Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101

Your least favorite Multiplayer games this generation

1. Resistance 2:
    Singleplayer was decent, co-op excellent, multiplayer horrible. The low accuracy of almost all weapons made them annoying to use at longer than medium range, and the hit detection is a joke. One example for them all: Sometimes secondary shot from Shotgun at point blank kills a person, sometimes it does not. Its the same thing with every weapon. The randomness killed the competitive for me.
    The game basically dropped everything that was good about the first one. Now its also full of cheaters to the point of being a complete joke just like Crysis 2. Except the joke's on us.
    Sometimes I think they should have just dropped the competitive altogether. I wouldn't miss it, not even slightest.

2. Crysis 2:
    Lagg fest with horrible hit detection. Initially the host migration was the final countdown(get it?) 100% of the time. Though they did manage to drop it down to about 70%. Matchmaking also took forever, and the host choice was completely random, not based on the best connection. So the game would randomly make me a host and then the game would lagg horribly for everyone else. A textbook example of how not to make a multiplayer game.

3. Resident Evil 5:
    Not being able to move and shoot at the same time made it annoying enough, but having to shoot other people as well as lot of infected at the same time made it very painful and frustrating. Not fun at all.
    Some kind of four player co-op mode similar to Left 4 Dead would have been lot more preferable.

4. Bioshock 2:
    Kudos to the developers for trying but it just was not enough. Hit detection was terrible, and so was lagg. Matchmaking wasn't the best either. Getting the final multiplayer trophy was comparable to finally escaping from a torture chair after being there for several days.

5. Assasins Creed Liberation:
    I have yet to find a game that has more pointless, painfully boring, and redundant multiplayer. A complete waste of time. BTW, I don't have 3G, but if not even such a simple, stupid and a brainless game can be played over 3G, then what the hell is the 3G on Vita good for?

6. Aliens vs Predator:
    Unbalanced, and very hard to learn. Playing as alien was also quite annoying.

7. Warhawk. I just didn't get the hype. Everest high learning curve, being forced to memorize where every rocket launcher spawns or risk being spawn camped by the best of the best of the best of the best. Being able to spawn only in a base made spawn camping 10 times worse.
    The sole fact that you must have rocket launcher to have any chance at all 90% of the time, and that you have to search for every even slightly useful weapon every time you die, makes this hands down the most annoying game I have ever played. Disagree if you will, but that's the conclusion I came to once I was completely done with the game. Weapon switching was somewhat stupid too.

8. Medal of Honor (2010):
    Enemies hard to see even when I had my glasses on. Every third game was cheater free (still better than Resistance 2 where every third person is a cheater). Often terrible spawns and crappy maps.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    C.O.D and thats final. Hated the online, with asswholes everywhere and not being able to enjoy it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

3. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    1- BRINK it had so much potential yet failed miserably.

2- Home-front. Again much promise but terrible.

solid_sneek

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by solid_sneek View Post
    1- BRINK it had so much potential yet failed miserably.

2- Home-front. Again much promise but terrible.

solid_sneek
    Brink is the only game that I didn't open the case after first use
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Veteran
    I thought the Resistance 2 multiplayer was actually pretty fun, when it first came out. I played it so much for the first few weeks, then it just got old.

Flaw3d Genius
    1: Tomb Raider (it's soooooooooooo bad online)
    2: Uncharted 2/3 (very average)
    3: MOH Warfighter (just awful)
    4: PES 2008-2013 (dreadful)
    5: Killzone 3 (Cloak Ruined it)
    6: Forza Horizon (Bumper cars)
    7: Resistance series (Average again)
    8: Brink (So much promise, Failed to deliver)

Forum Sage
    Warhawk. I just didn't get the hype. Everest high learning curve, being forced to memorize where every rocket launcher spawns or risk being spawn camped by the best of the best of the best of the best. Being able to spawn only in a base made spawn camping 10 times worse.
    The sole fact that you must have rocket launcher to have any chance at all 90% of the time, and that you have to search for every even slightly useful weapon every time you die, makes this hands down the most annoying game I have ever played. Disagree if you will, but that's the conclusion I came to once I was completely done with the game. Weapon switching was somewhat stupid too.

Sounds to me like you didn't really want to invest time in learning the game and expected the game to hold your hand. Basically, you wanted the game to hand you the victory.

9. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Dead Space 2: Serious didnt need the addition of MP in this series the idea of marines going against necromorphs was a failure when it was announced and it was I played about 7 games and thought its a pointless waste of time.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood/Revelations: Again a series that didnt need multiplayer for brotherhood it was just a grind should you want to plat the game and a bore to level 50, Both games have poor team player balancing you could be level 13 and you go against level 30-50 players with the best perks and everything. The kill points system is unbalanced as well with me getting 250 points only to die the same way and they get 650?????

Resistance 2: Have to agree with the original poster on this game

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

Sounds to me like you didn't really want to invest time in learning the game and expected the game to hold your hand. Basically, you wanted the game to hand you the victory.
    I tried to get into the game, but I just did not have much chance to get better. It would always boil down to spawn camping, or if I tried to learn how to use warhawks, I would get shot down very quickly by much better players.
    I just don't have the time to spend huge amounts of time just to make a game fun. I am not one of those "play cod every day until I die". I wanted the game to be fun from the start just like Battlefield where you also have to work on earning victory.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I dislike the majority of MP games but invest an embarrassing amount of time into the few I do like.

