Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    44,077 (0 Banked)

    XBOX GOLD & ENTERTAINMENT? New Xbox or New Service?


  2. #2
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,575
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    27,435 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Most likely a replacement name for Xbox Live Gold. That is just a guess though.

  3. #3
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is this for the secret meeting they are holding or is this a list of events for the event on the 26th of April.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,753
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    85,010 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Probably a separate service for movies, music, and shows.

  5. #5
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Probably a separate service for movies, music, and shows.
    Probably right. MS will have something up their sleeve for sure. Something that makes the whole entertainment system thing complete.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  6. #6
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,123
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,470 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just curious but where did you find the image?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  7. #7
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Just curious but where did you find the image?
    I wonder where he finds all this stuff before everyone else does.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  8. Likes Sleepy likes this post
  9. #8
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    44,077 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Is this for the secret meeting they are holding or is this a list of events for the event on the 26th of April.
    it's from the events that's taking place this week I screen capped it from the website the events in this section will take place tomorrow


    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Just curious but where did you find the image?

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/127281260/...nd-Information

    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I wonder where he finds all this stuff before everyone else does.
    I just keep my eyes open

  10. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  11. #9
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    it's from the events that's taking place this week I screen capped it from the website the events in this section will take place tomorrow





    http://www.scribd.com/doc/127281260/...nd-Information



    I just keep my eyes open
    All the big breaking leaks you found! Bravo.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  12. #10
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,938
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    9,415 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hopefully they completely revamp what it means to be a "Silver" opposed to a "Gold" member. I have had my XBL subscription since the original brick of a box, but lately I just don't see the appeal opposed to the fact I need to pay in order to play. But if I pay why should I be bombarded with ads? Hell if I sub here I can escape ads!

    9 years and counting!

  13. #11
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Gotta feeling that if MS charges for online gaming on the Next box they will lose a lot of potential console owners especially if it Launches around the same time as the PS4 ,A lot of people shunned the PS3 because of it's poor online infrastructure at the Time but now they have a PSN service thats basically on par with a GOLD sub minus the X- Game Chat and a couple of other small features.

  14. Likes Sleepy, Justin likes this post
  15. #12
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Gotta feeling that if MS charges for online gaming on the Next box they will lose a lot of potential console owners especially if it Launches around the same time as the PS4 ,A lot of people shunned the PS3 because of it's poor online infrastructure at the Time but now they have a PSN service thats basically on par with a GOLD sub minus the X- Game Chat and a couple of other small features.
    I don't think it will make that much of a difference either way. MS is charging now and it hasn't affected sales. Like you said, PSN is now basically on par with Live and the 360 is still selling well.

    If MS shows a commitment to new exclusives I'll gladly pay the $40 year that I'm paying now.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  17. #13
    Elite Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,557
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    18,112 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I don't think it will make that much of a difference either way. MS is charging now and it hasn't affected sales. Like you said, PSN is now basically on par with Live and the 360 is still selling well.

    If MS shows a commitment to new exclusives I'll gladly pay the $40 year that I'm paying now.
    MS sure done good job this gen, but last 2 years is not as fun for them like you described...

    Paying a small fee won't hurt me either , but if there is a free service smillar on another platform , this will definitely effect my choice.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  18. #14
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Hopefully they completely revamp what it means to be a "Silver" opposed to a "Gold" member. I have had my XBL subscription since the original brick of a box, but lately I just don't see the appeal opposed to the fact I need to pay in order to play. But if I pay why should I be bombarded with ads? Hell if I sub here I can escape ads!
    I never understand these bombarded with ads comments. I usually see one or two ads and the rest is either a trailer of a game or some games that are on sale at a discount,etc. Stuff like that. And nothing that ever gets in the way of just launching my game. Maybe some people are more used to staring at a barren XMB.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-08-2013 at 19:33.

  19. #15
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I never understand these bombarded with ads comments. I usually see one or two ads and the rest is either a trailer of a game or some games that are on sale at a discount,etc. Stuff like that. And nothing that ever gets in the way of just launching my game. Maybe some people are more used to staring at a barren XMB.
    It's simply hyperbole to get across the point that a paid for service should not have ads. In that respect I agree. However, they are not at all intrusive and I hardly ever notice them.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  21. #16
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    It's simply hyperbole to get across the point that a paid for service should not have ads. In that respect I agree. However, they are not at all intrusive and I hardly ever notice them.
    Agreed on both points.

  22. #17
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The ads have never been an issue for me. There will always be pros and cons to any service like that. The important thing to me is that it doesn't hamper the experience.

  23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  24. #18
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah it's the small bottom right pane that gets an ad spot if I remember right. It's not very intrusive at all and I honestly don't notice them. It's not like youtube where you have to wait part of an ad before you can watch a vid. But on XBL the more people get used to the ads - as they are now - the more they will push them. But we'll see!

  25. #19
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    It's simply hyperbole to get across the point that a paid for service should not have ads. In that respect I agree. However, they are not at all intrusive and I hardly ever notice them.
    Heaven forbid that gaming and entertainment media is promoted on consoles/entertainment devices.

  26. #20
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Heaven forbid that gaming and entertainment media is promoted on consoles/entertainment devices.
    I think I've seen a Ford ad on mine once

  27. #21
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Heaven forbid that gaming and entertainment media is promoted on consoles/entertainment devices.
    I think the point is that since we are paying for Live we should have the choice to turn these things off. What you call promoting others call ads. Call it what you want but it is what it is.

    Like I said, I don't find them intrusive at all but fully understand why others don't want them.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  28. #22
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I think the point is that since we are paying for Live we should have the choice to turn these things off. What you call promoting others call ads. Call it what you want but it is what it is.

    Like I said, I don't find them intrusive at all but fully understand why others don't want them.
    You may get your wish with the next xbox.

  29. #23
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You may get your wish with the next xbox.
    In what way? I haven't read anything that this is going to change.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  30. #24
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Glad my Xbox doesn't have all those supposed ads.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  31. #25
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,042
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,725 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    In what way? I haven't read anything that this is going to change.
    I'm willing to bet the next xbox's OS will be more customizable. (like the WP8 live tiles, or W8's metro start screen) So if you don't have the option to remove ads completely, you may be able to resize them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.