Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Flaw3d Genius

1080p v 720p & 30fps v 60fps - Revealed Games

What games shown off were full HD and what one's were 60FPS (should be the standard on nxt-gen)

Im guessing Knack is 1080p and 60fps?

What about the other games?

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I think they were all 1080p. It should be the standard, I'll be buying a new TV hoping it will be, 400 wasted if not.

Killzone was 30fps, don't know about the others. I hold out hope that most games aim for 60fps but realistically it will probably be the same as this gen. Majority of games will achieve a solid 30fps and only the less graphically intense games like platformers will be 60fps

Hope im wrong!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah I think we will see 1080p 30fps be the popular next gen and as Cyn said those with 60fps plat formers, or maybe even RPG with cell shadings or drawn style, or what ever people consider the Tales of games. I do not think most people understand what kind of power you need to have a game run 1080p, solid 60fps(solid not oh 60 here then bam dips to 30 here). Most computers that can do it cost well into the $1000 to it(if you want the game to still look good).
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Doesn't make a real difference so I don't really care.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I do recall one of the devs said 30 FPS would still be used quite a lot. I'd rather have nice lighting and shadowsover a high FPS, myself. (Todays console shadows and lighting kind of irk me)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Never cared for framerate, i can never tell the difference.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

1080p is full HD it should standard on ps4

Forum Sage

1080p should be mandatory and it should be the console's native resolution. Anything less is just cutting corners. As for frames per second, 30 should be enough though if developers want to push 60, it would be enough. I'm hoping Sony ditched stereoscopic games for this generation though I'm not banking on it.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    people still game with 720p or a resolution of 1024x768 is really common amongst PC gamers even though they have high to mid-range and it's mainly because they want more performance. It's resolution which can impact performance greatly. If a game has AA they are most likely going to use 720p for the resolution since they will be able to get 60fps with high enough AA. I am not concerned about 1080p running at 30fps, it's obviously going to happen but when you start adding in high end lighting effects, more things on the screen at once, AA, and more...you will more than likely bring the resolution down to 720p.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I would rather have a crazy looking games with awesome physics, particle effects, draw distance, and textures that runs at 720p/30FPS than a slightly better looking game at 1080p/60FPS, because honestly, I can't tell the difference.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I was one of those who said, 720p or 1080p? no difference.

30 fps or 60 fps? what's the point.

UNTIL i actually got a pretty good PC and experienced games in 1080p/60 fps and you know what? IT IS INCREDIBLE Going back to the ps3 is is painful, from the bad AA, resolution and worse of all crappy FPS, the experience is just not that good and actually ruins the game. It is why most of my multiplas are on the PC. Playing AC3 was the worst experience, not because the game was bad, but because of the technical problems ( low fps, resolution, eye bleeding AA)

It is easy to say there is no difference but when you go out and try these different options out on games ( 1080p/60 fps) you WILL be amazed.

I feel sorry for those who have not experienced it yet.

I do WISH 1080p/60 fps becomes the norm, So worth it.

Honestly, I think we will still see 720p/30 FPS as devs would prefer to push out as much eye candy as possible. I mean if games do offers a lot better things like physics, scale, simulation, effects, particle effects etc... then I could be ok with 720p/30 fps.

12. Likes MonkeyClaw, John25 likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    Im amazed people cannot tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps.

Not every game needs to be 60fps right enough but FPS and Racing Games do...The difference in these genres are night and day.

14. Likes John25 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Doesn't make a real difference so I don't really care.
    Blasphemy, how dare you sir!

