Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

What Bones Have You Broke And How

Ok so what Bones Have You Broke in your lifetime and how, did it involve a car accident or a bike accident

Me I fell and my knees knocked my teeth up wards and shattered the bones in my mouth and a long my jaw line.... It left me in hospital for a while and getting a M.R.I scan of my brain.

It happen when I was walking and talking and tripped over the footpath.. and fell and my knee came up and did the damage

So what about you guys
    Last edited by claud3; 03-02-2013 at 01:56.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I've yet to break any bones thank goodness. But I've badly sprained them before.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Tooth injury...

I don't remember every bone I've broken, there has been quite a few.

I do remember one time I saw skateboarding, and was riding near the top of an over vert bowl, tripped and fell head first into the bowl. Broke 3 ribs, my right pinky finger, dislocated my shoulder, and broke my lower right arm. Was in the hospital for what seemed like weeks. And just for people who don't understand, this is an over vert wall.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Lower arm near wrist a few years ago doing PK. Little finger when $#@!ing around in school 7-8 years ago, that one never healed properly and still hurts sometimes. Broke nose once. Oh and cracked head open as a baby

Played football most of my life and never broke my leg which is quite rare lol. Although I did get an in-grown toenail which eventually needed operating on because of it (you don't know pain til you've had one of these)

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Sprained my knee doing squats..actually, it was my personal trainers fault. $#@! that guy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Sprained my knee doing squats..actually, it was my personal trainers fault. $#@! that guy.
    ah yeah squats are a killer on the knees. Ligaments on my left knee pop like crazy

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I broke my right hand, when I was 4, from smashing it on the back of the passenger seat. I was in a car wreck after having the time of my life at a birthday party I wasn't originally invited to. It was my schoolmate's sister party and she's 9 years older than me. My uncle told me to go get my cousin from the ball room and she said I could stay. I'm seeing everyone having fun so I wanted to have fun too. Plus I wanted some of that big ass cake on that table lmao.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-02-2013 at 07:02.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    There are a lot of $#@!ty trainers out there... I'm sorry you had to deal with one. If you want to master your squat form, I'd highly recommend picking up the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren...rting+strength

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    ah yeah squats are a killer on the knees. Ligaments on my left knee pop like crazy
    No, squats aren't killer on the knees with the correct form. Squats with proper form take the pressure of the weight off the knees and puts it in the glutes and hammies where it belongs. A proper squat [parallel or below] can be done even if you're missing your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

Doing partial squats [or quarter squats... basically anything above parallel] puts all the pressure of the weight on the knee joints... and can cause pain or injury.

As for me, I completely shattered my knee in football when this huge ass mongoloid tackled me during football practice. I had to get a bone and cartilage graft (from donor tissue). It hurt like hell for about 3 years.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-02-2013 at 07:06.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    There are a lot of $#@!ty trainers out there... I'm sorry you had to deal with one. If you want to master your squat form, I'd highly recommend picking up the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren...rting+strength

No, squats aren't killer on the knees with the correct form. Squats with proper form take the pressure of the weight off the knees and puts it in the glutes and hammies where it belongs. A proper squat [parallel or below] can be done even if you're missing your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

Doing partial squats [or quarter squats... basically anything above parallel] puts all the pressure of the weight on the knee joints... and can cause pain or injury.

As for me, I completely shattered my knee in football when this huge ass mongoloid tackled me during football practice. I had to get a bone and cartilage graft (from donor tissue). It hurt like hell for about 3 years.
    Not sure where you got that from mate but full squat partial squat whatever you want to call it, you're putting load on your knees. Form can reduce the risk of injury because when maintaining proper form, you know when to stop. But there's always some risk and doing lots of squats will damage your knees.
    Last edited by Cyn; 03-02-2013 at 08:06.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Where? - My left arm between the wrist and elbow.
    How? - Dog bite. Yes a dog bit my arm so hard he broke the bone so i had to be treated for a broken arm and dog bite.

