Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I have done both lol. Long time ago, a lady she had a flat tired and didn't no what the hell to do. So, me and my friend changed the tire for her as she had no idea where is the spare tire or tools. And the funny thing was she had everything in the car trunk. D:
    And then she stabbed you and took your money.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    If im walking out a gas station and someone is coming in right in front of me then yes ill hold the door just to be a nice person im not always an asshole but if your in the parking lot and 30 feet from the door $#@! you im not gonna hold the door for anyone LMAO...

Im nice when its convenient to me lol

What i can stand if i open the door for a female and she doesnt say thanks or even a nod like shes a princess and i should just open doors i hate that $#@! or they think im trying to hit on them cause im holding a door open for you? $#@! please
    I can't stand that awkward moment when you start holding the door open and then realize the person was further away/slower than you realized and you're not sure if you should still hold it or not. Next thing you know you've been holding the door for 10 seconds waiting for them to go through. It also makes me feel bad when I hold the door open and someone does the half jog so they don't (in their opinion) waste my time, like I inadvertently rushed them.

I typically hold the door open for anyone if they're close to it. If I know someone is behind me who will also be using the door I'll hold it open for them. I don't really see any of it as being a gentleman, it's just how I was raised and the type of behavior I witnessed most of my life in Texas. Holding the door isn't something that I really think about doing, it just happens.

As for the tire thing, I've never stopped for anyone. Maybe I've seen too many horror movies because to me it always seems like stopping to help someone is the worst thing you can do. This is likely because I always travel alone, so I don't feel too comfortable stopping and approaching some stranger. I have stopped with a friend though within the city and helped a lady get her car pushed into a parking lot after it had died at a light.

And no to hitting a woman, unless it's under extreme circumstances.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Do you hold the door open for women? If you see a woman on the road with a flat tire, would you stop and help her out if she has a jack?

I'm a woman so I can't answer this question.

Edit:

Would you hit a woman?
    - Do you hold the door open for women? Yes.
    - If you see a woman on the road with a flat tire, would you stop and help her out if she has a jack? I Dont know anything about cars but i would try to help.
    - Would you hit a woman? Yes but only to defend myself.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Do you hold the door open for women? If you see a woman on the road with a flat tire, would you stop and help her out if she has a jack?

I'm a woman so I can't answer this question.

Edit:

Would you hit a woman?
    1/ All the time
    2/ yes
    3/ never
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Try to be but sometimes people don't help themselves. Not too long ago was working in a block of flats with a lot of stairs and this middle aged woman, she was either american or canadian, was struggling with a load of luggage that was far too heavy for her. Seriously it was pathetic. I offer to help, she's like no no, I'm fine, go away. Silly cow, I'm not going to rob you.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    No its weird, I wonder if the guys I see doing it are gay.

Let me ask you this are you holding the door open and letting a guy behind you go in infront of you while you hold the door? Cause if you are you should stop, the guys prob dont look at it as good manners like you do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I hold it open long enough that it won't slam in their faces, I would only hold it open and let them pass if they were holding something and wouldn't be able to get through otherwise.
    I can read your thoughts.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Their is no such thing as a gentleman, you are who you are
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

I forgot to ask this.

Would you hit a woman?
    Out of anger? No. Never.

In self defense? Hell yes.

I never hit anyone just because I'm angry, but if you attack me like a man I'm going to respond like you're a man. If I deem you to be a significant threat I'll shoot you just like I would shoot anyone else who was a significant threat to me or my family. I'm not going to be a victim just because of your gender.

And everyone knows a real gentleman is a man who steps out of the shower to go pee.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I don't believe women should be immune from being hit. So yes, I would probably hit a woman. But only if she struck me first, probably multiple times. And I didn't deserve it, and she were being foul to begin with.

With true equality comes a just share of responsibility. Brave new world.

