Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 119
  1. #51
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,236
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,304 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Well we haven't seen any direct feed Killzone footage yet.
    Not sure what you mean. The Killzone demonstration was gameplay... this has been confirmed.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  2. #52
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,236
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,304 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes... and Jimmy Fallon played (I use the term "played" loosely as he sucked) the game on his show.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  3. #53
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,486
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,616 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The Killzone demonstration was gameplay... this has been confirmed.
    People still done believe it Munky.
    Its too glorious






  4. #54
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    245 (0 Banked)
    Not overlly impressed at all. Don't like the look of the UI it's cluttered and flashy looking something I can't stand on any electronic. I like clean straight to the point organized UI's. Pictures all over my screen is not something I want. I also don't like this new idea Sony has with social media being the next big thing on play station. I don't want anything I do with gaming connected to my real life. It better be not be mandatory I don't and will never have a Facebook account so if it is I'm jumping ship.

    To the posts above me about killzone. Yes it looks nice but it's the same old on rails shooter with horrible AI you played the last time.

  5. #55
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,236
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,304 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Not overlly impressed at all. Don't like the look of the UI it's cluttered and flashy looking something I can't stand on any electronic. I like clean straight to the point organized UI's. Pictures all over my screen is not something I want. I also don't like this new idea Sony has with social media being the next big thing on play station. I don't want anything I do with gaming connected to my real life. It better be not be mandatory I don't and will never have a Facebook account so if it is I'm jumping ship.

    To the posts above me about killzone. Yes it looks nice but it's the same old on rails shooter with horrible AI you played the last time.
    Yeah... having friends to game with totally sucks.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  6. #56
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,894
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,098 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Not overlly impressed at all. Don't like the look of the UI it's cluttered and flashy looking something I can't stand on any electronic. I like clean straight to the point organized UI's. Pictures all over my screen is not something I want. I also don't like this new idea Sony has with social media being the next big thing on play station. I don't want anything I do with gaming connected to my real life. It better be not be mandatory I don't and will never have a Facebook account so if it is I'm jumping ship.

    To the posts above me about killzone. Yes it looks nice but it's the same old on rails shooter with horrible AI you played the last time.
    I would wait for it to come out before making judgement calls on it, after using the new UI you might like it...or you could hate it...but at least give it a chance! I don't really care for the Facebook integration myself since most of the people on my Facebook page could care less about my gaming habits, etc. but as long as it is not forced down my throat I am cool with it, just another way to make it easier to connect with friends!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  7. #57
    Super Elite
    Forcedme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    6,691 (0 Banked)
    Indifferent until it's on the shelves and some of its games released for weighing. The Vita was impressive when first shown, and remained so all the way up until release. I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 came out to the public like a slow turd, too.

    Infamous: Second Son should be awesome, though.

  8. #58
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    42 (0 Banked)
    I like what I see so far. We have yet to see everything and this was just a taste of what's to come. I don't know why people are complaining already. We have Major Events coming and they're going to cover all basis on what the PS4 is about. I like the new UI..even though the XMB to me was already fine...We can tell that they were gonna do some kind of UI overhaul with how they changed the PS Store so "Late" in the Gen.

  9. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
  10. #59
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,894
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,098 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    I hope they make Cheetahmen for the PS4...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cheetahmen


    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  11. #60
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,222
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    22,376 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Not overlly impressed at all. Don't like the look of the UI it's cluttered and flashy looking something I can't stand on any electronic. I like clean straight to the point organized UI's. Pictures all over my screen is not something I want. I also don't like this new idea Sony has with social media being the next big thing on play station. I don't want anything I do with gaming connected to my real life. It better be not be mandatory I don't and will never have a Facebook account so if it is I'm jumping ship.

    To the posts above me about killzone. Yes it looks nice but it's the same old on rails shooter with horrible AI you played the last time.
    Welcome to the forum

    I guess the importance of a flash UI would depend on how much you intend to use the UI. If you're wanting to disconnect from reality and only game, then why would you give a rats ass about the UI. Toss in the game and go. As long as you can get around the UI easily, then you should be fine. This part we have no idea about (nor whether what we saw today even closely resembles the final UI.)

