Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Age of Empires II HD Announced (Steamworks, April 9th)

Microsoft today announced Age of Empires II HD Edition, a reimagining of the 1999 real-time strategy game. With Ensemble Studios closed, work on the updated version is being done by Hidden Path Entertainment (Defense Grid series, Counter Strike: Global Offensive).

Age of Empires II HD Edition will launch on April 9 exclusively through Steam across the world. Gamers won't need to wait that long to play, however, as those who prepurchase (at a 10 percent discount) will be able to jump in April 5.

Age of Empires II HD Edition includes every single-player campaign from the Age of Kings original and the Conquerors expansion, totaling 18 in all. In addition, gamers can challenge other Steam players through the game's online mode.

According to Microsoft, Age of Empires II HD Edition has been remastered for high-resolution displays at 1080p. It also includes an "enhanced visual engine" sporting improved textures for terrain, water and fire, and ambient lighting effects.

Steamworks features for Age of Empires II HD Edition include achievements, leaderboards, matchmaking, and cloud support. In addition, gamers can share user created content through the Steam Workshop.

Lastly, Microsoft revealed the minimum system requirements for Age of Empires II HD Edition today. They are listed below, along with the game's debut trailer.

Minimum System Requirements:
    Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Pro
    Steam Software Platform
    900x600 minimum display resolution
    Direct X 9 Capable GPU
    1.2GHz CPU
    1GB RAM
    2GB HDD
    Source - http://www.gamespot.com/news/age-of-...pril-9-6404962

Day one buy for me. Wolololo!
    Last edited by HellsJester; 03-07-2013 at 17:29.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No Mac support? That's lame.
    Other opinions are available.

Apprentice
    I can't wait to jump back into this realm. I miss those days. AoE 2 multiplayer I miss the most out of all the games I have to this date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    No Mac support? That's lame.
    It is Microsoft's IP. So Mac, Linux versions are not coming. At least I wouldn't expect them to come, but considering the specs. X720 XBLA title maybe?

Thread Information