Latest PSU headlines:

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Does anyone else in the UK use Virgin Media?

So recently my PS3 has had problems downloading files. Pretty much everything I download gets corrupted and I can't install it.

I looked up the error code on Google and it seems to have something to do with the way Virgin Media handles things. I'm not sure how to fix this as the PS3 is the only thing that has any bother downloading things.

Has anyone else had this issue and how have you fixed it?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    my bro use's it and it runs great... But just like other internet providers, it can be a pain too
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I guess you have seen this thead which seems to say the problem is dodgy firmware ont he Virgin supplied router.
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...E/td-p/1354400

Looks like you are out of luck until they fix the problem o maybe if you buy a new router???
    That thread started last year on ‎08-08-2012 and it still seems people including you suffer the same problem 6 months later.

Try connecting directly to your modem without the router.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-02-2013 at 16:48.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I guess you have seen this thead which seems to say the problem is dodgy firmware ont he Virgin supplied router.
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...E/td-p/1354400

Looks like you are out of luck until they fix the problem o maybe if you buy a new router???
    That thread started last year on ‎08-08-2012 and it still seems people including you suffer the same problem 6 months later.

Try connecting directly to your modem without the router.
    Can't connect directly to the router cause the access point is in a hallway and I can't really move it cause I live in a shared student house.
    Trophy-licious!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I'm with virgin media and started getting problems downloading off the ps store. Downloads wouldn't complete and I'd be left with a corrupted data icon under the game menu in the xmb where the game should have installed.

At this point I was setup wirelessly.

I tested with a Ethernet cable and everything was spot on so routed it around the house and its been fine since, probably the best it's actually been.

Doesn't sound like wireless is an option for you though. Have you tried them plugs which use the electricity in your house for the Internet connection?

You plug the device in your wall near your ps3 and connect it through Ethernet, then plug another near your router and run a Ethernet to from it to your router.

Could be worth a try if your still struggling for a decent download connection through VM.

I'll see if I can find a link to what I mean to explain better.

These are what I mean
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/powerline-home-networking/727_7090_70097_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

6. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I'm with virgin media and started getting problems downloading off the ps store. Downloads wouldn't complete and I'd be left with a corrupted data icon under the game menu in the xmb where the game should have installed.

At this point I was setup wirelessly.

I tested with a Ethernet cable and everything was spot on so routed it around the house and its been fine since, probably the best it's actually been.

Doesn't sound like wireless is an option for you though. Have you tried them plugs which use the electricity in your house for the Internet connection?

You plug the device in your wall near your ps3 and connect it through Ethernet, then plug another near your router and run a Ethernet to from it to your router.

Could be worth a try if your still struggling for a decent download connection through VM.

I'll see if I can find a link to what I mean to explain better.

These are what I mean
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/powerl...-criteria.html
    Thanks, your description is exactly what is happening to me.

I'll be out of this student house in a few months anyway and I'll be making sure my next place doesn't have Virgin Media. lol.
    Trophy-licious!

Veteran
    It is weird considering everything had been working fine for me and only started getting the problem over the last 6 months or so. I've been with VM around 6-7 years and when it was NTL before that. Although I wanted it setup through wireless, I haven't looked back since being wired. Connection seems to have improved tenfold.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    No problems here. On virgin 120meg broadband. Getting upto 80 meg down and 16 up. Wirless connection..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Veteran
    Guess it must be something in the router settings that might cause the problem. I dunno ...

im with virgin media, i recently upgraded to 30mb line with the superhub, suddenly today i cant download any game updates, it just goes to 75% then the time remaining starts to climb been trying all morning with multiple game but getting same result every time, it worked fine yesterday as i bought quantum of solace to finish getting the plat updated erfectly fine, turned on today tried updating borderlands 2 it stopped at 50% after numerous tries gave up deleted QOS then tried downloading update data but that was doing the same, i haven't touched any settings ive had the superhub installed for about 3 months now ive never had anything like this happen before, i can sign in to PSN, use browser perfectly fine and download off store pretty quick. any help or advice would be really appreciated

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by barbrady88 View Post
    im with virgin media, i recently upgraded to 30mb line with the superhub, suddenly today i cant download any game updates, it just goes to 75% then the time remaining starts to climb been trying all morning with multiple game but getting same result every time, it worked fine yesterday as i bought quantum of solace to finish getting the plat updated erfectly fine, turned on today tried updating borderlands 2 it stopped at 50% after numerous tries gave up deleted QOS then tried downloading update data but that was doing the same, i haven't touched any settings ive had the superhub installed for about 3 months now ive never had anything like this happen before, i can sign in to PSN, use browser perfectly fine and download off store pretty quick. any help or advice would be really appreciated
    Exactly the same problem here had it for a few weeks but been too busy too look into it.
    New member of the PS4 club

Thread Information