For some games, I'd agree that 60fps are a don't care. Others (intense FPS's for example) I'd have to say it does make a difference. Not enough to cry in my milk or $#@! like a little girl about it, which some will do. But enough to wish it were otherwise. That said, I comprehend the need to make trade-offs such as improved drawdepth, polygon count, and object count. This IMHO can be reduced to achieve a 60fps on a solid FPS, but shouldn't be done to sacrifice on a piece of art like Uncharted, where the shooter aspect isn't the primary focus IMHO, but just a part of the story. People buy CoD for a pure shooter experience, people buy Uncharted for an experience and story.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is 1080p 30fps.
    http://www.gamespot.com/playstation-...530444/?page=0

Ultimate Veteran
    as long as its full 1080 P iam ok with it. the human eye cant tell if its 60 fps or 30 fps

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post

Not every game needs to be 60fps right enough but FPS and Racing Games do...The difference in these genres are night and day.
    As am I. I mean I'm okay with 30fps in a platformer and such (as long as it's _solid_ 30 fps. UC for example)
    But not being able to see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    as long as its full 1080 P iam ok with it. the human eye cant tell if its 60 fps or 30 fps
    That is simply not true. Go to these links and tell me you honestly cannot see the difference:
    (In the second link make sure one baseball is set to 60fps and the other to 30fps)

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

19. Likes DeRaddyoMoFo likes this post
    PSN ID
    BeastyGunner9698
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Never cared for framerate, i can never tell the difference.
    Thank You!

As a console gamer, it irked the $#@! out of me when the halo PC clan i was in gave me $#@! every day about how consoles "dont havz gud graphics and they dont run att 60FPS!". I just really couldn't care. N64 is still my favorite console, and look at the specs of that thing. Compared to today its a toaster, and yet it was (and still is) one of the most fun consoles out there.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

Flaw3d Genius
    What alot of nonsense! lol

Surly 720p @ 60FPS

Would be better than 1080p @ 30FPS

Minimal difference between 720 and 1080 while a much bigger difference between 30-60fps.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 03-04-2013 at 18:56.

Forum Sage
    Wait what?

Human eye can distinguish framerates well above 60fps.

One probably can't distinguish "each framerate" but the fluidity perception changes dramatically between say, movies when you watch them in a 60hz vs a 240hz one.

In games, 60fps is also very satisfying and of course it's perceptible. You notice it eve more when you change back to 30fps.

That's why 60fps is the sweet spot for hardcore PC gamers, but that's another story.

Edit: There's a huge difference between 720p and 1080p as well.... for the slightly trained eye at least. I personally can't stand playing @ 720p anymore (sucks I know) ... I can bear 30fps but enjoy 60fps so much more.

Last edited by Aquanox; 03-04-2013 at 20:00.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    This " eye cant tell the difference" is just a load of crap.

It's about what you experience and what you experience is a MUCH smoother game that feels more fluid and less jerky. It improves the experience a lot.

We cant see frames in a sense, but you can feel them when you play.

I think playing on a controller makes the difference a little less obvious ( for FPS mainly) as they are no were near the level of precise as a mouse and you are not able to make those fast and accurate turns.

Since you move a lot slower (turning) 30 fps could be ok I guess.
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 03-04-2013 at 20:04.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post

That is 100% dead on right! For fast paced games 60fps makes a world of difference!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Ultimate Veteran
    There is a noticeable difference in motion with 60 frames per second titles but, unless I'm mistaken, you're always going to sacrifice some of the visual fidelity in your games to achieve a higher frame rate.

Personally, I'm more excited at the notion of 1080p gaming and if the 8GB of GDDR5 memory translates to a more complex, changing game world.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-04-2013 at 21:54.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I just popped back in Assassin's Creed 3 for the first time in a while and was blown away again at how detailed and beautiful the game world is. It makes me that much more excited as to what PS4 and other future consoles will be able to give us in terms of visual fidelity.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Elite Member
    KZ looks amazing at 30fps, and cod looks like ass at 60fps. I think people are jumping to conclusions too fast about next gen. We were look at alpha games on unfinished hardware. We have a few months to e3 when we will get to see some better demos.

28. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Apprentice
    Who cares about 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second. 60 frames per second is very nice to have but I can still play games with 30 frames per second. If there is juttering durring gameplay that does suck but if it's 30 frames per second with no juttering then I am perfectly fine with it.

You can tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second. If you run the game side by side and it's the same game you will tell the difference right away. For me it's not a game breaker.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Thread Information