Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it sure is, but yet weak in the same way... It has the habit of surprising you and shocking you at the same time
    Last edited by claud3; 03-02-2013 at 17:09.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    That's why you gotta take care of it... if you take of your body, it will take care of you. Your body is the only place you've got to live in... might as well make the most of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    that's the thing friend, you taking care of it all you want and yet it will fail on you.... It is so awesome that the body you own can damage you in anyway and at anytime

From the most basic things
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    that's the thing friend, you taking care of it all you want and yet it will fail on you.... It is so awesome that the body you own can damage you in anyway and at anytime

From the most basic things
    Yeah, things happen... and eventually we die. That doesn't mean you should neglect your health.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Never broken a bone.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yeah, things happen... and eventually we die. That doesn't mean you should neglect your health.

True, but what i am saying is that if you do not neglect your body and take care of it and do everything right to be health etc....

It does not stop the fact your body can and will turn on you at anytime

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    My right hand broke some fingers when an 18 stone guy rammed into my hand when playing hockey once, then broke my leg as a kid when I jumped off a diving board and smashed my legs against the steps in the shallow end lol, I nearly damaged my skull when I roll down a hill after hitting the breaks on a scooter suddenly flying over the bars and sliding head first down it lol *luckily only damage was to the pavement* hmm, ive broken my middle and right finger more times then I know, but no idea why they break so easily lol

Thank you itachi

El Presidente
    True, but what i am saying is that if you do not neglect your body and take care of it and do everything right to be health etc....

Bringing new meaning to the phrase, sleeping with the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    My right hand broke some fingers when an 18 stone guy rammed into my hand when playing hockey once, then broke my leg as a kid when I jumped off a diving board and smashed my legs against the steps in the shallow end lol, I nearly damaged my skull when I roll down a hill after hitting the breaks on a scooter suddenly flying over the bars and sliding head first down it lol *luckily only damage was to the pavement* hmm, ive broken my middle and right finger more times then I know, but no idea why they break so easily lol
    Drink more milk!

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Guru
    Some of you guys have had some very crazy injuries.

I've not broken any bones per se but in school when I was 14 I was playing netball and me and a guy went to get the ball and he got it but on his way down elbowed me in the nose and half of my nose caved in. Hurt so bad I got up and shouted at him even though it was an accident. I apologised later of course and he felt pretty bad about it. I lost feeling in parts of my face and couldn't breathe properly through my nose anymore. The doctor said I would have breathing difficulties for the rest of my life so recommended an operation to reconstruct it. Because I was still young he said that I wouldn't be able to have it until I was 18 but they managed to do it when I turned 16.

The operation I had was basically cosmetic surgery and they asked me before I went into to the OR if there wasn't any part of my nose that I wanted changing so I said yeah. Really like the way my nose looks now ironically, however, it put me off any kind of cosmetic surgery. The pain I went through is not worth the money you would pay for it. I had to rest for the whole summer and it took ages for my nose to go back to normal. Although, the time I was resting Warhawk had just come out so I spent the whole summer playing that

Other than that my thumb feels like it's been broken before. It clicks when I move it and has restricted movement but I can't remember any time when I've particularly hurt it so I reckon I hurt it when I was little and no one noticed lol.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    [/b]

Yep the enemy that hides with you

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I do a lot of sports and thankfully cleanly broke just my wrist(young in elementary, tackled on the blacktop in a touch game), broke a toe(Shoes were off, collided with receiver), and most recently my left index finger(Underthrown ball+speed of throw+Opponent pushed me as I went to grab it) all in football. I've been skating for 8-9 years and worst I've got there was shinners and rolled ankles lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    [/b]

Drink more milk!
    If I drink more milk the shop might have an aisle dedicated to me, I go through 8-10 pints a week

Thank you itachi

El Presidente
    If I drink more milk the shop might have an aisle dedicated to me, I go through 8-10 pints a week
    You aren't getting enough until you start peeing milk!

Yes claud. You cannot hide.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Its not the shop you should be worried about

Administrator

What Bones Have You Broke And How

If that's your excuse to do nothing, be my guest. You lessen the chance of injury by staying in shape... an example would be strength training in that it increases your bone density by up to 40 percent. This is especially important with older folks since bones usually stop calcifying around age 40, but strength training continues on keeping bones strong even into old age.

Dedicated Member
    I have excellent awareness and coordination as well for that to ever happen.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    But guys the body is meant to test you and therefore it does do things unexpected. Like you could be in the greatest shape in the world and you're body could just go the hell with you i will give you cancer, stroke, heart attack, brain damage or make you break a bone from the most basic task

It is meant to test you and it is an amazing feat of engineering and the only one you will ever have... But it is evil as while as good

Administrator
    OMG stfu already.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    ok i will, sorry i like to talk about things

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quit spouting bull$#@! please.
    That isnlt bull$#@!, it's basic anatomy. Christ

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I broke my collar bone 3 times, same one. Once when I was born, another when I fell off a bike, and the last when I was playing football. Last one my shoulder pads became loose and got hit, and snap! It sucked.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That isnlt bull$#@!, it's basic anatomy. Christ
    No, it isn't. You're stating doing a bunch of squats $#@!s up the knees. You're stating bull$#@!. I have old ladies doing them that used to be in push walkers... you know the ones with the tennis balls on the bottom? It's changed their lives. Squats with proper form are amazing for the knees and the surrounding musculature holds the knees in place and prevents injury. Squat form is not learned overnight, it can take years to master because of a lifetime of societal activities ruining the natural biomechanics of the human body. I'm not going to even argue this because it's not worth my time. Keep believing what you want.

Veteran
    No, it isn't. You're stating doing a bunch of squats $#@!s up the knees. You're stating bull$#@!. I have old ladies doing them that used to be in push walkers... you know the ones with the tennis balls on the bottom? It's changed their lives. Squats with proper form are amazing for the knees and the surrounding musculature holds the knees in place and prevents injury. Squat form is not learned overnight, it can take years to master because of a lifetime of societal activities ruining the natural biomechanics of the human body. I'm not going to even argue this because it's not worth my time. Keep believing what you want.
    lol you cannot be serious. Squat form years to master? If that's what you have to tell the old ladies you work with, that's your business but please. And I'm the one bullshitting?

The human knee joint is the most prone to injury in our bodies, so much so that many athletes have practically no catilage left in their knees at the end of their careers. Most of these injuries are due to repetive motion and squats are a repetitive motion by design. You bring proper form into it, but squats causing knee problems is a fact when taking perfect form as a given. Maintaining form is of course extremely important but because of mainly muscular injury. Like I said, repetitive motion = stress on joints regardless of how proper you believe your form to be. Motion is motion.

Administrator
    Dude, just stop. It's sad.

Veteran
    If you've got nothing else to say, don't bother posting. What a useless response. C'mon expert, tell me why I'm wrong. You can't. Don't dig someone out next time, yeah?

Thread Information