Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94
  1. #51
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If you've got nothing else to say, don't bother posting. What a useless response. C'mon expert, tell me why I'm wrong. You can't. Don't dig someone out next time, yeah?
    It's not that I can't answer you, it's that you word your idiotic responses in such a way as to blunt any sort of intelligent conversation. You're wrong... and you believe you are right... therefore making a discussion impossible. I'm not going to debate kinesiology with you... because you are basing your facts on opinions... not science or experience... which are both lacking in your rhetoric. I'm going to continue to help people using decades of science and research... not argue with some guy over the internet that thinks he's hot $#@!. I don't have conversations like this because I think I'm better than you... I make it a point in life to inform people, not for my own personal vendetta, but because it is the right and moral thing to do. You're not schooling me on biomechanics, you just put a bad taste in my mouth for willful ignorance.




    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    lol you cannot be serious. Squat form years to master? If that's what you have to tell the old ladies you work with, that's your business but please. And I'm the one bullshitting?

    Yes, squat form does in fact take years to master. Ask any professional this and the answer will remain the same. And yes... I do tell the old ladies this and the old ladies I work with I've worked with for years. I've gotten them out of a life of using a walker the rest of their days to leg pressing 200 pounds and strengthening their bones with very careful strength training geared to their very unique needs that are paralleled with their doctor's orders.

    The human knee joint is the most prone to injury in our bodies, so much so that many athletes have practically no catilage left in their knees at the end of their careers.

    Yes, you are correct. The knees are very prone to injury, especially with sports-related activities as those activities are placing unnatural demands on their bodies every day for years. This has nothing to do with squats and squat form, you're referring to sports-related injuries outside the realm of this discussion and using it as an example only serves to add filler to an otherwise productive conversation.

    Most of these injuries are due to repetive motion and squats are a repetitive motion by design.

    You're comparing apples to oranges. By design? By design the proper squat is how the body is biomechanically meant to move. There are no unnatural demands being placed on the body on a daily basis as sports activities do. Performing proper squats only strengthens a natural, compound movement of the body. Any movement done in repetition by the body, the central nervous system will adapt to that movement and it will become a normal movement. This is true whether you are doing proper or improper form. This is why it is absolutely vital that no matter what exercise you are doing... you master the form... because your body will adapt... and if your body adapts to improper movement... you are going to have a lot of problems develop.

    You bring proper form into it, but squats causing knee problems is a fact when taking perfect form as a given.

    This is probably one of the most grammatically retarded sentences I've ever read. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. Squats with bad form causes knee problems. That is a fact.

    Maintaining form is of course extremely important but because of mainly muscular injury. Like I said, repetitive motion = stress on joints regardless of how proper you believe your form to be. Motion is motion.

    Maintaining proper form isn't just important... it is the ONLY thing that should be of concern above all else. Form or nothing. You also seem to be confusing repetitive motion with joint damage. You walk every single day... that is repetitive motion. The normal wear and tear of the body is just how the human body works. You can greatly prolong the use of your body by keeping it healthy and by performing natural movements with perfect form. "Motion is motion" is not an argument. You're just saying words that mean nothing to make it seem like you're making a point.

    And lastly, I'd like to add I'm not denying that there's always a risk of injury in anything that we do. That was never my point.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-03-2013 at 09:42.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  2. #52
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It's not that I can't answer you, it's that you word your idiotic responses in such a way as to blunt any sort of intelligent conversation. You're wrong... and you believe you are right... therefore making a discussion impossible. I'm not going to debate kinesiology with you... because you are basing your facts on opinions... not science or experience... which are both lacking in your rhetoric. I'm going to continue to help people using decades of science and research... not argue with some guy over the internet that thinks he's hot $#@!. I don't have conversations like this because I think I'm better than you... I make it a point in life to inform people, not for my own personal vendetta, but because it is the right and moral thing to do. You're not schooling me on biomechanics, you just put a bad taste in my mouth for willful ignorance.
    Good post, I agree 100% Squats with good form don't $#@! your knees, they benefit from strengthened joints and supporting muscles.

  3. #53
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,630
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,035 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nearly broke my $#@! from excess and i had a friend that broke his and it is the worse pain in the world...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  4. #54
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,587 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nearly broke my $#@! from excess and i had a friend that broke his and it is the worse pain in the world...
    Oh I have to hear this story.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  5. #55
    Super Elite
    Acid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,022
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    9,167 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Never broken any bones, I am far too awesome for that. Not awesome enough to not get a hernia though.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

  6. #56
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,630
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,035 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Oh I have to hear this story.
    Ok mine was to much play Time as you do

    My friend was when he was with his girlfriend, one night when we were out and chilling on the mountain close by. We were having a great time and we were drinking and dancing around at are favorite spot called the sun spot

    Anyways, when we were all dancing and having fun... My friend and his girlfriend were getting really frisky and kissing and all that, so they went to an area near by to have well you know...