I was raised to never lay a hand on a woman, but my perspective has changed the more I look at society and how disproportionately men get the shaft (I'm referring to western society). If Liberated women want to be taken just as seriously as men and given equal amounts of respect, than this sort of thing comes with the territory. If a women demand access to being on the front lines during combat, because "equality", in spite of glaring physiological\logistical (and other) issues, then I think they can take a smack when they have it coming to them.
    THIS^^

some woman tend to play on the Fact that guys won't hit them, but if a woman started screaming from arguing in my face & wouldn't stop if I asked her to or after I pushed her away .then yea you better believe I would hit her & Treat her to a Stone Cold Stunner or a Tombstone Pile Driver :P

10. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I always try to respect other people and stuff but if they don't show it to me they can $#@! off

Ultimate Veteran
    I can be both gentle and rough if you know what I mean.
    Other opinions are available.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I can be both gentle and rough if you know what I mean.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm a gentleman in the sense that I'm a good person. Yes, I would open the door for a woman, but I would do the same for a man. If I see an opportunity to help anyone who needs it then I do so.

I would slap, punch or kill a woman if I felt it was necessary. It depends on how the situation goes. I won't harm a person for being annoying, but of course I may react physically if they attack or hurt me first. Having a $#@! doesn't give some innate social privilege in my eyes; this isn't the stone age.
    Pretty much this ^. Spot on

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Being nice to people in general is gangsta.
    This.

I don't discriminate who I'm nice to. Well, unless I see them being douchey....
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I can't stand that awkward moment when you start holding the door open and then realize the person was further away/slower than you realized and you're not sure if you should still hold it or not. Next thing you know you've been holding the door for 10 seconds waiting for them to go through. It also makes me feel bad when I hold the door open and someone does the half jog so they don't (in their opinion) waste my time, like I inadvertently rushed them.

I typically hold the door open for anyone if they're close to it. If I know someone is behind me who will also be using the door I'll hold it open for them. I don't really see any of it as being a gentleman, it's just how I was raised and the type of behavior I witnessed most of my life in Texas. Holding the door isn't something that I really think about doing, it just happens.

As for the tire thing, I've never stopped for anyone. Maybe I've seen too many horror movies because to me it always seems like stopping to help someone is the worst thing you can do. This is likely because I always travel alone, so I don't feel too comfortable stopping and approaching some stranger. I have stopped with a friend though within the city and helped a lady get her car pushed into a parking lot after it had died at a light.

And no to hitting a woman, unless it's under extreme circumstances.
    Lol that's the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    THIS^^

some woman tend to play on the Fact that guys won't hit them, but if a woman started screaming from arguing in my face & wouldn't stop if I asked her to or after I pushed her away .then yea you better believe I would hit her & Treat her to a Stone Cold Stunner or a Tombstone Pile Driver :P
    Yeah I've seen and heard about this a lot. I've heard this on many podcasts, but I think the reason women do this to men is because women aren't used to the fact that another woman can just lay them out .

Whereas us guys, if we get too snarky to another dude, we're probably gonna get smashed regardless of who 'wins' the fight.

Women don't have that sort of experience between themselves (for the most part).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I would hit a woman if my life was in danger and she is trying to kill me.

I can't think of any other circumstance I would

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    And then she stabbed you and took your money.
    No we all left she just said. Thanksss meeyaw.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    No we all left she just said. Thanksss meeyaw.
    Was kidding. :]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Was kidding. :]
    "Was".....dramatic music followed be sound of a knife being unsheathed.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    "Was".....dramatic music followed be sound of a knife being unsheathed.
    Lol..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Never ever hit a woman in my life, even though I got stabbed by one years back twice and still never raised my hand to her
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Never ever hit a woman in my life, even though I got stabbed by one years back twice and still never raised my hand to her
    That doesn't make you a gentlemen. Letting someone stab you and doing nothing just makes you retarded. Just saying...

Put a little more value on yourself.

23. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Is she stabbed me this would be the next thing to happen

True story lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It was a drunken argument and yes I could have hit her and done damage, but since it was a drunken argument

I do not want to turn into that guy

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    What guy is "that guy" lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    It was a drunken argument and yes I could have hit her and done damage, but since it was a drunken argument

I do not want to turn into that guy
    You don't want to turn into what guy? A normal sane human being that defends themselves when their life is in danger? You're confusing chivalry with a lack of common sense.

Thread Information