Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Know this one is going to be controversial but I really didn't enjoy Assassins Creed 2 which alot of people seemed to adore. I gave it a chance to play it for a good while but I really couldn't get into it. I played through and completed 1 and enjoyed it but then the subsequent games from there seemed to just rehash the same formula with new bits and bobs added on.
    Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I'm with you there, I found the entire series disappointing. I mean the premise of playing a medieval assassin freerunning and murdering his way round open world historical cities is amazing yet... the games just aint very good.

Exactly, I think it would have been a much better premise with some futuristic setting and some actual intelligent assassinations, I mean sometimes it felt like the game was actually trying to teach ME how to be an assassin hehe
    Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

What was the most disappointing game this gen?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Easily FF13, a lot of franchises went downhill this gen but that one most of all.
    Yep FF13 would be my choice too. Far too Linear for me and didn't particularly enjoy the battle system either. The one redeeming feature though was Snow loved that guy lol

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Black ops 2, MW3, BF3 online only, MGS4, Turning point, Socom Confrontation, Tomb Raider, and some other once which I can't remember.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSN ID
    zod18
    Modern Warfare 3 for me ...was really hyped for the new SpecOps mode but unfortunately it wasn't as fun as it looked like before release.
    Also, FIFA disappointed me every year after 2010, so me and all my friends switched to PES ...and we are definately not regretting it

out of the games i bought, the one game i took back after 2 days was skyrim, it was unplayable, full of bugs and horrible framerate.
    PSN ID NapoleonSolo61

PSN ID
    zod18
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse61 View Post
    out of the games i bought, the one game i took back after 2 days was skyrim, it was unplayable, full of bugs and horrible framerate.
    I can only recommend you to get it again, preferably for PC, it's the best RPG of this gen in my opinion. The PS3 version should run smoothly by now but if you've got a PC that can handle it, the mods could make you play this game forever

Just one example

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    FFXIII
    It was really hard to get into, it had a good storyline, but the gameplay was really..meh. and i the whole upgrade system was weird too. i dont really like it

Call of duty mw2:
    The campaign was ok, but there were certain missions i disliked like the favela :/ and a few other missions

Black ops II:
    The campaign is good until it gets to those stupid strategy parts with the commanding units. its really difficult to understand and just stupid

PSN ID
    duffman4pres
    modern warfare 3 by far in my opinion. it had no depth, characters were two dimensional, and nothing stood out to me

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Any Call of Duty after 5th one World at War because really that's when it began to become unbalanced badly. I was thinking about getting Black Ops 2 until a friend said story sucks and after playing it's mulitplayer it's like there are way too many kill-streaks/score-streaks whatever you want to call it.

Star Ocean 4 - Didn't live up to anything and overall it's a great game save for voice acting and the story you saw it coming from a mile away like they didn't try, and the character's were boring and annoying save a few. This game for me at least is known for being the only game I told back because the voice acting became tooooooo annoying and just plain awful.

Gran Turismo 5 - Hate me do whatever you like, but this game was a disappointment I played it and beat it within a week where as GT4 and even GT3 career mode were much longer. On top of that 800 of the 1000 cars come from PS2 era and even the tracks looked god awful some were okay though. Honestly I'm just going to say it flat out they half-assed this game it's the worse racing game I've ever played on PS3.

Midnight Club LA not a total disappointment only in the sense of Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix is just far better so it's a disappointment in it's own game series really.

GTA IV - Hate me again for this if you want NYC is just not a great place for GTA games this is two times now I've played a GTA game set in well NYC and not really cared for either, and to make it worse this came after GTA:SA(considered best by majority) they took out WAY! too many things that everyone noticed and hated.

Final Fantasy XIII - Sorry again hate me if you want boring characters except the Token Black Guy lol(I'm black btw) I'm only joking, but story was ok just wasn't anything special, and actually the story was too all over the place. They focused more on shock and amazement factor at the graphics more than anything else. Like others have said opened up after 20-25 hours playing the game. And last but not least HOPE! (You all know exactly what I'm talking about)

Tekken 6 - Worst game in the Tekken series the constant juggling in online got to me I couldn't take it, and don't start with the "Can you even fight?" questions I've heard even vet Tekken players since the days of the first one say they hate it for the new systems they put in.

I think that's all so far I can think of at this moment.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Here is another:
    Soul Calibur V: The story doesn't really make much sense, doesn't really follow the other games. Main characters through out the series are either replaced or not important, Three copy cat characters (which i think is dumb, you only need one.)

It's just..Basically all my favorite characters are unimportant and are basically just tossed aside now, or brought back as a joke character, basically a copy cat (kilik). The character creation is great and i like the gameplay but still...:/

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

PSN ID
    dshibby0925
    I think Haze and Neir were the most depressing.

PSU Staff Writer (US)
    PSN ID
    Gaglaush

Lets talk worst games.

What have been some of the worst games you played this gaming generation?

My worst game this gaming generation......Homefront.

Master Guru
    Alone in the Dark. Just because of the controls.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Alone in the Dark. Just because of the controls.
    Oh god, $#@! that game. That was one of the few games that put me in rage mode. There are a lot of deal breakers that will put me off from playing any game, and bad controls are at the top of the list.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

PSN ID
    ZANIACK

Flaw3d Genius
    The Worst: Resident Evil 6

Thread Information