Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Star Wars 1313 "continues production", says LucasArts

Development on LucasArts’ Star Wars 1313 has been “frozen or put on hold” since Disney acquired the studio’s parent company Lucas in November, according to a Kotaku report citing “unrelated sources familiar with game development at LucasArts.”

But according to LucasArts, the company “has been working diligently to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities that the new Star Wars movies present,” and “Star Wars 1313 continues production.”

According to the tipsters, Star Wars 1313 first began production in 2009 as game called Underworld, which would tie-in to a planned live-action Star Wars TV show. The game was to be set in the underworld, which is where the 1313 from the game’s current title hails. It was originally set to be an open-world RPG with dark story elements similar to BioWare’s Knights of the Old Republic, and deliver episodic character updates through download content. But in 2010, the game was scaled back due to financial concerns, and the TV show was put on hold.

In 2011, said the site’s sources, the game developer was to reinvent itself under president Paul Meegan, who wanted to make Star Wars-branded games in popular genres like the shooter and social game. From there, a FarmVille-esque game surfaced, and a first-person shooter code-named Trigger. At that time, what was known as Underworld bbecame a new game called Hive, which was given platforming elements similar to the Uncharted series.

A LucasArt representative declined comment on these claims.

Development on Hive began to pick up in 2011 and 2012, sources said, and Star Wars creator George Lucas “loved” it. The game was to answer storylines such as, “Who is Boba Fett?”, “Why was Han working for Jabba?”, and “Who were the Bothan spies?” These were George Lucas’ requests, so they would see fit, but the game itself had no concrete story. When it was shown at E3 2012, the story was apparently still in development.

With the Disney purchase of Lucas, concluded sources, the company’s gaming division has been “reoriented,” with the focus being on the new trilogy and JJ Abrams-directed Star Wars: Episode VII—not anything unrelated.

But if LucasArts is to be believed, the game is still in production.

And with that, we await our next glimpse.
    via Gematsu.

Keep in mind that no platforms have been announced, even though the game was said to be running on Unreal Engine 3. LucasArts is also not among the revised list of developers supporting the PS4 so Star Wars 1313 is likely current-gen.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-01-2013 at 01:02.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

2. Likes Updator , Yuuichi likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Interesting, I did fig this a next gen but looks like itll be current.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I can't wait for this game. I haven't been this hyped for a star wars game since KOTOR. Still holding on hope for the third installment. Not an MMO! This game was beautiful. The best looking game at E3 last year imo. I was thinking this was going to be next gen since we haven't heard much out of it but I wouldn't be shocked if it was current gen.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Guru
    That's good to know. Star Wars 1313 looks bad ass.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quite an interesting read. I'll be interested to see whether it is current or next gen.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    via Gematsu.

Keep in mind that no platforms have been announced, even though the game was said to be running on Unreal Engine 3. LucasArts is also not among the revised list of developers supporting the PS4 so Star Wars 1313 is likely current-gen.
    Lucas art based in Europe or America?

Sent from my Note II

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Be next gen plzzzzz. Too many PS360 games coming out as it is... bring on the next wave of games!

Thread Information