Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm a gentleman in the sense that I'm a good person. Yes, I would open the door for a woman, but I would do the same for a man. If I see an opportunity to help anyone who needs it then I do so.

I would slap, punch or kill a woman if I felt it was necessary. It depends on how the situation goes. I won't harm a person for being annoying, but of course I may react physically if they attack or hurt me first. Having a $#@! doesn't give some innate social privilege in my eyes; this isn't the stone age.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 03-07-2013 at 03:20.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

2. Likes John25 , Vulgotha likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    One thing I hate is dudes holding doors open for other dudes, its weird as hell. Guys dont need (or want) other guys holding the door open for them unless they're carrying something.

So.. why do you hold doors open for other guys?
    It's good manners isn't it? I wouldn't be best pleased if anyone went through a door in front of me and then let it close in my face so why would I do it to other people? I've just always found it rude if there if you've just gone through a door and someone else is about to to let it close in their face.
    I can read your thoughts.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I forgot to ask this.

Would you hit a woman?
    Hell yes. Y'all want equal rights, you can take equal lefts.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

5. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Updator View Post
    It's good manners isn't it? I wouldn't be best pleased if anyone went through a door in front of me and then let it close in my face so why would I do it to other people? I've just always found it rude if there if you've just gone through a door and someone else is about to to let it close in their face.
    No its weird, I wonder if the guys I see doing it are gay.

Let me ask you this are you holding the door open and letting a guy behind you go in infront of you while you hold the door? Cause if you are you should stop, the guys prob dont look at it as good manners like you do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If im walking out a gas station and someone is coming in right in front of me then yes ill hold the door just to be a nice person im not always an asshole but if your in the parking lot and 30 feet from the door $#@! you im not gonna hold the door for anyone LMAO...

Im nice when its convenient to me lol

What i can stand if i open the door for a female and she doesnt say thanks or even a nod like shes a princess and i should just open doors i hate that $#@! or they think im trying to hit on them cause im holding a door open for you? $#@! please

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'd slam the door on them if they did that

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    One thing I hate is dudes holding doors open for other dudes, its weird as hell. Guys dont need (or want) other guys holding the door open for them unless they're carrying something.

So.. why do you hold doors open for other guys?

Ive hit women before but they've deserved it. Im an equal opportunist and am not gonna let someone assault me and do nothing about it cause they posses ovaries.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Why do you hate it? Seems pretty silly to me. Secondly, you don't know what other guys need or want. If a man or a woman ahead of me is holding the door open so it doesn't shut right in my face, I thank them. It's good manners to do so.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

10. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I don't believe women should be immune from being hit. So yes, I would probably hit a woman. But only if she struck me first, probably multiple times. And I didn't deserve it, and she were being foul to begin with.

With true equality comes a just share of responsibility. Brave new world.

I was raised to never lay a hand on a woman, but my perspective has changed the more I look at society and how disproportionately men get the shaft (I'm referring to western society). If Liberated women want to be taken just as seriously as men and given equal amounts of respect, than this sort of thing comes with the territory. If a women demand access to being on the front lines during combat, because "equality", in spite of glaring physiological\logistical (and other) issues, then I think they can take a smack when they have it coming to them.

There is so much truth here. Vul, let me buy you a beer.

12. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Am I a gentlemen? What? You can't tell?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I don't believe women should be immune from being hit. So yes, I would probably hit a woman. But only if she struck me first, probably multiple times. And I didn't deserve it, and she were being foul to begin with.

With true equality comes a just share of responsibility. Brave new world.

I was raised to never lay a hand on a woman, but my perspective has changed the more I look at society and how disproportionately men get the shaft (I'm referring to western society). If Liberated women want to be taken just as seriously as men and given equal amounts of respect, than this sort of thing comes with the territory. If a women demand access to being on the front lines during combat, because "equality", in spite of glaring physiological\logistical (and other) issues, then I think they can take a smack when they have it coming to them.
    I agree with this, but not necessarily physically.

On average, and for the most part; men are just physically superior (just don't tell Ronda Rousey I said this). Barring a life and death situation, you have to be careful even when defending yourself (speaking in terms of avoiding serious bodily harm that leads to being maimed or death). It's much better to just wrestle/grapple or control them.

Of course, this is providing that the woman is only attacking you with her person and not using any other type of weapon (aside from a handbag ).

Litigiously and in terms of the institution (marriage in particular; or rather divorce) I think we are in a time where UNLESS​ there's a child (or children) present in the equation, women should not be entitled to anywhere near than what they are now.

Like Vul says, "brave new world".

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I'd slam the door on them if they did that
    That $#@! just pisses me off. Its like $#@!? relax i have a gf and if i wanted to im sure i could bang you anyways lmao...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    There is so much truth here. Vul, let me buy you a beer.
    I'd like nothing more than to meet up with you someday and take you up on that offer.

17. Likes Lebowski , Silvy likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'm not a gentleman, but I'm a nice guy. I believe in treating people nicely, as I would like to be treated. I hold doors open for guys or girls, just out of courtesy. I don't do those archaic things on dates, like help my date to her seat or get up if she gets up kind of $#@!. I think men and women should be seen as equals, just like I don't believe in always paying for every date. I squash that $#@! real fast.

I wouldn't hit a woman much like I don't go looking to punch a guy. But if my safety is on the line, I'm not going to worry about what others will think of my image.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Hell yes. Y'all want equal rights, you can take equal lefts.
    We want equal rights, but that does not make us equal in regards to physicality.

