Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Durango CPU

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Because i love you guys..i enjoyed my vacation from the forum. Went to the beach and met a lovely mermaid name Rita she will blow your mind. We both held hands went to the bottom of the ocean and watch the sunrise together..It was a beautiful thing.
    Cool story bro.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If you need quotes, start with your own post history and go from there

tbh

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If you need quotes, start with your own post history and go from there
    Oh snap!! Ouch! lol +rep
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-01-2013 at 19:43.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh, well, at least tell me what people were supposedly gloating about the 720 over the Ps4? Was it the 8 vs 4gb thing?
    Durango twice as powerful as Orbis!!!1111!!

Cmon man we have been through this before.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Durango twice as powerful as Orbis!!!1111!!

Cmon man we have been through this before.
    Twice as powerful? Hell I musty have missed that one.
    The only thing I really remember in rumors was the pastebin one, and even then it was vague and more about the 720 specs then PS4.

Any one who puts faith enough in rumors to start "crowing form the rooftops" is setting themselves up for a fall.
    Hell I didn't even participate in the rumor mill once it really started going cause I thought it was all crazy. To many, from differing sources, all trying to one up the last rumor.

As I have repeatedly said, Ill treat rumor as rumor until such time as its confirmed by the respective companies.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Elite Guru

Well leaked documentation from 2012 state this:

The overview is that it briefly goes over info already covered in VGleaks, only difference is new GCN architecture focusing on 100% theoretical GPU efficiency.

Only briefly talks about GPU and Data Move Engines.

Does not mention CPU or audio DSP(?)

But like I said this info is a year old.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Ultimate Veteran
    MS could still use an APU like sony this would cut costs for both sony and MS and AMD.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Well leaked documentation from 2012 state this:

The overview is that it briefly goes over info already covered in VGleaks, only difference is new GCN architecture focusing on 100% theoretical GPU efficiency.
    Only briefly talks about GPU and Data Move Engines.
    Does not mention CPU or audio DSP(?)
    But like I said this info is a year old.
    That is why im hoping MS will announce the final SDK at the GDC this Month. Since these specs and documents are old from early dev kits.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    That is why im hoping MS will announce the final SDK at the GDC this Month. Since these specs and documents are old from early dev kits.
    The same PDF that VGleaks, SuperDae and Aegis had has been somehow released to the public somehow still trying to get my hands on it, but users over at Neogaf have been told not to post links or anything.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    @X2

The vgleak mod said that the info is from 2013.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    @X2

The vgleak mod said that the info is from 2013.
    Which must mean they have another source outside of of SuperDae?
    Because he was compromised late last year.

https://twitter.com/VGLeaks/status/291195510767890432

Hmmm

I guess time will tell.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-04-2013 at 05:34.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Elite Guru

Information was already confirmed by SuperDae to be a year old February 2012

Also:

Originally Posted by BClifford

I am not obliged to conceal my identity but will do so, I would like to guarantee that this information is sound as of the last 2 months but cannot; the silicon should be near final from what I am told.
    What I will say will not necessarily be well received nor believed, my sole reason for this is the inability for the intelligent to actually see beyond the stem of misinformation based as accuracy. Further to mention that I am actually a fan of MSFT products and felt this should be said.
    The leaks you have are accurate regarding the Durango v2.2 development kits but what has gone over the heads of many is that MSFT has incorporated a dual mainboard, dual APU system. Essentially MSFT will reveal a system with 2 times what VGL has leaked in one housing.
    AMD have said the PS4 has the most powerful APU ever made right now, this is true, instead MSFT decided to go with a dual setup whilst Sony have overclocked to near 2.012GHz.
    You shall hear more come March 6.

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=1677
    Last edited by X2; 03-04-2013 at 08:34.

Super Elite
    So, if true wouldnt that thing cost like 700 at retail. Or do they plan on eating a lot of money on it.

It sounds far fetched but well see. Id be shocked if true if its what im picturing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Information was already confirmed by SuperDae to be a year old February 2012

Also:
    So both consoles will be more powerful than we think? Can't complain!

Super Elite
    I figured both would be slightly more powerful the way they play cat and mouse.

Mynd suggested they could possibly use the current setup weve already heard about plus the 360 gpu which sounded plausable.

Obviously its a possibility but what x2 posted just seems like a lot of hardware in a console. Or am I thinking wrong? IDK.

Hopefully their output is pretty similiar so we dont get to much bitching from either side. That argument is old and takes up to much space in gaming discussions.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I looked at the responses in the B3D forum and most of the members felt a dual-APU doesn't make sense and would be a hassle.