    So with them gone and doing their thing, I hung with my friends and drank away and for about 30 minutes we never heard from my friend and his girlfriend, until from nowhere he give out an almighty scream.

    I ran over and I seen him grabbing what I was assuming his $#@!, he was crying and bleeding. So I asked him and her what happened.. with him trying to explain through all the crying and the bleeding, I could not understand him

    So i asked her after telling him to not move and try and relax, ok so i asked her and what she told me was insane and hard to get my head around..

    She told me when they were getting into things and enjoying themselves, my friend requested at position called the 69 rocker. Were is when the lady lays up side down on a rock facing his $#@! and he is standing and hold her legs so she does not fall

    Anyways, they were in this position and now it is the first time they tried this and it needs to be practiced a lot to get it right... but because they were so into each other and just went ahead with it,

    So in this position, my friend forgot to hold her legs right and she slipped off and since he had a stiff. Her leg on the way down knocked onto his $#@! and it was so hard of a knock, it snapped his $#@! in half and it just looked horrible

    And it is funny, but what a thing to break
    Last edited by claud3; 03-03-2013 at 22:33.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  7. #57
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is nothing funny about that story. o_0 Good lord that must have sucked.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  8. #58
    Master Poster
    Updator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,378
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    53,949 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    There is nothing funny about that story. o_0 Good lord that must have sucked.
    I chuckled a bit. It does sound rather painful though.

    would it be wrong to click the like button for that post?

  9. #59
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Back in August of 2009, I got hit by a car while driving an electric scooter (which I got for free just the day before, actually) around my neighborhood. The woman was drunk and driving erratically. I was tossed up and over the vehicle and landed on the road. The front bumper had snapped my right tibia, though I went into an adrenal shock so I couldn't feel the pain at first. What I did feel, however, was the burning concrete on my back. By sheer chance my mother was driving back home and found me about a minute after the crash. Two gentlemen had to lift me into the vehicle, where upon I finally felt the broken bone andholyhshitithurt

    After 6 months of wearing a cast, I could finally walk again. Three and half years later, it's all good now. It doesn't slow me down at all, though I can't sit flat on my knees anymore (not on a hard surface). That kinda sucks.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  10. #60
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,568
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    78,151 (302,302 Banked)
    i broke 23 bones lol i get drunk to many times to remember how i did it



  11. #61
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,974
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    25,148 (0 Banked)
    @claud So what ended up happening to that guy? I mean what the hell do you do with something like that? I'm surprised it broke...there aren't any bones down there, pure muscle. Can't even imagine pain like that.

    @Rapture. There a plate in there? I remember you posting about it, I don't think you had a plate in did you?

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  12. #62
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No, the break happened near the middle, away from the growth plates of the bone (which appear on each end). I didn't need surgery or anything like that. Just a cast for several months -- it was a full-leg cast, too. I had to hang my leg out the shower. $#@! that.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  13. #63
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,587 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ok mine was to much play Time as you do

    My friend was when he was with his girlfriend, one night when we were out and chilling on the mountain close by. We were having a great time and we were drinking and dancing around at are favorite spot called the sun spot

    Anyways, when we were all dancing and having fun... My friend and his girlfriend were getting really frisky and kissing and all that, so they went to an area near by to have well you know...

    So with them gone and doing their thing, I hung with my friends and drank away and for about 30 minutes we never heard from my friend and his girlfriend, until from nowhere he give out an almighty scream.

    I ran over and I seen him grabbing what I was assuming his $#@!, he was crying and bleeding. So I asked him and her what happened.. with him trying to explain through all the crying and the bleeding, I could not understand him

    So i asked her after telling him to not move and try and relax, ok so i asked her and what she told me was insane and hard to get my head around..

    She told me when they were getting into things and enjoying themselves, my friend requested at position called the 69 rocker. Were is when the lady lays up side down on a rock facing his $#@! and he is standing and hold her legs so she does not fall

    Anyways, they were in this position and now it is the first time they tried this and it needs to be practiced a lot to get it right... but because they were so into each other and just went ahead with it,

    So in this position, my friend forgot to hold her legs right and she slipped off and since he had a stiff. Her leg on the way down knocked onto his $#@! and it was so hard of a knock, it snapped his $#@! in half and it just looked horrible

    And it is funny, but what a thing to break
    Oh the horror!




