Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

Damn essay... Help?

Topic Question: “Consider a time you yielded to what others expected or wanted, going against your own wishes or beliefs. What did you learn from this?

I'm stuck on this topic. I can't think of anything. Any idea's PSU?

I have no idea what to write about and it need's to be 600 words.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    It should be your experience i think...

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

Apprentice
    I'm drawing a blank. That's the problem.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Try to imagine someone else's expereince or ask your parnets...somebody will help yo

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Ohhh man don't remind me about that $#@!. I remember one Spanish girl she was so smart. I used to buy for her perfumes and she did my essay lol.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Doesn't seem difficult really. Has nobody ever asked you to do something or help with something with you thinking "damnit i don't feel like doing it" but doing it? Haha happens all the time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    make $#@! up
    This always works too.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    make $#@! up
    ^THIS!!

however, here's one for you (depends on your teacher if you choose to do it):

"Consider a time you yielded to what others expected or wanted, going against your own wishes or beliefs. What did you learn from this?"

"i wanted to hang out at the [insert hobby] but instead i had to do an essay of some boring ass topic "

you've yielded from your own personal desire for freedom only to fulfil the expectation of your teachers syllabus

i can't speak for your teachers, but the tongue and cheek would have gotten me some cookie points with my English teachers
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    make $#@! up
    This is wht I did for the majority of my schooling.If it has to be long, make up a long winded story, if only 1/2 a page - 1 page just take a real life example and babble on about it.Like a time when friends encouraged you to drink alcohol when you didn't want to or shouldn't have, and make up a bunch of $#@! that happened because of that one choice.Let us know how you go

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    make $#@! up
    This. I had a similar essay to write in RE (only took it as I'm an athiest and wanted to expand my knowledge on religion), I just wrote some bull$#@! on something and managed to get an A* on that piece of coursework.

Unbound Mercenary
    Yep, sounds like a more personal essay, but what it is pretty much asking is..

When have you put someone elses wants before your own? Then write about that life experience.

Not to hard.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    you could just read the bible
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Seems easy it would be a time you did something someone asked and you went thru it.

Like took advise from your parents to go to a certain school or do a certain thing and you followed you and while you were in that situation you learned something ect ect

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    600 words? Try an 8000 word dissertation I have due in a month from now. I'm freaking out!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

14. Likes holly, Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    600 words? Try an 8000 word dissertation I have due in a month from now. I'm freaking out!
    Lol How much have you done so far?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    make $#@! up
    I've done this many times. Works wonders. They can't verify if it's true or not anyway. Just don't say you fought a dragon when everyone thought it'd be a bad idea.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Apprentice
    I just made $#@! up about lending someone money and how I don't believe in it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    There you go.

I did an essay one time for Honors English in college about the rising obesity and starvation epidemics in the world... and I proposed that we feed all the fat people to the starving to solve the problem. The teacher wasn't very fond of the idea and made me rewrite it with less cannibalism. Pfft...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    There you go.

I did an essay one time for Honors English in college about the rising obesity and starvation epidemics in the world... and I proposed that we feed all the fat people to the starving to solve the problem. The teacher wasn't very fond of the idea and made me rewrite it with less cannibalism. Pfft...

I think it made it worse that someone else had to read my essay out loud.

That was one unfunny group of classmates, though... holy crap. They took everything so seriously. They all just glared at me. It's not like I was being serious. -_-

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    8000 words? Try a 22000 word bachelor thesis I sat on for three months straight!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    8000 words? Try a 22000 word bachelor thesis I sat on for three months straight!
    Holy hell, that's insane!.

A 600 word essay is literally nothing. 2,000+ is quite the norm for me. My suggestion is the same as everyone else: Make $#@! up!. But be detailed about it, that usually stretches your essay significantly.

Here's a friendly example.

Ordinary:
    I've always had a knack at cooking so my family and friends would always encourage me to study culinary to become a chef. But that's not what I want to do in life. What I've always dreamed of doing is become a space pirate.

Extended:
    At the age of eight I've always been curious about my mother's talent in cooking. I've tried many dishes from fine restaurants since we would always go out on a Saturday for dinner, but they lacked the authenticity of fine cuisine that my mother creates in the kitchen.

Having more patience then most, mother was more than happy to teach me. It turned out awful at first, starting out with the most basic of steps but with a combination of patience and dedication I was beginning to prepare exquisite meals. It was only something to understand and a skill to use once I start to live on my own. Never did I picture myself doing this for a living but before I knew it, everyone I was acquainted with expected me to become a fine chef.

I've reiterated in the past how I've always wanted to become a space pirate but my family and peers would look at me with an expression of disbelief, sometimes not even taking me seriously with the idea that I was being coy. It was like if it was set in stone that my future was to become a cook. Perhaps I would garner enough merit to build a great name for myself, one admired by chefs around the country if I did pursue such a career.

That would happen if I had a passion for it. Growing up with that notion, lacking the support of everyone around me was hard because that's not what I want to do and I will never make their expectations happen. Even now, despite the opposition, my dream of one day riding on a well-respected space pirate ship will become a reality. Becoming something you don't want to be might give you wealth and a name worth mention but it will never make you happy.

^The extended version is like a third of your essay, took me ten or so minutes to make up. Write something from the top of your mind and add details afterward. It can be quite fun once you get used to it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Did you finish it?

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information