Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Haha we're rushing into conclusions with no evidences so far. I don't think Microsoft will make an utter stupid move to keep gamers away. They're competing to each other from day 1 so any advantage will be critical for both.

I'll keep my opinion until then... April is not that far ahead.
    Well, to that end, I somewhat agree. There is plenty of time, even if MS was toying with this type of strategy, for them to change their mind. I think it deserves to be said that they must have some kind of deal in the works that they would feel awfully confident about to offset the bad news/press they would get if they went in this direction.

IMHO, I assume that they will have an incredibly aggressive pricing strategy for the machine itself to evangelize offsetting the cost of buying new games to the consumer. It would seem to coincide with a lot of the banter around the net that they want to move to an almost completely subscription based strategy. Perhaps, for $100 a year, you won't even have to buy the XBox720, you just rent it and get a gold level account. After all, if the next gen lasts as long as the current gen, that essentially means you paid 7-$800 for your Xbox and as the units become cheaper to manufacture, it offsets the loss of profitability per unit as the gen moves forward.

All supposition, but, I also believe when there is this much smoke, there is likely a fire. If they did "watermark" the game discs, then you couldn't cancel your subscription and keep your game library. You'd be given great incentive to keep your Live account up were that the case, which would translate well into the next-next generation and beyond.
    Last edited by Lefein; 02-28-2013 at 15:09.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Where are you buying your games from lol???

I just bought...

Ni No Kuni 34.99
    Tomb Raider pre ordered 31.85 (Xbox)
    GOW Asc pre ordered 38.86
    Crysis 3 37 (Xbox)

You seriously need to buy your games elsewhere if your getting charged 49.99.
    I'll guarantee you that at the start of the next gen the games for those consoles will be around the 50 mark. They will come down over time and as the generation ages, but they'll be premium at the start - that's what I was referring to.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I'll guarantee you that at the start of the next gen the games for those consoles will be around the 50 mark. They will come down over time and as the generation ages, but they'll be premium at the start - that's what I was referring to.
    That always happens though, When the 360 came out games were priced 44.99-49.99

We have really cheap games now due to the end of the 360 & PS3's lifecycle.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Haha we're rushing into conclusions with no evidences so far. I don't think Microsoft will make an utter stupid move to keep gamers away. They're competing to each other from day 1 so any advantage will be critical for both.

I'll keep my opinion until then... April is not that far ahead.
    Same here. There is no way they would block used games if Sony wasn't.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information