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  14. #64
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,587 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ok mine was to much play Time as you do

    My friend was when he was with his girlfriend, one night when we were out and chilling on the mountain close by. We were having a great time and we were drinking and dancing around at are favorite spot called the sun spot

    Anyways, when we were all dancing and having fun... My friend and his girlfriend were getting really frisky and kissing and all that, so they went to an area near by to have well you know...

    So with them gone and doing their thing, I hung with my friends and drank away and for about 30 minutes we never heard from my friend and his girlfriend, until from nowhere he give out an almighty scream.

    I ran over and I seen him grabbing what I was assuming his $#@!, he was crying and bleeding. So I asked him and her what happened.. with him trying to explain through all the crying and the bleeding, I could not understand him

    So i asked her after telling him to not move and try and relax, ok so i asked her and what she told me was insane and hard to get my head around..

    She told me when they were getting into things and enjoying themselves, my friend requested at position called the 69 rocker. Were is when the lady lays up side down on a rock facing his $#@! and he is standing and hold her legs so she does not fall

    Anyways, they were in this position and now it is the first time they tried this and it needs to be practiced a lot to get it right... but because they were so into each other and just went ahead with it,

    So in this position, my friend forgot to hold her legs right and she slipped off and since he had a stiff. Her leg on the way down knocked onto his $#@! and it was so hard of a knock, it snapped his $#@! in half and it just looked horrible

    And it is funny, but what a thing to break
    Oh the dbl post
    Last edited by PS4freak; 03-04-2013 at 04:38.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  15. #65
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It's not that I can't answer you, it's that you word your idiotic responses in such a way as to blunt any sort of intelligent conversation. You're wrong... and you believe you are right... therefore making a discussion impossible. I'm not going to debate kinesiology with you... because you are basing your facts on opinions... not science or experience... which are both lacking in your rhetoric. I'm going to continue to help people using decades of science and research... not argue with some guy over the internet that thinks he's hot $#@!. I don't have conversations like this because I think I'm better than you... I make it a point in life to inform people, not for my own personal vendetta, but because it is the right and moral thing to do. You're not schooling me on biomechanics, you just put a bad taste in my mouth for willful ignorance.







    And lastly, I'd like to add I'm not denying that there's always a risk of injury in anything that we do. That was never my point.
    And my point was never that squats or any other type of exercise aren't beneficial. I wouldn't do them every day if that was the case.

    I do love how you brought old women into it though, as if they would be doing the kinds of daily reps that can cause damage. And I'm the one comparing apples and oranges? lol, behave

    Nothing, nothing you have said disproves my original statement. Of course doing squats strengthens your bones and muscles, that's the entire $#@!ing point of it. But you can not strengthen cartilage in the same way. Any repetitive activity over long periods of time wears cartilage down. End of story. Someone who works in the health and fitness sector not knowing such basic physiology is the real sad thing. But you do know this, course you do, you're just being a pedant over the internet. Well done

    Walking is a natural motion, squatting is an exercise for strength building, not even remotely the same thing. Again you've compared apples with oranges and you have the cheek to say that to me?

    Lastly, dodgy grammar or not (an american grammar nazi is like a jewish.... nazi) obviously you aren't sure what point I'm making, that appears to be your entire problem in a nut shell. A problem solved by engaging your brain before clicking reply.

    I suggest doing so if you want to get anywhere with this because if your next post is halfway as moronic as your last then I'm done with you.

    Just to reiterate; Squatting with PERFECT FORM is still a risk when doing so repetitively over a long period of time, like ANY exercise. This is not up for debate.
    Last edited by Cyn; 03-04-2013 at 08:30.

  16. #66
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You can be done with me if you want, but you're still not making a point.


    Let us go back to where the issue started:


    Not sure where you got that from mate but full squat partial squat whatever you want to call it, you're putting load on your knees. Form can reduce the risk of injury because when maintaining proper form, you know when to stop. But there's always some risk and doing lots of squats will damage your knees.

    'Doing lots of squats "WILL" damage your knees.' No... no they won't.


    I didn't say injuries aren't possible, that's a given... we're human. There's no way to prevent that 100 precent. But stating that doing lots of squats WILL [speaking in absolutes] damage your knees is utter tripe. If you can't see a problem with this statement, then there really isn't a point in discussing this.

    Going back to what I said before... going below parallel... a true and deep squat... takes the tension from the knees and puts it in the glutes, hips, and hamstrings where it belongs. If you're damaging your knees doing squats, you're $#@!ing doing them wrong, plain and simple.


