Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Vita out old Wii U

incoming Wii U is dead articles all over the net

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Vita out old Wii U

It wouldn't be the first time though it's good to see a bump in PS Vita sales.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Vita out old Wii U

I think that already happened.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It happened before Wii U launched lol

The thing is Wii U is doing poorly because of lack of games (same as Vita), but what it has coming WILL save it, Vita doesn't really have anything big coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    When pokemon drops...95% will be 3ds sales smh lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

6. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    I always thought the Wii U would be a failure but in the back of my mind, I kept thinking that Nintendo had the magic stick. They still might sell it well but with Sony and now upcoming MS' reveal on E3 might hurt them more.

Though I think Wii U is its own enemy...it's out at the wrong time with the wrong tech and lack of services that people want.

The reason why Nintendo always wins the handheld market is because of games...you need games, not gimmicks.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Once they drop some first party IP's it'll turn around right now anit $#@! going on with it LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    When pokemon drops...95% will be 3ds sales smh lol
    Yep. Nintendo's #1 market is the handhelds which is why it won't be bad at all if the Wii U is their last console, their next handheld will probably be more powerful than the Wii U so all games moving onto it will be perfectly fine, and no doubt it'll have an HDMI port to play it on your HDTV, which is what the Vita should have had.

Getting a bit too far ahead with that though, but I think Wind Waker HD will boost it in North America though not sure about Japan after Skyward Sword did quite poorly, either Japans tired of LoZ, or they want it on the 3DS more. Dragon Quest X will help even if it only does the same amount as the Wii version (once again nowhere near the handheld sales, look at DQ9).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yep. Nintendo's #1 market is the handhelds which is why it won't be bad at all if the Wii U is their last console, their next handheld will probably be more powerful than the Wii U so all games moving onto it will be perfectly fine, and no doubt it'll have an HDMI port to play it on your HDTV, which is what the Vita should have had.

Getting a bit too far ahead with that though, but I think Wind Waker HD will boost it in North America though not sure about Japan after Skyward Sword did quite poorly, either Japans tired of LoZ, or they want it on the 3DS more. Dragon Quest X will help even if it only does the same amount as the Wii version (once again nowhere near the handheld sales, look at DQ9).
    I doubt Wii U will be their last, there has to be market out there that don't want to spend a lot on next-gen but also don't want PS3/360.

They probably just need to cling on to the casuals...but they should already be doing that and who's to say Wii U will fail? They had a rough start...not bad for a console but for a Nintendo console, it's rough...I think they'll do fine.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Hard to say if DQX will give much of a sales boost to Wii U hardware or not and if it does if it will just be something that lasts for awhile or just a week or two. What Nintendo needs is not a momentary boost but something that can consistently carry to system for a few months. There is a chance it will not even sale near the same amount as the Wii version did.

The problem with Wind Waker HD boosting hardware sales for the Wii U in the US is that the next Xbox and PS4 will be near release. I think the game itself may have decent sales (mainly from current Wii U owners) but I am not sure it will convince consumers to potentially give up buying the next Xbox and/or PS4 for a Wii U to play Wind Waker HD.

This may be the same for other Nintendo first-party titles being released this fall/winter. The software may do decent but it may not give the Wii U the boost it needs. The Wii U may end up being another Gamecube for Nintendo; good to great software sales that didn't translate into good to great (and consistent) hardware sales.

One of the big questions that had yet to be answered is how well Nintendo is going to handle the transition to making HD games and if they can make them on a consistent basis. Without third-party support they need the transition to go well and release games on a fairly consistent basic to avoid the Wii U being another Gamecube or worse.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    If Nintendo's next handheld is actually a powerful bit of kit, on the same level as the Vita or thereabouts, I'd probably get one. And I'm not a hand held gamer at all. The last one I had was the second gen gameboy which didn't see much use.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I doubt Wii U will be their last, there has to be market out there that don't want to spend a lot on next-gen but also don't want PS3/360.

They probably just need to cling on to the casuals...but they should already be doing that and who's to say Wii U will fail? They had a rough start...not bad for a console but for a Nintendo console, it's rough...I think they'll do fine.
    I wouldn't complain at all if Nintendo went Handheld only. That might work...

but yeah, I dont see anyone giving up anytime soon

14. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information