Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSiCkOfYoU View Post
    well technically if you have a vita, than you have used it. and honestly i don't use it much.
    I'm not too thrilled with it either, but I'll withhold judgement until it's in my hands. It's not a feature I'm jumping up and down about, either.

If the UI they showed is the final product, I want them to change it. I like simple straight to the point interfaces and what they showed reminds me of the 360 and windows 8 metro interface. That's not a good thing as I hated both of them. The one Sony showed is way to cluttered and filled with flashy pictures and even pictures of my friends.

Sorry Sony I don't want anything to do with my real life on my gaming console period.

Back to the Ui though. The ps3 one did it right. It was clean uncluttered easy to use and organized. This new ps4 UI looks like someone with adhd who likes colorful pictures went to town on my screen. It just looks like a mess. And the UI is a deal breaker for me. It's either I buy a ps4 or a gaming rig and so far Sony hasn't convinced me the ps4 isn't another media hub box that I have zero interest in.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    i wasn't talking about full region freedom as you understood it, i meant for games to be free region
    and the system should be free region same as the ps3, i wasn't talking about dvd's or blu rays nor change the region
    Well you said 'change/add' and what you've indicated would actually mean remaining status quo, so forgive my misunderstanding.

and about twitch i never heard that they are developing for neither console, and again twitch is better than ustream and everybody knows that
    I'm not stating one is better than the other. To be honest I seldom use either, but I was pointing out that Sony didn't limit themselves to Ustream, they just happen to have a working relationship with them early on. Just like Sony had a working relationship w/ Netflix early on, but they added Hulu Plus, Crackle, and EPIX is coming too. I don't see this as being limited to Ustream long term, Heck, Facebook is there, and while you can't live stream you can share video's too it. Facebook won't be the end of it on that side. Google+ and others will be there longer term.

Apprentice
    When they showed off the UI, I thought it looked simple and straight to the point. I don't see how it's complicated for anyone, it looks nice.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    When they showed off the UI, I thought it looked simple and straight to the point. I don't see how it's complicated for anyone, it looks nice.
    Agreed, I think it looks very clean and nicely organized! I just hope there is zero lag when moving around it and logging into stuff!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Super Elite
    another thing that i hope they change, is the new user interface, i want something more unique/ps4 specific. this new interface looks like a 360 rip off. would be interesting to see how many other people feel this way.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSiCkOfYoU View Post
    another thing that i hope they change, is the new user interface, i want something more unique/ps4 specific. this new interface looks like a 360 rip off. would be interesting to see how many other people feel this way.
    Really? Nothing about the new interface made me think of the 360.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    i think he's right ... It reminded me of 360 as well

Forum Overseer

Well, the console itself is more like a MS console than anything. Look at the controller, it's bigger now and looks a little more like the 360 controller.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    everything xbox did is copying play station

Forum Overseer

Well they kinda copied Dreamcast...but that makes sense because that one xbox guy was from dreamcast team.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    yes really! i would show a side by side comparison, but im just too lazy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    everything xbox did is copying play station
    List them....I'd be curious. Then list what Sony copied from Microsoft......THEN list what they BOTH copied from other companies. EVERYBODY copies!

Veteran
    One feature I would absolutely love added to the PS4, well the PSN... err SEN or whatever the hell they plan on calling it.
    The ability to send gifts.

By this I mean say I mean say I wanted to buy a game for my girl, nephew, brother or whoever, I go to the store and rather then click "buy" there is a "gift" option. then you you type the info for the person you are gifting too and they will recieve a message that they then go read n can download from there adding it to their dl list.

possibly the ability to transfer funds aswell. Say my broke a** brother is a few bucks shy of gettin an add on he wants. I can transfer funds from my existing available funds and/or add funds and gift those over from my account to his. No way id give my brother, neice, nephews my credit card info and going to buy a psn card then sending them the code is time consuming.

Just my thoughts.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

15. Likes Omar, The Cage likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    One feature I would absolutely love added to the PS4, well the PSN... err SEN or whatever the hell they plan on calling it.

By this I mean say I mean say I wanted to buy a game for my girl, nephew, brother or whoever, I go to the store and rather then click "buy" there is a "gift" option. then you you type the info for the person you are gifting too and they will recieve a message that they then go read n can download from there adding it to their dl list.

possibly the ability to transfer funds aswell. Say my broke a** brother is a few bucks shy of gettin an add on he wants. I can transfer funds from my existing available funds and/or add funds and gift those over from my account to his. No way id give my brother, neice, nephews my credit card info and going to buy a psn card then sending them the code is time consuming.

Just my thoughts.
    Gifting would be great. I want to be able to change my sub account to a master account. I'm fed up of having to change users to add funds and then to change back and go through the playstation store.

Master Poster

Just my thoughts.
    A gift or trade system would be awesome i agree!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They need to add a more appealing and attractive interface and a avatar to dress up and have fun with
    ...playstation home?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The Dualshock 4 has an audio jack... I want to hear the whole game through there if possble, for late night gaming when the fam is sleeping ><

I dont know how feasible that is though
    I think this is a good idea. As far as I know it's completely possible. Transmit the audio over Bluetooth just like the current ps3 headsets

possibly the ability to transfer funds aswell.
    Agreed. You can gift games on steam, why not psn? There might be some issues with money transferring over different currencies though.