    Walking is a natural motion, squatting is an exercise for strength building, not even remotely the same thing.

    Squatting isn't a natural motion? lol

    Last edited by Brandon; 03-04-2013 at 09:21.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  17. #67
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,106
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ok mine was to much play Time as you do

    My friend was when he was with his girlfriend, one night when we were out and chilling on the mountain close by. We were having a great time and we were drinking and dancing around at are favorite spot called the sun spot

    Anyways, when we were all dancing and having fun... My friend and his girlfriend were getting really frisky and kissing and all that, so they went to an area near by to have well you know...

    So with them gone and doing their thing, I hung with my friends and drank away and for about 30 minutes we never heard from my friend and his girlfriend, until from nowhere he give out an almighty scream.

    I ran over and I seen him grabbing what I was assuming his $#@!, he was crying and bleeding. So I asked him and her what happened.. with him trying to explain through all the crying and the bleeding, I could not understand him

    So i asked her after telling him to not move and try and relax, ok so i asked her and what she told me was insane and hard to get my head around..

    She told me when they were getting into things and enjoying themselves, my friend requested at position called the 69 rocker. Were is when the lady lays up side down on a rock facing his $#@! and he is standing and hold her legs so she does not fall

    Anyways, they were in this position and now it is the first time they tried this and it needs to be practiced a lot to get it right... but because they were so into each other and just went ahead with it,

    So in this position, my friend forgot to hold her legs right and she slipped off and since he had a stiff. Her leg on the way down knocked onto his $#@! and it was so hard of a knock, it snapped his $#@! in half and it just looked horrible

    And it is funny, but what a thing to break
    Holy $#@!...I cringed reading that. O.O

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  18. #68
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,630
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,035 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    @claud So what ended up happening to that guy? I mean what the hell do you do with something like that? I'm surprised it broke...there aren't any bones down there, pure muscle. Can't even imagine pain like that.

    @Rapture. There a plate in there? I remember you posting about it, I don't think you had a plate in did you?
    Yes no bones in the $#@!, but because it was a stiff and so hard and when she slipped down and onto it, it just snapped and he went to the hospital and they had weeks to work on fixing it,

    The end result is a $#@! that is not functioning right he is himself but not if you know what I mean
    Last edited by claud3; 03-04-2013 at 13:17.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  19. #69
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,839
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,874 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    First broken bone was a metacarpal in my hand from punching a bookcase in anger years ago. The second broken bone (which is still broken to this day) was from when I was carrying my daughter in a wave pool back when she was about 3 years old and a wave hit me wrong and knocked me down and I landed on my hand and broke the spaphoid in my left hand. It will sometimes get turned weird every now and then and I won't be able to bend my wrist, but most of time I can deal with it. I never had it fixed because they would have to put a screw in my wrist which I just don't feel like doing! It sometimes settles right and tries to heal, but it doesn't mend very well and if I lift something too heavy it will make a nice pop sound and re-break from what I can tell.

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  20. #70
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,605 (0 Banked)
    I had my skull split open... twice. The first one was from being pushed into the corner of a wall and the second was from a seesaw whose bolt on the bottom of one of the seats punctured it while coming down full force.

  21. #71
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    30,647 (0 Banked)
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Never broken anything. I got a torn tissue in my nose when I was a kid lol. So to this day, I still get random nose bleeds lol
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  22. #72
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,839
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,874 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I had my skull split open... twice. The first one was from being pushed into the corner of a wall and the second was from a seesaw whose bolt on the bottom of one of the seats punctured it while coming down full force.
    Damn! That sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Never broken anything. I got a torn tissue in my nose when I was a kid lol. So to this day, I still get random nose bleeds lol
    How do you tear tissue in your nose? Just curious because I get random nose bleeds out of one side of my nose as well.

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  23. #73
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    30,647 (0 Banked)
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    How do you tear tissue in your nose? Just curious because I get random nose bleeds out of one side of my nose as well.
    I don't remember what it was lol. I just remember the night I went to the hospital, it was really, really bad. My uncle took me and my mom, and I just remember being told it was some torn tissue.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  24. #74
    Apprentice
    Monte666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    815 (0 Banked)
    Broke my leg Wednesday cage fighting a orangutan couldn't get me to tap so he broke it

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

  25. #75
    Newbie
    BG_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    'Merica, Fuck Yea!
    PSN ID
    BeastyGunner9698
    Age
    18
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    838 (0 Banked)
    I never broke a bone and thank god, that's an injury i never want to get. I'd rather have 3rd degree burns than breaking bones. There's just something about snapping bones in your body that wigs me out...

    "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.