Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games

Community Opinions Feedback, Questions and Discussion Thread

* Credit to spyrde for his great work!

IT'S HERE GUYS!!

I'm very pleased to announce the next phase of our community project: Community Opinions. We want to bridge the gap between PSU and the community. That continues with your thoughts on anything and everything. Be it something about next-gen consoles, developers, technology or rumors. Community Opinions is about expressing your thoughts about our favorite hobby with the community and a chance to see your work on the front page of PSU!

This section is also a proving ground for would be writers, so those that are interested have a chance at more than just front page news. More on that soon enough. For some inspirational ideas on what kind of articles we are looking for, here are some examples from PSU on how you could write your opinion piece:

Why Assassin's Creed needs to visit Victorian London

3 reasons why Raiden is just as badass as Solid Snake

Defiance: Can an MMO/TV show hybrid really work?

Square Enix wasted a console generation, but it's not too late for redemption

Guidelines:

Now, there has to be some order for this to work. We want to see your efforts in a fun, structured setting that doesn't take itself too seriously but has some general rules to keep order. It's pretty simple, just post a new thread in this section and follow these basic guidelines. Don't worry about needing to be some super writer, this section is for everybody. A community spotlight for anyone to chime in with their thoughts.

For Kyle, an awesome PSU editor who might consider what will be front page material, PSU will be looking for three core values labeled P S U. Those aiming to make their mark on the front page, adhere to this sick acronym that only the gods could have created:

Keep in mind P S U is not mandatory to write an opinion piece, merely a reference.

Thread Title: Very important. Make it stick out, but make sure it's explaining what the article is about. Don't try to mislead the reader. Use [OPINION] followed by your personal title.

i.e. [OPINION] Graphics aren't everything

If it's a rumor, use [RUMOR]. There isn't any crazy rules here, just make it catchy. Look at the examples from PSU above to get an idea.

Word Count: Aim for 500-2000 words. If it's a little over, no big deal. If you go below 500, it won't be added.

Graphics: Not mandatory, but a few pics can really spruce up a piece. Especially if you are trying to discuss rumors or explain different parts of hardware. Never hurts if talking about Kojima and his master plans to find one of his many awesome mug shots to compliment your work.

Conclusion: Make sure to wrap up your thoughts with a nice end that really pops. Given that these are here to discuss your opinion, ending with a question is a viable option. It gives the reader a chance to give their input to your work and potentially generate a great thread.

Database: Because opinion pieces can vary from PS4 to individual developers, the database will feature article by date posted followed by author. You can find the database here, housing one day some of the greatest pieces of writing ever conceived. Each will be a link to their thread, with the thread title clearly stated. For those wondering how it will look (primarily my indexers), here's an example:

February 2013

Will Sony show off more games before E3? - Sir_Scud
    Keys for Microsoft to beat Sony this year - DeviousOne
    Wii U's third party support in question - Lethal_NFS

March 2013

Blizzard's attempts are underwhelming -DarkVincent07

This is the setup for now. When the year passes, it will be in spoiler tags making room for 2014.

Community Rank:

Each piece you write gives you a chance to rank up. This rank will coincide with the Community Reviews section, so either option can earn you a new tier in the rankings. This way people have a shot at beating Lethal to be the first Whale, Shark or maybe even Crab. There won't be a Hall of Fame here, but if you write a lot of opinion pieces you can still be added to the other guideline thread as the first person to reach a rank that was not Lethal.

bros of the primordial ooze

single cell organism (1 review/article)
    plankton (3 reviews/articles)
    sea horse (5 reviews/articles)
    lil fishy (10 reviews/articles)

Denizens Of The Deep

Deadly Pirahna Swarm (15 reviews/articles)
    Mega Stingray (20 reviews/articles)

Cold Killer Whale (25 reviews/articles)
    Great White Shark (30 reviews/articles)

MONSTERS OF THE ABYSS

GIANT ENEMY CRAB (40 reviews)/articles)
    KRAKEN KING (50 reviews/articles)

MEGALADON GHOST (60 reviews/articles)
    LEGENDARY LEVIATHAN (75 reviews/articles)

D0LPH1NS OF T3H UND3RW4T3R C4V3

D0LPH1N (100 reviews/articles)

Keep in mind this is the early goings, there's a lot more to cover. With this section in beta form, expect changes every now and then. This thread alone will have some alterations soon enough, but with that said start posting your opinions!

I'll keep this thread open for discussion and thoughts. Changes can still be made to the process, but this means you can start posting new threads and I'll add them to the database! I'm very excited to see what the PSU community has to say!
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 04-15-2013 at 21:37.

2. Likes Admartian , Kuro likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like this idea.

Doing a real good job scud. Living up to your avatar.

BODYMORE!
    Be Together - Not the same.

4. Likes StevenW , KyleOnTheRun , Sir_Scud likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Lol, thanks ad. I'm still tinkering with both of these new threads. So check back in. I might be sick, but I'm getting this $#@! going!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Awesome stuff scud!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Thanks Kuro! I'm just really excited to see the next phase finally hit. There's still some things to iron out for sure. Basically, you guys are free to write opinion pieces. In fact, I encourage it With all this news circulating around next gen, I'm really interested in reading some good pieces.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I may write a few things lol I used too.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

9. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Sounds good, Kuro! I think this will be a nice feature to coincide with writing reviews! Plus, I think we need some fresh bros of the primordial ooze!

11. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Good job. It seems you have your head in the right place so kudos.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

13. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Cheers, Sir_Scud. You've really helped this section flourish, but we're only getting started. I know you can (and will) encourage the community to share their gaming thoughts and help PSU grow. I can't wait to read our community's first submissions!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Oh yes, this just the beginning. This is just the groundwork, there's more to come

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Great idea! I like how involved PSU is with the community now! Keep it up.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Gotta say, I really like that graphic Anyways, working on an opinion piece for you all to see. Hopefully inspire a few of you to enter something as well!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Tip: Edit OP, click advanced, delete title field. Then the OP wont have the thread title in it, just that sexy image. Good idea for the review index too. After a few edits it seems to come back so you have to go into advanced and delete it again, or just always edit in advanced and make sure you always delete it.

19. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Im so late to this party I been pre occupied lately LOL from what i read sounds great I'll want to see a few people write up some things before i throw my hat in. Im looking forward to contributing to this section as well.

Great job sir!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Thanks D. You really should take a crack at it! Surely you have an opinion on something. As long as it's 500 words, go for it! The rules are pretty lax. It definitely doesn't take as long as writing a review. Just nice to lay down an opinion on something and get a discussion going.

Thread Information