Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has said during a One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 presentation in Japan today that PlayStation Vita sales in the country have increased about four times the amount of units the platform was moving two weeks prior—before the system’s February 28 price drop.

Two weeks ago, PS Vita was selling around 11,000 units in Japan. That could mean sales will be as high as 44,000 this week. But we can’t be sure which numbers Kawano is referring to. It’d be best to wait for Wednesday morning’s full sales breakdown.

Thanks, Game Jouhou.
    via Gematsu.

It would be nice of Sony to follow up with a price cut elsewhere.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

PSN ID
    BeastyGunner9698
    Well thats surprising. The PS Vita is too different from the PSP that it cant live up to the legacy.

Not to mention that price tag you could buy a used PS3 for that money.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Isn't the Vita actually doing better in the West than in Japan? Probably why the cut was for Japan only. Won't be long before sales are back below 15K anyway.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSU Live Streamer
    I think it was a recent IGN podcast where I heard them mention the price cut in Japan was to bring the cost of the unit IN LINE with the western market. Apparently Japan was being charged more for the device than the west was. If thats the case, don't expect a price cut here anytime soon.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I think it was a recent IGN podcast where I heard them mention the price cut in Japan was to bring the cost of the unit IN LINE with the western market. Apparently Japan was being charged more for the device than the west was. If thats the case, don't expect a price cut here anytime soon.
    That's probably it.

I think all they (Sony and publishers) really need to do is to bring out more games, especially localize some for the west like the PS Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information