Mynd, what do you think?

Forum Sage
    While using dual APUs or Dual GPUs would probably make all sense... that poster's name rests all credibility to me (B. Clifford... Cliffy B.?)

High profile developer's names being used to throw more speculation to the scenario. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

I know we're all impatient and eager to know but this is most likely not happing before April... unless a leak nightmare occurs.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I looked at the responses in the B3D forum and most of the members felt a dual-APU doesn't make sense and would be a hassle.

Mynd, what do you think?
    "If" early rumors are correct, and if this thing has this "planes" chip, there is only one reason to do that and that's dual GPU's.
    I wouldn't think the second GPU would be used in rendering, rather, as a system/app GPU.

It could be rendering say a you tube video in the corner of the screen while you play the game completely independently.
    The dash/apps on one GPU, game running completely independently on the other.

In other words almost zero interaction between game chips and O/S.

Or I don't know maybe the illumiroom projector data if need be.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-04-2013 at 19:05.

Forum Sage
    Oh you mean like Microsoft fans here crowing from the rooftops before we had word from either company?
    From Both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    If memory serves you drew your own line in the sand and were believed to be on Microsoft payroll. Put simply, heed your own words.
    Haha... I remember that one. Abandon the idea, I remember it being so fun (and funny) that it took me a while to clear this one up. Some ppl even thought I was something like a Microsoft's spy with an agenda to market the console among PS fans and perform damage control if needed LOL.

As for now, I don't remember jumping the gun on anything related to the Xbox 720. I'd never do that, it's a console I really want to like... I'm not playing on my Xbox 360 for a bunch of reasons I really hope aren't present in the new Xbox. Also, the PS4 has a lot of appeal to me on its own, so MS better makes a hell of a show this time around.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    From Both sides.

Haha... I remember that one. Abandon the idea, I remember it being so fun (and funny) that it took me a while to clear this one up. Some ppl even thought I was something like a Microsoft's spy with an agenda to market the console among PS fans and perform damage control if needed LOL.

As for now, I don't remember jumping the gun on anything related to the Xbox 720. I'd never do that, it's a console I really want to like... I'm not playing on my Xbox 360 for a bunch of reasons I really hope aren't present in the new Xbox. Also, the PS4 has a lot of appeal to me on its own, so MS better makes a hell of a show this time around.

I'm not saying I personally believe you were\are, just that you garnered quite a reputation. I'm glad your back in the community, actually, because you were a big figure back in the 'glory days' and helped keep this community alive.

I'm just saying look unto thy own house first. But I am more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt =D
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    While using dual APUs or Dual GPUs would probably make all sense... that poster's name rests all credibility to me (B. Clifford... Cliffy B.?)

High profile developer's names being used to throw more speculation to the scenario. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

I know we're all impatient and eager to know but this is most likely not happing before April... unless a leak nightmare occurs.
    Are you kidding?

Cliffy B. is from Cliff Bleszinski. Not from B. Clifford. Lol

Forum Sage
    I know. I'm just saying that anyone could step into a popular forum and start a rumor if it sounds mildly convincing by using a nick that resembles a high profile person in the industry.

There's so much rubbish everywhere surrounding the next Xbox that right now I'm probably more anxious about this sh*t to come to and end than knowing about the console itself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Are you kidding?

Cliffy B. is from Cliff Bleszinski. Not from B. Clifford. Lol

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Mynd, what do you think?
    He got temp banned because he couldn't provide any supporting info, but got unbanned for some reason!!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    "If" early rumors are correct, and if this thing has this "planes" chip, there is only one reason to do that and that's dual GPU's.
    I wouldn't think the second GPU would be used in rendering, rather, as a system/app GPU.

It could be rendering say a you tube video in the corner of the screen while you play the game completely independently.
    The dash/apps on one GPU, game running completely independently on the other.

In other words almost zero interaction between game chips and O/S.

Or I don't know maybe the illumiroom projector data if need be.

Or............... Kinect interface.

The current Kinect has a Marvell PXA 168 applications processor built into it. A new, smaller, revised version that is standard and required to be connected would likely move that processing on to the motherboard instead. Add in additional capabilities, and there is your use for a second, weaker APU.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm not saying I personally believe you were\are, just that you garnered quite a reputation. I'm glad your back in the community, actually, because you were a big figure back in the 'glory days' and helped keep this community alive.

I'm just saying look unto thy own house first. But I am more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt =D
    Don't cheat on me baby

Thread Information