Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Banned

Smartglass and Xbox gaming...

2. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Banned

4. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't get it. Like yeah it could be useful for some things like walkthroughs or achievement hunting, but like, looking that far down and away from the tv just to see a few stats that could easily be seen either on-screen or from a pause menu in other games seems pointless to me.

The time you take to glance at the tablet it still you looking away from the tv 'interrupting' your game...

Even if it was used for multiplayer like a score table... press select and see it in the same place you are looking.

Also, 'screens simulated' doesn't impress.

Of course use it in creative ways and I'm listening, but this just seems half assed

EDIT: The forze example, is much better, but still... you can do that through the start button like how it is easy access leaning over to fiddle when you could stay in the same position looking at the TV and fiddle in menus. Still pretty novelty for now
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 02-26-2013 at 10:27.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Looks like a really cool feature.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This can go to hell on the same train as kinect. This sort of $#@! is not earning them any points with me.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Kind of cool, but looks immensely distracting.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This can go to hell on the same train as kinect. This sort of $#@! is not earning them any points with me.
    Yep same here. This is the same kind of crap MS will propably be boring us with at their 720 presentation in April. Core games will definitely take a backseat to Kinect 2.0, OS features and connectivity to Live through tablets, mobile phones, etc. along with watching TV shows and sports.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    [...] connectivity to Live through tablets, mobile phones, etc. [...]
    ...but that's similar to what Sony is doing.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    ...but that's similar to what Sony is doing.
    Sure but Sony is still putting the focal point on games. And games are what they showed us. The other stuff was secondary.

Administrator
    Sure but Sony is still putting the focal point on games. And games are what they showed us. The other stuff was secondary.
    Of course. With MS it feels rather gimmicky (as with most things they do these days). We'll see, I guess.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    i don't think there is anything MS could do to get points from you..
    i'm sure your mate will be along to agree with you soon..

Yep same here. This is the same kind of crap MS will propably be boring us with at their 720 presentation in April. Core games will definitely take a backseat to Kinect 2.0, OS features and connectivity to Live through tablets, mobile phones, etc. along with watching TV shows and sports.
    low and behold, your agree monkey has shown up..

take the blinkers off, those are two core games and MS is showing you how to get something extra from them.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Of course. With MS it feels rather gimmicky (as with most things they do these days). We'll see, I guess.
    MS boss saw the money that Nintendo made last gen and they want that pie, that was the push they have made for the 360 and we will see it in full swing with the nextbox.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    amazing. I hope they go into this in lots of detail at their event

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    MS boss saw the money that Nintendo made last gen and they want that pie, that was the push they have made for the 360 and we will see it in full swing with the nextbox.
    I want pie. ;[

Sony had some failed attempts at new functionality because they were afterthoughts and not a main focus, like PS3 and Vita connectivity... which kind of sucks right now, but will be amazing with PS4.

I'm still eager to see what MS has to offer with the Nextbox... I just haven't been all too floored with 360 this gen.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    I want pie. ;[

Sony had some failed attempts at new functionality because they were afterthoughts and not a main focus, like PS3 and Vita connectivity... which kind of sucks right now, but will be amazing with PS4.

I'm still eager to see what MS has to offer with the Nextbox... I just haven't been all too floored with 360 this gen.
    I think we will see some cool stuff from MS, but honestly, I think their focus will be the causal gamers they have been courting for the past 2 years with Kinect.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    I think we will see some cool stuff from MS, but honestly, I think their focus will be the causal gamers they have been courting for the past 2 years with Kinect.
    Yay... Kinect. :/

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I would rather pause the game instead of looking at my smartphone, ect. for the features shown in these videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

take the blinkers off, those are two core games
    You forgot two games

Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-26-2013 at 18:47.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Superior Member
    I think this is a great feature and has many potential uses. Sony and MS are both going this route. MS has Smart Glass and Sony has already announced a similar connection via Android and iOS. Of course this is built in to the WiiU controller but using your owns phone or tablet is a much better set-up.

This is much more useful than Kinect. No comparison really.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I think there's great potential for this. I just wish devs (understandably, that there are resources to keep in mind would implement some cool functionality with these things.

I think Smartglass and even Sony/Android tablets and PlayStation devices have great potential for this. Even more so that the Wii Tablet Although the Wii tablet has forced functionality which at least is being used.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Guru

I think it's a great way to get my girl involved in a game, so she can feel like she is doing something and being left out. I have the controller she has the tablet win win.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    They demoed the smartglass with Watch Dogs at e3. It serves as an eextra screen separate from your tv to track team players individually.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This feature could really come in handy for next gen sports games. Using smart glass to pick your plays in a football game could be something they could do. It would be cool to pick your plays without having those overlays on screen for the game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This feature could really come in handy for next gen sports games. Using smart glass to pick your plays in a football game could be something they could do. It would be cool to pick your plays without having those overlays on screen for the game.
    lol yeah I'd love that.

Be awesome. Or even create plays using that.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I see how SmartGlass could be used to really enhance some games, but I also see the potential of a ton of dross being pushed out with token gesture integration. The idea is a sound one, it will be the implementation of it by the development houses that will determine its success.

I'd for one like to be able to navigate all the Borderlands 2 menu screens without having to pull it up on the tv screen (especially when I play split screen coop). Just my preference.

​aka Sparc

Forum Overseer
    It's a cool feature but I don't know how effective it is. Meaning, how long before you stop using it because it's getting in your way.

Thread Information