I'd also like for sony to add the ability to sign in under multiple users so each one can have their own save data and unlock trophies (this was rumored but not concretely confirmed)

Another thing I would like them to keep is support for usb/bluetooth headsets. Many people have invested a lot of money into perfectly good headsets from the last generation (myself included with the BEAUTIFUL PULSE Elites).

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Dedicated Member

They already did, they got rid of the Cell

Nucleus

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    Not only in the media, but in the system itself as well. So many great games and features go unnoticed.
    Just to elaborate I've thought of a few things that the average ps3 user probably doesn't know about:
    -remote play
    -custom themes and fonts (let alone that you can get free ones online)
    -how to change audio/video settings (I have seen countless ps3s set up with 480p on an HDTV)
    -ps home
    -video thumbnails
    -ps move and keyboard and mouse control in the xmb
    -visualizations while playing music
    -slideshow function
    -the ability to use any usb or bluetooth microphone

and a few features that game developers don't take advantage of:
    -sixaxis
    -keyboard and mouse ( I can only think of two games that allowed this)
    -remote play (thankfully this looks like it will be rectified)
    -support for 7 controllers

Frankly I'm not sure how many 3rd party developers even know about these.

One more thing I'd like to see (although I realize it's not going to happen) is an add-on device that houses a ps3 and ps2 with original memory card and controller slots, allowing full physical backwards compatibility. This could be enhanced by using ps4 controllers and upscaling, antiailising, 3D, etc. Perhaps even allowing players to use the ps4 functions like suspend mode and the share features, or maybe even an application similar to ad-hoc party that allows these old games to be played online! Since it is an add-on, those who don't care for BC don't have to spend the extra money, but those who want one device that can play all ps games can do that (with their original controllers!)

Or maybe just another SKU with the same purpose.

And another thing. Theoretically, couldn't sony stream psp and psvita games over gaikai?

PS4 Launch Edition

Veteran
    The only thing I'm certain I want them to add right now is DS3 support.

I'm not a big fan of the interface, either, but...it's just an interface so it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    After reading this thread i would like to add DD game gifting. Every game will have a DD version so i should be able to buy a game for a friend.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    im not convinced about the touchpad thing from what i hear is that the thing is a gimmick and rarely used on Vita. Hell i think i used that six axis thing only in one of the ratchet games on ps3 aswell. I dont really see any point of it to be included at this point
    Last edited by GalapagosaraY; 03-05-2013 at 06:15.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    im not convinced about the touchpad thing from what i hear is that the thing is a gimmick and rarely used on Vita. Hell i think i used that six axis thing only in one of the ratchet games on ps3 aswell. I dont really see any point of it to be included at this point
    It's all about options. Certain input modes are better for certain actions. Think about it, would you rather have a mouse or a joystick to operate a computer? A d-pad or a wheel for a racing game? Playing a sports game with motion control is much more intuitive than pressing buttons. Playing a rail shooter with a lightgun is easier than moving a crosshair around. This is why supporting keyboard and mouse would be a good idea. For me, it's preferable for playing FPS/TPS but if i'm playing a game with a lot of platforming, i'd prefer a typical gamepad. The only problem is that so many devs don't give us the option and I think it would be wise for sony to push them a little bit, or at least promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    The only thing I'm certain I want them to add right now is DS3 support.

I'm not a big fan of the interface, either, but...it's just an interface so it's a non-issue.
    DS3 support would be easy to implement. As far as the features the ds4 has that the ds3 doesn't, it would be like playing with a sixaxis on a game with rumble. There will undoubtedly be games (particularly psn games) that don't take advantage of the ds4's features that a ds3 would suffice. However, it would theoretically be possible to supplement the touch pad on the controller for a touch screen device such as a vita or smartphone, but would sony go for that?

One thing that I don't think many people have thought of is third party ps4 controllers. Will they include a touchpad, sixaxis, the new sticks and triggers design, and a lightbar?

We haven't seen much of the interface. For all we know it could have been all placeholder and could be redesigned before it hits retail. Either way, I'm waiting to get my hands on it first. Maybe they'll show us what it will look like at gdc, e3, or tgs. Most likely after they unveil the ps4 unit itself. The one thing I did like is the spaces they had for games and the interface for sharing video. Here's a website that breaks it down

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/14...l-about-social

The only one I really hate is that second one. Yikes! The only way I could swallow that one is if it's a specific option you select on the menu that shows all of your friend's activity, sort of like the activity feed of facebook. If it's the default view or built in to the interface without selecting it then forget it. The rest of them are alright with me.
    Last edited by mini E; 03-05-2013 at 18:46.

PS4 Launch Edition

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    I know one situation where it would be very handy would be in scrolling through text on games much like you scroll done on a smartphone. There could be some cool situations to use it but it all falls on the devs. I see this something being used by 1st party devs a good bit but 3rd party to use it very situational at first then forget about it after a few years. Maybe there will be a cool standard set that everyone starts using it for. I just hope they didn't spend all the time redesigning the controller for something that turns out to be used about as much as sixaxis was. That was in for about 6 months.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Poster
    One thing i want sony to add is the ability to use the ps blog via an app which is integrated to the os and mix it with the what's new thing on ps3 and the ability to read and place comments directly from the ps4 and get news if you like by push notifications to your ps4 inbox

Thread Information