Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage

Top Xbox 360 Moments!

The good old Xbox 360 is nearing its lifecycle end and the next Xbox announcement is imminent, and while the latest conferences didn't have the spice others did, MS certainly pulled great moments off their events especially in the first years.

This thread is to remember those moments and hype things a bit up for the upcoming event.

To keep things interesting, lets only pick 3 moments.

My picks:

Halo 3 Announcement:
    Everyone knew it was coming, but when? and How? It was the perfect Conference but it was already coming to an end without any signs of Masterchief... then Bill Gates himself enters the room (A bit nervous) and announces the game every single Xbox 360 owner wanted by then. It was an every fan(boy) dream came true lol.

FFXIII coming to Xbox 360: (E3 2008 )
    I can't recall a game producing levels of console heat as high as Final Fantasy XIII... and rumors didn't stop of the game coming to Xbox 360 as well. For good or for bad, Square Enix steped in and showed a $#@!ty game multiplatform game which name I can't recall and then left the stage. Everyone was like WTF!... then he came back and said he forgot to make an important announcement. Boom!

Kameo's presentation at E3 2005.

Microsoft really took a risk here. Gamers brought this fantastic title an unfaily cold reception but man the game was technically spectacular, fun and had the best SoundTrack I can recall of any videogame. It gave me the chills!!
    Last edited by Aquanox; 02-27-2013 at 22:50.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mass effect series being released. Even though the last two were (and eventually the first) were multiplat - its popularity started on Xbox and has become one of the best series in gaming.

Until the final 15 minutes.....

Either way, the series was a great experience for the most part.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

3. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The 360 slim reveal.

The original dashboard......even though I like the new one better.

Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-27-2013 at 23:49.

Power Member
    Playing it for the first time at my mates was a big moment
    GeOW success
    Slim

Forum Sage
    Here's 2 more:

After lots of heated discussions hot developer Jade Reymond shows off former PS3-exclusive Assassin's Creed first ever live gameplay on... Xbox 360.

This one doesn't belong to a show but how good it was!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Here's 2 more:

After lots of heated discussions hot developer Jade Reymond shows off former PS3-exclusive Assassin's Creed first ever live gameplay on... Xbox 360.

This one doesn't belong to a show but how good it was!

To say something is former exclusive when it hasn't released is reaching at straws. I'm sure you had the same reaction to that fact as most males do when they see her..

But I won't say no to the Jade Raymond pic..... Nice find.

Here's another:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    My top moment was Bioshock.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    My top moment was Bioshock.
    Oh yes! Back when it was exclusive, I still remember getting the demo (and feeling dizzy and not playing it for weeks). Then (luckily) I jumped back into it and never regretted it.

Consequently, I've picked up the PS3 and PC versions of it too. Such a class game.

Forum Sage
    Assassins Creed was never a PS3 exclusive. Ubisoft had it listed as X360 project by it's code name. So, if anything, it was a former X360 exclusive. =P

They announced it first for the PS3 hoping that Sony would approach them for exclusivity; when that didn't happen....it was announced for the Xbox 360.

EDIT

Announced first for PS3 (because of Tokyo Game Show) and it was confirmed for Xbox 360/PC after....many people missed that bit of info.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-04-2013 at 02:55.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Einz360
    My top moment was actually asking my boss at work if I could take a 1 hour break early in December 2005. (I was put on a waiting list cos they didn't have enough consoles even though I pre-ordered). I got a call from gamestop saying they held one console for weeks, and the person never picked their up, and it was first come first serve. I drove like a madman, got it! Paid $100 extra cos I got insurance (it came in handy with the RROD a couple of years later).

I went back to work with the console by my desk, and just waited till it was 5pm to bolt out.

I had a few games already, plus an extra controller that was there since launch day, and now the console made it all complete. I had Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, NBA 2k6, College Hoops 2k6 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I still remember hooking the system up, setting up the Xbox Live account, and and just playing - playing the system (my 3rd lol, damn you RROD) for well over 7 years now.

Cheers!
    carbon based life forms

12. Likes Aquanox likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Assassins Creed was never a PS3 exclusive. Ubisoft had it listed as X360 project by it's code name. So, if anything, it was a former X360 exclusive. =P

They announced it first for the PS3 hoping that Sony would approach them for exclusivity; when that didn't happen....it was announced for the Xbox 360.

EDIT

Announced first for PS3 (because of Tokyo Game Show) and it was confirmed for Xbox 360/PC after....many people missed that bit of info.
    Haha yes... well, I think Ubisoft made a good financial move there, it wasn't only announced for PS3 only but promo posters said "Only on PS3" which led the Sony crowd to believe it actually was. It probably was going to be, but after seeing how good it was, MS probably sealed a tasty deal with them to make its way into the Xbox 360.

Anyway, seeing Jade Redmon alone playing on a MS Conference was already a great time.

One more:

Last edited by Aquanox; 03-04-2013 at 11:45.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Einz View Post
    My top moment was actually asking my boss at work if I could take a 1 hour break early in December 2005. (I was put on a waiting list cos they didn't have enough consoles even though I pre-ordered). I got a call from gamestop saying they held one console for weeks, and the person never picked their up, and it was first come first serve. I drove like a madman, got it! Paid $100 extra cos I got insurance (it came in handy with the RROD a couple of years later).

I went back to work with the console by my desk, and just waited till it was 5pm to bolt out.

I had a few games already, plus an extra controller that was there since launch day, and now the console made it all complete. I had Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, NBA 2k6, College Hoops 2k6 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I still remember hooking the system up, setting up the Xbox Live account, and and just playing - playing the system (my 3rd lol, damn you RROD) for well over 7 years now.

Cheers!
    Haha thanks for sharing. I love getting new tech. I can only empathise with you when that piece of new shiny next-gen tech just sitting there at work.

Would be hard to concentrate for sure.

Thread Information