them.

So more Forza Horizon type of racing games would be ideal. PGR i heard was good too, but never really played it. I would love if they made Fable more 'serious' too. Main reason why I never bothered playing too far into them.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    If MS goes about how they did the first few years I owned a 360, I'll be happy. I don't want another Halo, Forza, or Gears. It's stale imo. I enjoyed my xbox for the first few years then after a few RRODs I said what's the point in this thing. I never see anything that peaks my interest. So traded it for a new PS3 slim and used my 60gb for a blu ray player. Never had any buyers remorse. MS just got too $#@!y. They went at it with brute force with the staple exclusives and didn't really go much outside of that except for that god forsaken Motion device BS. Sony kept me happy to this very day with 1st party.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer
    Bungie should've done with Halo 2 and on what they did with Halo on Xbox...I think they never truly returned to their glory days. I mean, there was nothing like halo back when it was out.

I just never got that feeling again. Although I never played anything after 2...from the look of it, it seemed similar...or actually, different but not Halo. and when it did feel the same, i felt that they need to blow us away, rather than cater to the core fans only.

I have a simple idea for Sony to revive SOCOM.

Bring ALL the features all SOCOM games ever had, then make the gameplay more smooth and arcadey. Then take out armor...bring back all the modes...throw in some 64 vs 64 and I'm in (ok maybe not 128 players but at least 32 vs 32).

That's all they need, they could make it a generic shooter and it'll sell really well.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-07-2013 at 02:46.

20. Likes Updator likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I have a simple idea for Sony to revive SOCOM.

Bring ALL the features all SOCOM games ever had, then make the gameplay more smooth and arcadey. Then take out armor...bring back all the modes...throw in some 64 vs 64 and I'm in (ok maybe not 128 players but at least 32 vs 32).

That's all they need, they could make it a generic shooter and it'll sell really well.
    Exactly, it doesn't have to become so realistic that it ends up being boring, let the guns be realistic (Recoil, sound, characteristics) but the player movement should be a little bit Arcadey. Let us customize how fast we want to turn and look up or down. And yes bring back all the modes and features from previous titles. Remove or keep sprint doesn't bother me either way. Encumbrance (light medium or heavy) didn't bother me as much. And the most important part, make it a true 3rd person shooter! The soldiers are already aiming down sight (that's why the guns are up), no need to press L1 to aim down sight.

Sorry for straying off topic but It's just mind boggling how some Devs just don't get it. There somethings that where done on socom 2/3 and combined assault that should be standard in all multiplayer games (shooters) that Devs overlooked. After playing socom, every other multiplayer shooter out there just seems plain to me. Everything is not about perks or unlocking weapons and camo's. There's something about socom that made it special, hopefully another dev/publisher will have something similar to socom on the next Gen consoles...if not, I'm keeping my ps3 and will keep playing confrontation until they shut down the servers.

BOT: the ps4 is already a day one for me (by default), MS just needs that killer app (game) that will make me want one from day one! I believe they will deliver in that department but I also have a feeling it will be a 3rd party exclusive that will end up getting released on the ps4. Still hoping and praying that they'll show killer instincts! Even if it's just the name

Sent from my Note II
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 03-07-2013 at 08:35.

Banned

I'm just pleasantly surprised this thread didn't degrade into list wars. I'm looking forward to both!

Veteran
    Sony has a much stronger quantity of first-party studios and they have successfully continued to maintain good-to-high quality software while staying fresh with new IPs. Since the core gamer market is a diverse breed in terms of gaming tastes, this puts their quantity merit at an edge over Microsoft's lineup of studios that may also deliver quality gaming, but are far smaller in quantity.

It remains strong for Sony looking ahead, too, with new IPs (TLoU, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Knack, Drive Club), recently-established IPs that still have legs (Uncharted, inFamous), and legacy IPs that have remained household names (God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo). Microsoft has strong success with Halo and Gears and Kinect games that seem to resonate with its own demographic and we don't know what they have next on the new console...all of which is respectable but less promising than Sony's arsenal, especially when Microsoft is on a downward slide in terms of gaming support over the years while Sony's has actually grown.

The deciding factor is going to be Sony hitting the ground running with a larger quantity of competent gaming offerings next generation. And if they're lucky, a stronger games console under the PS4's hood, too.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-09-2013 at 03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

I doubt Fable will be saved. I still consider the first fable to be the best and that is when I played it on the PC. Fable 2 and 3 were pretty lame in my opinion. I hated the fact they did away with the armor. However, because of the indie dev support that the PS4 is offering, I think we are going to see a good sum of games that are awesome. And of course we will see a lot of crap at the same time. lolz

Oh and Ixion, I would look forward to the new Tool sometime close to the end of this year, august at the least but I don't have an actual date.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

25. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I doubt Fable will be saved. I still consider the first fable to be the best and that is when I played it on the PC. Fable 2 and 3 were pretty lame in my opinion. I hated the fact they did away with the armor. However, because of the indie dev support that the PS4 is offering, I think we are going to see a good sum of games that are awesome. And of course we will see a lot of crap at the same time. lolz

Oh and Ixion, I would look forward to the new Tool sometime close to the end of this year, august at the least but I don't have an actual date.
    I liked Fable more than 2. I never got around to 3.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Sony has a much stronger quantity of first-party studios and they have successfully continued to maintain good-to-high quality software while staying fresh with new IPs. Since the core gamer market is a diverse breed in terms of gaming tastes, this puts their quantity merit at an edge over Microsoft's lineup of studios that may also deliver quality gaming, but are far smaller in quantity.

It remains strong for Sony looking ahead, too, with new IPs (TLoU, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Knack, Drive Club), recently-established IPs that still have legs (Uncharted, inFamous), and legacy IPs that have remained household names (God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo). Microsoft has strong success with Halo and Gears and Kinect games that seem to resonate with its own demographic and we don't know what they have next on the new console...all of which is respectable but less promising than Sony's arsenal, especially when Microsoft is on a downward slide in terms of gaming support over the years while Sony's has actually grown.

The deciding factor is going to be Sony hitting the ground running with a larger quantity of competent gaming offerings next generation. And if they're lucky, a stronger games console under the PS4's hood, too.
    My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Ancient
    Is this a joke thread?
    Comparing Sony's first parties to MS's first party is like comparing Wal-Mart to a corner shop
    3rd party exclusives at the beginning of the generation is a different story, MS had it on lock down
    But first party, especially now is a joke by any standards for MS

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information