Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I honestly didn't see the problem with Arkham City. And I'm not even being a contrarian. It just wasn't a bad game...
    I'm assuming he feels the story is non-sensical, which it sort of is. But I don't see what's wrong with anything else, bar some nitpicking.

Super Elite
    To add two worthless pennies to this soon-to-be-$#@!storm, I quit playing the original Arkhum halfway through the Ivy boss-fight.

I thought the combat, style, atmosphere, controls, and means of stealth were boring, and kept expecting them to get better. It dawned on me while fighting Ivy that I was already near the end of the game, and had yet to encounter one moment that impressed me.

I played a demo of City and felt like it was more of the same. The game just felt way too slow and clunky to be enjoyable.

Now, if they wanted to try their hand at Batman Beyond, then I'd totally be willing to give them a second shot.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm assuming he feels the story is non-sensical, which it sort of is. But I don't see what's wrong with anything else, bar some nitpicking.
    Fair enough. But that game couldn't be called bad.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Now, if they wanted to try their hand at Batman Beyond, then I'd totally be willing to give them a second shot.
    That's something I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ZANIACK View Post
    I couldn't possibly express my grievances for this game briefly, I'd have to type a novel for you to get a vivid understanding, but I wouldn't muster that ambition to do that. The game is just nonsensical in every facet. Anyone that makes the assertion that Arkham City is superior to its stunning predecessor actually offends me, and there's really no other correlation that's comparable.
    I actually found this part funny because if you can type out an essay where you're just beating around the bush then I don't think I'd care enough myself to see what the novel would entail. Being offended by a differing opinion also tells me that no intelligent discussion could possibly arise from this if you do make the effort to explain what your reasons are so why bother?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-05-2013 at 22:30.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Arkham City got me laid, so I will forever be grateful to that game.

Was talking to a girl who said she thought the new Batman game looked cool. I invited her over to play it, and she was terrible. So we just had sex instead.

6. Likes Naxi, Metal King Slime likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

Was talking to a girl who said she thought the new Batman game looked cool. I invited her over to play it, and she was terrible. So we just had sex instead.
    Someone needs to make that thread: 'Sex stories: How videogames got me laid!'.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover

You are an inspiration to us all

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

I thought that stuff only happens on TV where girls just agree to have sex by asking.

You aint fooling me. I know chloroform was involved
    Last edited by Itachi; 03-06-2013 at 02:11.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK

That's probably the best consequence that has ever derived from this game.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    So, you won't explain why but expect people to agree with you and word your posts in such a way to seem like you're smarter than you really are. Great job saying nothing at all.
    I'm well aware of how vague my venting has been, but I sincerely don't want to discuss this any more in depth because then I'll go on a typing tirade.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    Definitely the narrative, but the general design of many aspects of the game are as well.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    To add two worthless pennies to this soon-to-be-$#@!storm, I quit playing the original Arkhum halfway through the Ivy boss-fight.

I thought the combat, style, atmosphere, controls, and means of stealth were boring, and kept expecting them to get better. It dawned on me while fighting Ivy that I was already near the end of the game, and had yet to encounter one moment that impressed me.

I played a demo of City and felt like it was more of the same. The game just felt way too slow and clunky to be enjoyable.

I wouldn't incite a $#@!storm over this, and Arkham Asylum is one of my favorite games. I loathed just about every second of Assassin's Creed 2, but I don't mind if others love it, no matter how unfathomable it is to me.
    Last edited by ZANIACK; 03-06-2013 at 03:06.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    I wonder how many people here are aware that the Arkham Batman wears a blue cape and cowl(semi dark blue-purple tone in Arkham City).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

That is just epic!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I wonder how many people here are aware that the Arkham Batman wears a blue cape and cowl(semi dark blue-purple tone in Arkham City).
    Yeah, I didnt care for that

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Unreal. The characters were unnaturally huge, slow, heavy, and the whole thing was too generic. Played it the night of launch night then sold it used to Game Stop to get something out of it.

PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Yeah, I didnt care for that

Even so, I have a few decent DLC skins to remedy that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    EviL_JoE_DirT
    Items Final Fantasy VII
    1. FINAL FANTASY 13
    2. socom 4
    3.FINAL FANTASY 13
    4. driver 3
    5.resident evil6
    6.FINAL FANTASY 13
    7.PS home
    8.spec ops the line
    Games playing: nothing Games anticapating: H-Hour: World's Elite, Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, MGS5, FFXV, FFXIV, FF X HD, Witcher 3, Rime, War Thunder, Dying Light, ME4, Uncharted

20. Likes Ixion likes this post
    PSN ID
    ZANIACK
    Quote Originally Posted by hulious777 View Post
    1. Final fantasy 13
    2. Socom 4
    3.final fantasy 13
    4. Driver 3
    5.resident evil6
    6.final fantasy 13
    7.ps home
    8.spec ops the line
    lol

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Two games that really disappointed me on a technical level. Red Dead Redemption, I've tried three or four versions of the disc and every one of them has glitched unplayably on the very first horse ride out of town. The horse suddenly accelerates into the hill and you can't get back out. Restart doesn't fix it, using a different disc doesn't change it, heck I think I even had a chance to try the game on download and it still happened. The second is Battlefield 3, as long as that game was installed on the harddrive, my PS3 crashed and locked up during games, even ones that weren't Battlefield 3.

In terms of games I really hoped would be good Aliens: Colonial Marines is pretty high on the list, I'm a huge fan of the movie and the idea of a videogame sequel that got the look, feel and sound of the film down right was pretty tempting, shame it is apparently one of the cheapest and worst made shooters in recent history.

Lair was pretty offensive, a great looking game, huge potential, and controlled like ass.

Fighting games in general, I find the fact that DOA has become the template for modern fighting games to be one of the biggest tragedies of modern gaming, style over substance. Tekken 6 was one of the most disappointing games in a while.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Two games that really disappointed me on a technical level. Red Dead Redemption, I've tried three or four versions of the disc and every one of them has glitched unplayably on the very first horse ride out of town. The horse suddenly accelerates into the hill and you can't get back out. Restart doesn't fix it, using a different disc doesn't change it, heck I think I even had a chance to try the game on download and it still happened.
    da hell?!
    never happened to me on both my playthroughs. In fact I haven't had any bugs or glitches with that game that I can recall at the moment. Maybe it was your save that was glitched

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Hadn't even gotten to save yet, the glitch pretty much happens during the first freaking thing you do once you have real control over the character. I mean literally as you leave the first town to start the game. It has happened every single time I've tried to play RDR, the horse makes a sudden burst of speed as you start to round the curve and ends up inside the hill, and I can't get back out. There were months between some of these attempts and I made sure I removed everything I could between. I wanted to be impressed with the game, I just couldn't play it period. No idea why.

The only thing I haven't tried is the second PS3 downstairs, but I'm not sure we had that the last time I tried. Maybe I'll add it back to the gamefly queue sometime.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Even so, I have a few decent DLC skins to remedy that.
    Oddly enogh hes wearing the black and grey suit on the title screen

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

PSN ID
    keithilias
    Aliens Colonial Marines : I was so hoping it'd be good, that it'd finally be a worthy successor to aliens vs predator 2- it failed in almost every way

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Hadn't even gotten to save yet, the glitch pretty much happens during the first freaking thing you do once you have real control over the character. I mean literally as you leave the first town to start the game. It has happened every single time I've tried to play RDR, the horse makes a sudden burst of speed as you start to round the curve and ends up inside the hill, and I can't get back out. There were months between some of these attempts and I made sure I removed everything I could between. I wanted to be impressed with the game, I just couldn't play it period. No idea why.

The only thing I haven't tried is the second PS3 downstairs, but I'm not sure we had that the last time I tried. Maybe I'll add it back to the gamefly queue sometime.
    That sucks I never had that problem. It's a great game though.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information