Not the worst, but COD Modern Warfare 2 was the biggest disappointment. Wrong direction and it's only gotten worse since

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    I tried to get into the game, but I just did not have much chance to get better. It would always boil down to spawn camping, or if I tried to learn how to use warhawks, I would get shot down very quickly by much better players.
    I just don't have the time to spend huge amounts of time just to make a game fun. I am not one of those "play cod every day until I die". I wanted the game to be fun from the start just like Battlefield where you also have to work on earning victory.
    Warhawk is an online only game so it would have been better joining early when the game released -- it can be very fun once you get the hang of it. I had soo many fun games on Warhawk....

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Warhawk was fun until they did a reset of the stats for trophies, I lost all interest. It was a decent 3rd person shooter.

Socom my most anticipated game this Gen turned out to be $#@!! Socom 4 multiplayer is my most disappointing mp game this gen. Zipper my most disappointing developer. From double primaries, to call of duty like recoil everything about the game was not what I expected from a next Gen socom. Glad the series is dead!

Rainbow six vegas 2...omg the $#@!ing lag! Terrorist hunt was still fun tho

Sent from my Note II

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Killzone 3 for me. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Killzone 2 online. However, they changed the gameplay a little to play in the line of CoD a little more and the online totally lost me. I mean, it's great and I like it too, but I was so in love with KZ2 online that when 3 came around, I was deeply disappointed. Hope Guerrilla Games take note.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

16. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Mw2 and KZ3 for me.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Brink
    I liked the idea of the movement system but they didn't take full advantage of it, not in the slightest. Also having sprint/mantle (or whatever its called) on the same key was the worst idea ever it meant I jumped over things I didn't want to or sprinted when I wanted to jump over things. ~AARRGGHH"! IT drove me mad.
    choke points, too many maps had practically impassible choke points that meant defenders nearly always won.

Nexuiz
    Looks great but plays $#@!. From the randomly dropped powerups/runes that give everyone its powers even the enemy team the worst of which is the one that switches your look up/down around, to the severely piss poor sound engine that stutters and cancels out other sounds.
    Free version on PC is miles better and it is FREE

Counter-$#@!e: GO - Never been a fan of the game to be honest but its the law to own CS for PC.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    I thought the Resistance 2 multiplayer was actually pretty fun, when it first came out. I played it so much for the first few weeks, then it just got old.
    Same here, i just burned myself out playing Resistance 2 multiplayer while going for the 10,000 kills trophy and never went back to it.

Can't say there is really a multiplayer game i haven't enjoyed somewhat.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Forcasting into the future, i`m gonna say god of war: ascension.

From the beta, its just a huge button mashin affair....$#@!in hate button mashin. Takes zero skill. Will pick up gow:ascension second hand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    All of them aside from Warhark, killzone 2, Resistance 1 & 2, COD4 & Black Ops 2, Burnout and GTAIV.

Far far farrr too many games had useless tacked on multiplayer.

AC: Brotherhood
    Bioshock 2
    transfomers
    uncharted

And StarHawk's MP was good but a massive let down compared to warhawk..

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Warhawk was fun until they did a reset of the stats for trophies, I lost all interest. It was a decent 3rd person shooter.

Socom my most anticipated game this Gen turned out to be $#@!! Socom 4 multiplayer is my most disappointing mp game this gen. Zipper my most disappointing developer. From double primaries, to call of duty like recoil everything about the game was not what I expected from a next Gen socom. Glad the series is dead!

Rainbow six vegas 2...omg the $#@!ing lag! Terrorist hunt was still fun tho

Sent from my Note II
    Forgot about all that mob Zipper, Socom 4 and MAG would be very high up in my list had i remembered about them.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I liked the idea behind MAG. Class based shooters is where it's at, though I love the yearly CoDs just as much. MAG just felt slightly unfinished/rushed to me, think it needed an extra coat of paint or something. They probably improved it with patches but they lost me at that point

Superior Member
    I'm most disappointed by Socom , what a let down, also tacked on mp of AC: Brotherhood

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    To me Starhawk was somewhat of a disappointment... so was SOCOM Confrontation

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't play a lot of multiplayer games. I remember Skate had a lot of lag.

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer was great fun.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    All of them aside from Warhark, killzone 2, Resistance 1 & 2, COD4 & Black Ops 2, Burnout and GTAIV.

Far far farrr too many games had useless tacked on multiplayer.

AC: Brotherhood
    Bioshock 2
    transfomers
    uncharted

And StarHawk's MP was good but a massive let down compared to warhawk..
    I disagree regarding Uncharted. It wasn't tacked on and they kept improving on it. It just wasn't your cup of tea.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I disagree regarding Uncharted. It wasn't tacked on and they kept improving on it. It just wasn't your cup of tea.
    I played it for lik 5-6 hours of 2 and 3's MP.

Just felt rushed, not very deep and unnecessary. But yeah of course its just my opinion that's what every thread here is, opinions ><

Thread Information