    That said, I expect the final version to be even flashier. Which I personally won't care for, but the younger generation of gamers this is actually a selling point and I realize that and I can live with it as long as I can navigate it effectively and efficiently.

    As for the social media. There was absolutely no indication that this would be forced down you throat. You can do it if you want to, and if you don't want to, you don't have to. I personally will most likely end up creating a second facebook account - NM, Just did it 'TAZ Fourtwentyseven' I'll tell gaming friends to add that one. Heck, they don't even require you to have an internet connection on the PS4 if you don't want to.

    It's funny that you're blasting the horrible AI already, when you have no experience with the AI so far. While the AI on the current PS3 games are not spectacular, they're a fair amount better than the AI of the games that were out when the PS3 launched, which were better than the ones on the PS2.

    Also, this is on the developers not the console. The developers continue to improve the AI, but it's also got to be playable by the masses, that's a hard thing to balance.



  12. #61
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    245 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    I guess the importance of a flash UI would depend on how much you intend to use the UI. If you're wanting to disconnect from reality and only game, then why would you give a rats ass about the UI. Toss in the game and go. As long as you can get around the UI easily, then you should be fine. This part we have no idea about (nor whether what we saw today even closely resembles the final UI.)

    That said, I expect the final version to be even flashier. Which I personally won't care for, but the younger generation of gamers this is actually a selling point and I realize that and I can live with it as long as I can navigate it effectively and efficiently.

    As for the social media. There was absolutely no indication that this would be forced down you throat. You can do it if you want to, and if you don't want to, you don't have to. I personally will most likely end up creating a second facebook account - NM, Just did it 'TAZ Fourtwentyseven' I'll tell gaming friends to add that one. Heck, they don't even require you to have an internet connection on the PS4 if you don't want to.

    It's funny that you're blasting the horrible AI already, when you have no experience with the AI so far. While the AI on the current PS3 games are not spectacular, they're a fair amount better than the AI of the games that were out when the PS3 launched, which were better than the ones on the PS2.

    Also, this is on the developers not the console. The developers continue to improve the AI, but it's also got to be playable by the masses, that's a hard thing to balance.

    Looking back at the amount of time spent in my ps3's XMB I will be spending a lot of time in it. I liked it's UI over the 360's. It wasn't cluttered it was straight to the point and there almost was never tiny movie boxes or pictures on my screen. This new one looks to take inspiration from the xbox UI adding lots of color and pictures making it look all cluttered. It's a large step away from the XMB on the ps3,, I just don't know if personally It's a step I like. If the new PlayStation store is any indication of how it will function I really doubt I will.

    It would be nice to customize it, be able to remove all the clutter and have it just simple again. Give the people who bought the machine the option between nice clean and straight forward or this new one which resembles everything I hate about modern day electronics.

    Also I know killzone is an early build but if you watch the ai function it's abysmal. It just didn't look like they improved upon one of the main issues I have with games. And with the new power in the machine as well as the large amount of memory they should be able to improve upon the AI by a landslide over the current generation and it doesn't show in the trailer. All they showed was nice looking graphics and that's not the only thing that needed an upgrade. I guess I'm tired of being able to manipulate the computer because the AI isn't programed well enough and I feel the game when showed fell short of that by a landslide. Who knows though the game was probably on easy mode seeing as how many times the guy gets shot. (Note to devs when you show a game put someone who can actually play it on a decent difficulty rather then a guy who doesn't seem to know what he's doing)

  13. #62
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,894
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,098 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Looking back at the amount of time spent in my ps3's XMB I will be spending a lot of time in it. I liked it's UI over the 360's. It wasn't cluttered it was straight to the point and there almost was never tiny movie boxes or pictures on my screen. This new one looks to take inspiration from the xbox UI adding lots of color and pictures making it look all cluttered. It's a large step away from the XMB on the ps3,, I just don't know if personally It's a step I like. If the new PlayStation store is any indication of how it will function I really doubt I will.

    It would be nice to customize it, be able to remove all the clutter and have it just simple again. Give the people who bought the machine the option between nice clean and straight forward or this new one which resembles everything I hate about modern day electronics.