They just passed a law so women can be on the front lines. A woman can now be on the front IF she can prove she can handle being on the front.

We're not built like you men. Our bodies are fragile and we are made to carry your children.

You mean to tell me if a normal sized woman got mad at you or said something you don't like, you'll lay her out? A fragile woman, not nearly as strong and durable as a man?

Not hitting a woman is not only chilvary, but it's an act of mercy. It's merciful for a man not to lay his hands on a woman. He knows he can hurt her and hurt her real bad.

A woman should never hit a man, it's unladylike by the way.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I think in today's society, being a genuinely nice and good-hearted person is more valued and important than being just a "gentleman".

Elite Sage
    We want equal rights, but that does not make us equal in regards to physicality.

They just passed a law so women can be on the front lines. A woman can now be on the front IF she can prove she can handle being on the front.

We're not built like you men. Our bodies are fragile and we are made to carry your children.

You mean to tell me if a normal sized woman got mad at you or said something you don't like, you'll lay her out? A fragile woman, not nearly as strong and durable as a man?

Not hitting a woman is not only chilvary, but it's an act of mercy. It's merciful for a man not to lay his hands on a woman. He knows he can hurt her and hurt her real bad.

If I'm attacked, or physically messed with, you can bet your ass I'll have no problem striking. But if they get mad at me? Words are not something worthy of an uppercut. We're not talking about beating a woman, we're talking about if we would punch them should the circumstances arise.

I can also hurt my fairly small statured friend with a good punch. Doesn't mean I'll take mercy if he tried anything. I'm not the kind of person that would fight more than necessary, I'm not looking to kill or maim. But if a woman tries to attack, she's getting laid the hell out.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'd like nothing more than to meet up with you someday and take you up on that offer.
    Keep your ass to the seat/wall and don't leave your drink unattended.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Yeah, I do all that stuff. Just how I was brought up. Cept the car part. Never met a woman who was stranded on the road. Now if the "Woman" was a smutt, then no, they'd get the $#@! treatment. You hold the door open for me, chicken. Sike nah, I'm not that grimey.

Far as hitting a woman goes? That depends. I'll make the ultimate disclaimer that I don't, and never, ever plan to hit a woman. You're pretty much a $#@! ass mother$#@! to touch a woman. HOWEVER! If one of the following occurred I could possibly choke-a-$#@!.

1) Spitting on me
    - That's like the ultimate betrayal and like a person going in my pockets. Ultimate life violation!

2) Kicks me in the nuts more than once and goes on some crazy hitting spree.
    - Now I ain't talkin' no love taps or something trivial, but if she pulling out her best UFC impersonation, c'mon, gotta give her that two piece and a biscuit

3) Weapons
    - Guns, knives, skillets and endangerment of my life. Yeah, you gonna see I'm bout dat lyfe!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm a gentleman in the sense that I'm a good person. Yes, I would open the door for a woman, but I would do the same for a man. If I see an opportunity to help anyone who needs it then I do so.

I would slap, punch or kill a woman if I felt it was necessary. It depends on how the situation goes. I won't harm a person for being annoying, but of course I may react physically if they attack or hurt me first. Having a $#@! doesn't give some innate social privilege in my eyes; this isn't the stone age.
    My exact thoughts.

If you want equal rights, you can start by dropping the thought process that all women are fragile and helpless. A woman can hold her own in a fight if she works towards building a better body (muscle and speed, stamina etc).
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

I'm sorry, but if your bodies are so fragile, you wouldn't be able to give birth, which is one of the most excruciatingly painful experiences nature has to offer either gender.

Physically... women are "weaker"... as they lack the muscle-building hormone testosterone in the quantities males have... but that doesn't make them weak. Men can be just as "weak" if they don't take care of their bodies. I train quite a few women that would beat the living piss out of any of my guy friends... they're a lot stronger than them too. If you feel so incredibly helpless, do something about it. If I was a female... knowing the kind of men that exist in the world... I would make it a priority to be as tough as I can be. Eventually you'll be too old to do something about it... but this applies to men and women. Take advantage of your youth.

This doesn't mean I condone of men hitting women unless they are doing something that deserves receiving that kind of response... but this also applies to men. I rarely see women act this way, so it really isn't a commonplace issue... it usually happens in bars and other places of lost logic from intoxication.

And no... it is never okay to lay anyone out because they're bothering you. But if you are physically attacking someone, regardless of gender, yes... you deserve to get decked across the face.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-07-2013 at 06:24.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I am a gentleman and was brought up to be that way; i'm old-fashioned, and proud of it. I always open a door for a woman, and various other respectful acts, no matter how small or insignificant they might be. The other day, I made sure a woman stepped onto the bus before me, with the usual "after you" gag. It is always appreciated, from what I see, and i'm met with a smile every time.

It feels good to do things like that, I won't lie.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Administrator
    Being nice to people in general is gangsta.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

28. Likes Mike_Harradence likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    jrp0024
    ill just leave this here lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZvYvLxnaM

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    lolwut

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Do you hold the door open for women? If you see a woman on the road with a flat tire, would you stop and help her out if she has a jack?

I'm a woman so I can't answer this question.

Edit:

Would you hit a woman?
    I have done both lol. Long time ago, a lady she had a flat tire and didn't no what the hell to do. So, me and my friend changed the tire for her as she had no idea where is the spare tire or tools. And the funny thing was she had everything in the car trunk. D:
    Last edited by Syphon_Filter; 03-08-2013 at 05:18.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information