It wasnt as painful as i thought it would be i was mostly freaking out from all the blood pouring out and i didnt even know it was broken until the doctors at the hospital told me.

Oh yeah in case you were wondering what breed of dog it was it was a Bearded Collie.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Right ndex finger when I was 7.
    Racer bikes were all the rage and I was riding it Tour de France sprint style but up hill you know leaning side to side but over balanced and crushed my fingers between the handle bars and road. My index finger instantly swelled up and turned blue.
    To this day i cannot bend it properly wthout it feeling weird.

Right wrist twice within 2 years. The second time I didn't know it was broken but it did hurt a bit so I played some cricket but the centrifugal force of swinging the bat was torture so when i got home my mum took me to the hospital and the docs zxrayed it and said yep its broken so another plaster cast for 2 months.

Probably my heel, I never went to hospital with it instead I just hobbled around for a couple of weeks and now I cannot walk barefoot on my heel, I have to place my toes down first.

Little bit of pain never hurt anyone.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-02-2013 at 09:31.

Veteran
    oh and i've broken ribs in a number of occasions too. Those really suck, doctors can't do anything and merely breathing hurts for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Right ndex finger when I was 7.
    Racer bikes were all the rage and I was riding it Tour de France sprint style but up hill you know leaning side to side but over balanced and crushed my fingers between the handle bars and road. My index finger instantly swelled up and turned blue.
    To this day i cannot bend it properly wthout it feeling weird.
    You too huh. I can't even bend mine fully straight

El Presidente
    I don't remember if it was the ulna or the radius bone my right arm. I was really lucky that I didn't break my wrist, it was close and that would have screwed me up bad. I fell at work. Went to break my fall and landed on top of my arm in just the wrong way and broke it. Worker comp covered it but I couldn't play video games for 3 months and that nearly killed me lol.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    I broke my little finger on my left hand while playing rugby. I went to pick up the ball and got kicked as I picked it up. I was either 7 or 8.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I don't have any broken bones yet, I hate my teeth,since my childhood , they always are able to become a major pain somehow...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Veteran
    Nothing that I know of.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i got hit by a car when i was younger, sadly, no broken bones - though i did go flying across the tarmac and knocked unconscious for a few minuets.

i think i was lucky in that it hit my leg whilst it was raised and in that position where you're in the process of shifting your bodyweight from the grounded foot the the raised one - essentially i bounced off the car luckily (it was going 50KPH)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Besides my mouth, I was hit by a lorry and dragged a long the road for 3 yards while trying to undo my coat.

I nearly fully mangled my arm and lost all feeling for a whole 4 years, the nervous feeling is so weak and underwhelming that it sucks... I have 5 scares because of constant operations and I have still objects lodged in my arm and have to get more operations to remove them

They can not be removed at all one go, because they need to come lose from certain areas of my arm

It freaking sucks big time
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I've never broken any bones, just a lot of cuts and scars from various things, quite lucky really!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Since you mention vehicles I got hit by a car once about 300 metres my house and outside my friends house, the driver buggered off, I first thought some arse was tryign to beat me up so jumped straight back up, looked around and saw nobody but a car so chased after it they had just turned a corner I caught up to it realised I wasnt going ot full catch it so then threw my work bag at it but just missed the back window.

I ws uninjured but my phone had a crack in the screen.

$#@!ers.

Dedicated Member

I broke my collarbone years ago, after I landed awkwardly in Judo training doing a front breakfall. The irony.

Apprentice
    I broke my arm bone when I was about 6 years old in 1st grade. It was during recess while playing tag.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Not sure where you got that from mate but full squat partial squat whatever you want to call it, you're putting load on your knees. Form can reduce the risk of injury because when maintaining proper form, you know when to stop. But there's always some risk and doing lots of squats will damage your knees.
    Quit spouting bull$#@! please.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i guess humans are a weak creature and yet strong in healing one's body

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    i guess humans are a weak creature and yet strong in healing one's body
    The human body is very resilient.

Thread Information