    Also I know killzone is an early build but if you watch the ai function it's abysmal. It just didn't look like they improved upon one of the main issues I have with games. And with the new power in the machine as well as the large amount of memory they should be able to improve upon the AI by a landslide over the current generation and it doesn't show in the trailer. All they showed was nice looking graphics and that's not the only thing that needed an upgrade. I guess I'm tired of being able to manipulate the computer because the AI isn't programed well enough and I feel the game when showed fell short of that by a landslide. Who knows though the game was probably on easy mode seeing as how many times the guy gets shot. (Note to devs when you show a game put someone who can actually play it on a decent difficulty rather then a guy who doesn't seem to know what he's doing)
    I bet if I had to guess, they probably had the difficulty turned to 'easy' otherwise it would look bad if the developer was getting his ass eaten alive by the computer in front of a huge crowd! That is just my guess though!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  14. #63
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,809
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    69,337 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not much. The hardware is impressive but the software is lacking and the cut features are a joke. Don't mind though, I'll be playing my PS3 for years to come, by the time I get a PS4 it'll be ~$200, slimmer and have a ton more games. Same thing I'm doing with the Vita, although I want a Vita more than a PS4 atm.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  15. #64
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,073
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,836 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    In all fairness Aaron, we've barely seen anything. I think the software might be more impressive to you during E3. If not, that plan works well. There will be plenty to play on PS3 for awhile.


  16. #65
    Dedicated Member
    Pestilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,358
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    5,025 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The Killzone demonstration was gameplay... this has been confirmed.
    I mean exactly what I said. Everything we've seen is from compressed video. Direct feed would look even better.

    Common sense isn't all that common.

  17. #66
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,236
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,304 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    I mean exactly what I said. Everything we've seen is from compressed video. Direct feed would look even better.
    Ahh... I see. Still looks amazing.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  18. #67
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    367 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEG_PT View Post
    ok i just wanted to know how impressed (or not) are you about PS4

    im not that impressed so far im waiting to get blown away by Uncharted 4 THE LAST GUARDIAN FINAL FANTASY XV
    I totally agree!

  19. #68
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,222
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    22,376 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I bet if I had to guess, they probably had the difficulty turned to 'easy' otherwise it would look bad if the developer was getting his ass eaten alive by the computer in front of a huge crowd! That is just my guess though!
    Yeah it looked like it was on the same difficulty level when on Jimmy Fallon was playing it. He was pretty bad, then handed over the controller to Anthony Anderson who was taking it up the arse while staring first at the ceiling, then at the floor while being pummeled and still didn't die. The Dev had to take away the controller.



  20. #69
    Superior Member
    INFAMOUS8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    1,947 (0 Banked)
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    I was impressed with Killzone:Shadowfall and Deep Down.

  21. #70
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    4,772 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Yeah it looked like it was on the same difficulty level when on Jimmy Fallon was playing it. He was pretty bad, then handed over the controller to Anthony Anderson who was taking it up the arse while staring first at the ceiling, then at the floor while being pummeled and still didn't die. The Dev had to take away the controller.
    It was prob on inf life

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  22. #71
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    245 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone else getting annoyed at seeing this kind of stuff at the bottoms of peoples post? I'm not sure if it does it automatically or if it's an option but no one cares and it doesn't make me want to buy the product.

  23. #72
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,236
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,304 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Anyone else getting annoyed at seeing this kind of stuff at the bottoms of peoples post? I'm not sure if it does it automatically or if it's an option but no one cares and it doesn't make me want to buy the product.
    You can put any signature you want or no signature at all.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  24. #73
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,199 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Anyone else getting annoyed at seeing this kind of stuff at the bottoms of peoples post? I'm not sure if it does it automatically or if it's an option but no one cares and it doesn't make me want to buy the product.
    It's called a signature.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #74
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,552
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    11,613 (0 Banked)
    Am sure it will eventually turn up to be a beast and i will buy it day 1 no matter what. But so far i'm not amazed by anything i saw, and slightly disappointed with the lack of touch screen.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  26. #75
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    ^^Sooner then later. Devs are going to tap the power of this thing fast and some will be better than others, probably ND and GG.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 03-02-2013 at 15:06.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.